Spring in Sydney is sprung (as Britain's colder than average summer comes to an end.)

MARYROSE02

Sunshine, blue skies, flowers blossoming everywhere, including my favourite - jasmine - but in Pommie land, on the cusp of an eight month autumn/winter, a wet bank holiday ending a miserable summer. If you believe the Daily 'Fail' of course!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3213678/Bank-holiday-break-Make-sure-bring-brolly-rain-blustery-conditions-predicted-country.html

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sunshine, blue skies, flowers blossoming everywhere, including my favourite - jasmine - but in Pommie land, on the cusp of an eight month autumn/winter, a wet bank holiday ending a miserable summer. If you believe the Daily 'Fail' of course!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3213678/Bank-holiday-break-Make-sure-bring-brolly-rain-blustery-conditions-predicted-country.html

But England manages to look gorgeous no matter what the weather is like. All that rain keeps it lovely and green.

But England manages to look gorgeous no matter what the weather is like. All that rain keeps it lovely and green.

Green grass their may be.. but green grass under grey skies isn't gorgeous in anyones eyes. The summer has been a typical one for the UK. A week of hot weather every now and then. But aside from that spring / autumn ish.

No sorry, that article must be wrong. We have been told several times on here that this summer in the UK has been wonderful with blue skies, sunshine and high temperatures pretty much permanently.

Only in Stratford!

I'll be honest and say it has been a dismal summer in Central Scotland, a complete contract to the last two (or maybe I just couldn't see the rain through my rose tints :) )

staying with family in canberra at the mo & it was gorgeous here today. they said it was only 13c but it felt much warmer. had the doors and windows open & sat out near the pool most of the day enjoying all the blossoms on the trees & the beautiful blue sky.

Are you still bothered with that nausea Shak or do you feel better now?

Im alot better then before,thank goodness...now i dont know if thats to do with the fact that im returning to the uk soon or because the weather is alot cooler.i'll soon find out.docs back in uk are convinced its due to all the stress...thankyou for asking jockintas

We went for a walk at 11am today

Dipped our feet in the water and just strolled along minding our own business

Called in and had Cod and chips with a lovely side salad sat on a bench and watched the kids playing on the sand and in the ocean

The weather forecast was saying rain all day but it was beautiful

The weather forecastors are the same in both country's I have noticed (never right lol)

As I'm typing this now the rain is pouring it down which is how the weather normally is here

Dry during the day and wet on an evening even storms

I don't think the weather has been too bad here actually MR2?I was in Oz for part of summer,and we've had quite a lot of really nice days.Ok not scorching,but early-mid 20's is plenty warm enough for me.I don't pay too much attention to weather tbh.Some people seem to be fixated on it for sure!

I've just come back from Bronte, left it late today, after five pm so the sun was behind the beach. The water actually felt warmer, and according to the surf lifesaving club board, was 18 degrees, 20 degrees air temperature. Beautiful evening too with a full moon and lots of people still BBQ-ing as i left.

You just have to stay in during the heat of the day, and then head to the beach in the late arvo, or early morning if you like getting up early. Look on the bright side, Shak. It's only going to last for eight months!

Luckily i'm not here for that long ;)

I wouldn't go celebrating too much ...australia has some extreme weather on the way .....you see some of us don't read the daily mail.

The el Nino is growing big time this year ....its already started....

We may have a severe winter here in the u.k ...extreme heat for some in oz...that isn't a tabloid story ,its fact

I wouldn't go celebrating too much ...australia has some extreme weather on the way .....you see some of us don't read the daily mail.

The el Nino is growing big time this year ....its already started....

We may have a severe winter here in the u.k ...extreme heat for some in oz...that isn't a tabloid story ,its fact

We are all going to die in the 'Towering Global Warming Inferno?'

We had the really awful temperature extremes in the past, eg winter 1963 and summer 1976 in UK.

Archived