189 visa lodged September 2015

Selina Smith

Hey guys congratulations to everyone who got their grants and wishing u all the best of luck down under. As for me, its pretty bad, I applied on 9-9-2015 and got asked to fill out form 80 and provide further evidence of overseas study on 11-10-2015. And i did both but still no reply. I started to freak out cz just last week i sent my CO an email asking her to update me about the status of my application and still didnt get a reply there either. Is this normal?? Is there anything I should do more on my end? Any advice would be helpful. Thnx guys

Unfortunately it's quite normal not to receive a reply back from the department. I only know of a few people that have ever got a reply.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys congratulations to everyone who got their grants and wishing u all the best of luck down under. As for me, its pretty bad, I applied on 9-9-2015 and got asked to fill out form 80 and provide further evidence of overseas study on 11-10-2015. And i did both but still no reply. I started to freak out cz just last week i sent my CO an email asking her to update me about the status of my application and still didnt get a reply there either. Is this normal?? Is there anything I should do more on my end? Any advice would be helpful. Thnx guys

Hi Moh

I'm in exactly the same boat. I applied on the 8/9/2015 and was asked for further info on the 23rd October (form 80 and info on work experience). Since then I've heard nothing. I rang them up on the 14th November and the lady basically said that it can take 3 months from the date you are assigned a case officer and that I should hear from them by then which will bring me up to mid January. I read on another post which said that once a CO asks you for more info then they don't look up to your file for up to 8 weeks.

Hi Moh

I'm in exactly the same boat. I applied on the 8/9/2015 and was asked for further info on the 23rd October (form 80 and info on work experience). Since then I've heard nothing. I rang them up on the 14th November and the lady basically said that it can take 3 months from the date you are assigned a case officer and that I should hear from them by then which will bring me up to mid January. I read on another post which said that once a CO asks you for more info then they don't look up to your file for up to 8 weeks.

Well that sucks :S we're basically the same case, where are u from if u dont mind me asking?

Seems like all are getting tired of checking grant mails daily.

I also Loged for Visa on Sept 20th and CO contact on 28th Oct and the document was submitted on Nov 3rd.

No reply or contact yet from CO. My only stress buster is looking at this forum and reading posts from other people waiting like me:wacko:.

Friends,

Finally got my gloden grant letter today. The most awaited one (101 days since visa lodgement without any contact from CO or update). Dont know how all the frustration and sadness turned out to be a pleasure with that email. Thanks to the almighty and all the friends here who helped me and boosted when I was down. Wish all of you to get the grant soon.

Regards

Falcon

Friends,

Finally got my gloden grant letter today. The most awaited one (101 days since visa lodgement without any contact from CO or update). Dont know how all the frustration and sadness turned out to be a pleasure with that email. Thanks to the almighty and all the friends here who helped me and boosted when I was down. Wish all of you to get the grant soon.

Regards

Falcon

Congrats Falcon!! What a way to end 2015! Hope you have a wonderful 2016 in Australia, do update us when you can :)

Friends,

Regards

Falcon

Happy Days Falcon,

Hopefully mine will be soon :)

Friends,

Regards

Falcon

Congratulations Falcon!

good day guys. I have a query that I hope you all can help me.. I have allotted a CO last Nov 3. and submitted all documents November 10. My son was born Sept but waited until Nov 13 to get his passport. I forward form 1022 to my CO and a certified True copy of passport. I am waiting for his reply for my son HAP ID but for 6 weeks no reply.

My question is. There is a option in ImmiAccount to click INFORMATION PROVIDED. is it okay to click it without my son's HAP ID or should I wait for my CO's reply.

Please help me.

Edited by VLAN

We got our visa this morning in the early hours. It feels very surreal however sure it will sink in once we get organising things. We submitted our visa application on 8th September and had CO contact on 16th October. Exactly 2 months from our CO contact the visa elf came....Lovely to get our visa before christmas now the fun begins with lots of planning

good day guys. I have a query that I hope you all can help me.. I have allotted a CO last Nov 3. and submitted all documents November 10. My son was born Sept but waited until Nov 13 to get his passport. I forward form 1022 to my CO and a certified True copy of passport. I am waiting for his reply for my son HAP ID but for 6 weeks no reply.

My question is. There is a option in ImmiAccount to click INFORMATION PROVIDED. is it okay to click it without my son's HAP ID or should I wait for my CO's reply.

Please help me.

Does baby's name now appear on the eLodgement page? Have you paid the application charge to add baby onto the visa?

We got our visa this morning in the early hours. It feels very surreal however sure it will sink in once we get organising things. We submitted our visa application on 8th September and had CO contact on 16th October. Exactly 2 months from our CO contact the visa elf came....Lovely to get our visa before christmas now the fun begins with lots of planning

Congratulations!!!!