189 visa lodged September 2015

Selina Smith

I didn't think you had to get them notarised as long as they were colour scans????? I haven't had any of my documents notarised :-/ x

it's 3 months for us too waaaaaaaaaaa

please please please let us hear something before Xmas.... this waiting is bloody brutal :arghh::wacko::chatterbox:

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we heard back after we sent the new notarized form in, and no worries to you folks, that was not the issue. We needed a different police check, luckily one that can be obtained online...

The moment this visa grant comes through I am going to lose my ****.

I GOT MY VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!! My 5 month old usually wakes for a bottle throughout the night so I check my emails then, she completely slept through last night so I've woke up this morning to 4 magic emails which are the visa grants for the whole family. This has been over 7 years in the making from convincing my then boyfriend (now husband) to not spend our savings on a house deposit but to travel the world with me instead, where we fell in love with Australia! A complete career change, a wedding and 2 kiss later here we are!

I hope all of you hear very soon about your own grants!! Is 6am too early for champagne?????

Selina x

I GOT MY VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!! My 5 month old usually wakes for a bottle throughout the night so I check my emails then, she completely slept through last night so I've woke up this morning to 4 magic emails which are the visa grants for the whole family. This has been over 7 years in the making from convincing my then boyfriend (now husband) to not spend our savings on a house deposit but to travel the world with me instead, where we fell in love with Australia! A complete career change, a wedding and 2 kiss later here we are!

I hope all of you hear very soon about your own grants!! Is 6am too early for champagne?????

Selina x

Congratulations!

Selina x

Congrats Selina!!! How exciting.... You've given me renewed hope ? Pop that cork!!! Was your application processed by Adelaide or Brisbane?

Selina x

Happy Christmas Selina , great news & no 6am is not too early for champers

Selina x

Congratulations, great news!!

I believe it's a legal requirement to drink champagne at breakfast.

Thank you all for the congratulations. I still can't believe it and I keep checking my emails! It was

pretty much 3 months from the invitation to apply.

The plan now is to try and save as much as we can and hopefully head over to Perth in July/August as this is the time teaching jobs are advertised ready for the new school year. In the meantime I have to register with the teaching board so my form filling days are definitely not over!!! If we can't save enough we will only go over to validate and then make the big move in 2017 :-(

Really hope it's our last winter here!!!!

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for everyone else waiting!

I managed to hold off on the champagne this morning, my husband and I will share it when the kids are in bed! We will clink our glasses to wish you all good luck!! Xx

Edited by Selina Smith

Thank you all for the congratulations. I still can't believe it and I keep checking my emails! It was

pretty much 3 months from the invitation to apply.

The plan now is to try and save as much as we can and hopefully head over to Perth in July/August as this is the time teaching jobs are advertised ready for the new school year. In the meantime I have to register with the teaching board so my form filling days are definitely not over!!! If we can't save enough we will only go over to validate and then make the big move in 2017 :-(

Really hope it's our last winter here!!!!

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for everyone else waiting!

I managed to hold off on the champagne this morning, my husband and I will share it when the kids are in bed! We will clink our glasses to wish you all good luck!! Xx

We are still looking to move to Perth 31st Jan 2016, if we ever get the visa, so you never know we may met up one day enjoy the champers xx

Not trying to be a spoilsport ... but it makes me grind my teeth every time I see someone from October or November get their grant................. what is going on!!!!!! so frustrating! Seems like such a silly system... come on visa grant gods - do your thing for us poor August and September crowd!

Not trying to be a spoilsport ... but it makes me grind my teeth every time I see someone from October or November get their grant................. what is going on!!!!!! so frustrating! Seems like such a silly system... come on visa grant gods - do your thing for us poor August and September crowd!

its sad that we're left to wait.. unfortunately these visa officers' performances are evaluated on their capability to deliver on their SLA of 3 months. I'm assuming that's why they are more inclined to work on October and more recent applicants so they achieve their target for this month/quarter.

115 days since visa application

49 days since request complete :(

Edited by perthling

its sad that we're left to wait.. unfortunately these visa officers' performances are evaluated on their capability to deliver on their SLA of 3 months. I'm assuming that's why they are more inclined to work on October and more recent applicants so they achieve their target for this month/quarter.

115 days since visa application

49 days since request complete :(

That is an extremely good point.

Well guys it was finally our turn this morning, I'm so happy will be heading out to Perth 31/01/16, it has been a long road 91days to be precise and I feel i know some of you personally now, thank you all for listening to my moaning and thank you captain for your valuable knowledge, good luck to the rest of you xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well guys it was finally our turn this morning, I'm so happy will be heading out to Perth 31/01/16, it has been a long road 91days to be precise and I feel i know some of you personally now, thank you all for listening to my moaning and thank you captain for your valuable knowledge, good luck to the rest of you xxxxxxxxxxxx

Great news Kirsty!!! Congratulations!!

Hi,

I have joined new to this forum, I have done my engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication and currently I am working as a software Engineer. I am done with my IELTS and the next step is I believe ACS Evaluation. But I am not very sure how to do that. I am not in the favour of going through a consultancy. Can anybody help me?

Regards

Pallabi

Congratulations

OMG @Kirstyj I'm so excited for you!!!!!! Congratulations chick! Fkn brilliant!! maybe you'll set the pace for the rest of us!!