Spring in Sydney is sprung (as Britain's colder than average summer comes to an end.)

MARYROSE02

I wouldn't go celebrating too much ...australia has some extreme weather on the way .....you see some of us don't read the daily mail.

The el Nino is growing big time this year ....its already started....

We may have a severe winter here in the u.k ...extreme heat for some in oz...that isn't a tabloid story ,its fact

Yep, it's aleady been forecastid this El Nino goes the way they think it is going to go.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are all going to die in the 'Towering Global Warming Inferno?'

We had the really awful temperature extremes in the past, eg winter 1963 and summer 1976 in UK.

You really naive in the extreme .....this isn't a warm summer in 1976 ,this is happening globally ...typhoons..hurricanes,flooding ,drought.

You watch the news don't you ?

You really naive in the extreme .....this isn't a warm summer in 1976 ,this is happening globally ...typhoons..hurricanes,flooding ,drought.

Been reading about this for a long time now

It don't sound good

But not a lot we can do about it

Just have to deal with it when it/if it happens

Been reading about this for a long time now

It don't sound good

But not a lot we can do about it

Just have to deal with it when it/if it happens

Its not the dealing with it that's the problem

I don't know whether its man made climate change ,or natures cycle ,but its happening .

Its the bury your head in the sand attitude,as daily another country gets hit with extreme weather .

As we speak 3 weather systems are rolling towards Hawaii ,I think they are hurricanes ,please correct me if iam wrong ,one after the other.

There's a band of flooding stretching through Hong Kong into Japan .

There's el Nino weather patterns used to happen ,once every twenty to 30 years...then it was once every 5 , now its more frequent.

This summer in the middle east,temps touched 50c over a prolonged period.

Due to the heat,the I habitants became nocturnal ,due to the heat of the day.

The ironic thing ,president Obama is in Alaska ,bringing the worlds attention to the damage the situation is doing to the arctic.

Very soon there will be no ice during an arctic summer,and sea levels are due to rise 3ft.....

Meanwhile he has just signed his agreeance for shell to start drilling for oil in the arctic .....

This is so the U.S remains the worlds new no 1 producer of oil and gas

I just don't think Australia does enough either. The first thing I noticed when I came back was FOUR types of recycling bins outside the houses. Why back home in Oz do I have only 2 ?

Oh yeh.......Australia is too beautiful for that, might make the place look ugly.

What's new? Pompeii? The River Thames freezing over? Krakatoa? San Francisco? Nothing changes.

I just don't think Australia does enough either. The first thing I noticed when I came back was FOUR types of recycling bins outside the houses. Why back home in Oz do I have only 2 ?

Oh yeh.......Australia is too beautiful for that, might make the place look ugly.

We have 1 recycling bin, in Australia we didn't have one at all. I have no idea why a certain area would have 4.

Summer here has been fine, not as good as last year though. I'm not sure why expats in Australia worry so much about the weather here though ? I couldn't care less what the weather is like in Sydney as I have zero interest in ever living there.

0.01 per cent, at least, otherwise you would not be commenting on here!

One bin for garbage, one for recycling, one for green waste if you are in a suburban area. I've no idea if Australia or the UK is in the lead when it comes to recycling, or how pretty the bins look. I recall the shock of seeing my local council - Southampton City - putting the ugliest imaginable garbage bins, smack against the medieval city walls, and directly under tourist information signs. Mind you, it is a Labour council and they seemed determined to out-do the Luftwaffe.

Iam beginning to worry about you now .....the above mentions events were over hundreds of years......look what's happened in the last 20

Off the top of my head

Hurricane Katrina

The tsunami on boxing day

The Japanese tsunami

Queensland floods

Victoria bushfires

California wildfires

Haiti

There's loads more ...help anyone ?

One bin for garbage, one for recycling, one for green waste if you are in a suburban area. I've no idea if Australia or the UK is in the lead when it comes to recycling, or how pretty the bins look. I recall the shock of seeing my local council - Southampton City - putting the ugliest imaginable garbage bins, smack against the medieval city walls, and directly under tourist information signs. Mind you, it is a Labour council and they seemed determined to out-do the Luftwaffe.

No need to try and turn it into a competition, both countries recycle although having said that we had no recycling bin in Brisbane.

We have taken on the optional garden waste bin ($60 I think for the year) but this is Qld

So that makes 3 bins

Most Aussies take to the local tip as like in the UK its always busy

But our local tip is the best I've ever seen for separating it all etc

No need to try and turn it into a competition, both countries recycle although having said that we had no recycling bin in Brisbane.

Janlo has 4 different types of recycling bins.

The nature strips must get very crowded where he lives.

Although I don't think you have nature strips in the UK do you ?

Archived