Jeremy Corbyn, thoughts?

Harpodom

Ireland is a little bigger than Northern Ireland! The IRA were meant to represent the Republic Of Ireland which they did not, only their own interests. Yes they have a voice in NORTHERN IRELAND!

Are you saying they had no support in Ireland? No border activity.That would be wrong. Obviously the Irish had grave reservations supporting a situation that would be just as difficult, or more if the unification of Ireland resulted. I believe many felt a degree of sympathy with the plight of Catholics but clueless to a solution.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm part Irish and believe me, none of my relatives supported republican action sponsored by American underworld money. The IRA did not speak for many Irish people being a very small minority terrorist organisation and yes UK were at war with them.

I feel Corbin is being found out to be far too left wing for the general UK public to pallet and as such he will be short lived and be remembered as a low point for the Labour Party. I am right leaning in my political views however I applaud a strong Labour Party to ensure policies are politically tested and the Conservatives held to account for their decisions. At the moment the system contains one strong party with remaining parties being fringe or special interest, not healthy politically.

S

I believe the past will be trawled through with a fine tooth comb in an attempt to embarrass Corbyn at every opportunity. I expect the Tory Dirty Tricks department is 24/7 working at how to stop the rise of Corbyn's particular brand of refreshing not submitting to the status quo. The shameful things being the forces of the right have massive powers at their disposal not forgetting a bottomless pit of funds.

Very likely they will indeed be successful in pushing policy of the present government, terrifying the natives into advocating change taking the country further down the American path towards ever greater inequality. Leading obviously to a ever greater marginalised nation where those with the real power have little to fear and the rest buckle under or sink. How do the Tories do it? Of course through their old chest nuts like security, military, patriotism, fear. You will note not a fair and just or transparent or accountable society.

Nothing that may provoke a better society with a NHS remaining perhaps with some efficiency solutions but essentially the same. Even Thatcher didn't go as far as present policy and future dictate the unfairness and nastiness in stall. Remind me how many families are going to be worse of with present cuts?

The Tories are well aware next time around is going to be hard with the unfair measures en train. They hope to create so much fear in the minds of the people most likely to benefit (which is the majority) that Corbyn's name will be mud. Hardly a novel policy but I suspect highly effective on a reasonably docile population with help from tabloid media and big business.

Comments on here show the level of thinking with a lot of nonsense generally. Few mention the problems of the nation and growing inequality but get their stockings laddered and knickers twisted about nonsense like singing or not singing the national hymn.

Very sad.

Well, we could disband our armed services for a start and sell off all their equipment and properties.

Sell off Royal family 's assets and property next.

Sell all the remaining big houses, mansions, etc.

Dismantle all the football clubs and sell their stadiums.

What have I left? Can't sell the prisons as we need them to hold all the class enemies.

Selling assets ? Surely you refer to the Tory side of politics. Anything not of use for ideological purposes or nailed down must be flogged off.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11924431/Revealed-Jeremy-Corbyn-and-John-McDonnells-close-IRA-links.html

Makes my blood boil, I am an 80's kid and the IRA were a daily threat in London and to think these two now have political influence worries me! Simply put, anti British.

S

I was living in London then. Saw the results of a car bomb in my manor. Nasty things going on for sure. But on both sides. Talking did seem to find resolution in the end where as the tit for tat military operation was never ending. Simply put, definitely anti war. I can't see that being anti British although anti prevailing government thought on the matter.

He just lives in loud cuckoo land and that is exactly why he won't be taking Labour into the next election. People generally aren't stupid and realise so much of what he says is pie in the sky. Don't get me wrong I totally agree in a fairer society but haven't heard anything he has said which would lead me to believe he was able to deliver it.

He talks a lot of sense but needs to tamper emotion. He is learning I believe but has a massive task ahead of him defeating the collective forces on the right. A herculean task to say the least.

Gosh haven't you been listening? Do you think the present mob are going to deliver a fairer society? I wonder just to what degree do you believe in a fairer society? Considering UK least fair as stands in Western Europe at the moment and steadily becoming more so.

He talks a lot of sense but needs to tamper emotion. He is learning I believe but has a massive task ahead of him defeating the collective forces on the right. A herculean task to say the least.

Gosh haven't you been listening? Do you think the present mob are going to deliver a fairer society? I wonder just to what degree do you believe in a fairer society? Considering UK least fair as stands in Western Europe at the moment and steadily becoming more so.

Couldn't agree more with everything you have said in your last few posts, people on here will only see the reality when it starts to personally cost them and theirs and no one will actually believe there is a game plan to actually keep them all in play until the time comes to start screwing them over in exactly the same way as the poor and socially excluded, so you might as well save the effort of your fingers on the keyboard.

I actually like some of the conservative supporters on here as people (from what I know of them) but then it just comes back into my head about how can they support the likes of Iain Duncan smith. Eurgh.

Im not actually sure of corbyn so far, I think he's better than the other choices but I'm not sure if he'll make a massive difference

Didn't he say something about talking to your enemies? I'm really not sure about it but I just can't imagine him being an actual IRA supporter. If I'm wrong then I'll apologise! The Tories and the msm just love using fear and smear tactics. Before the election it was Alex salmond and the scots having more power and taking all England's money.. Now it's corbyn not wearing a tie, not singing God save the queen and now all this IRA stuff. Next they'll try and outdo David Cameron shagging a pig by saying corbyn shoves hamsters up his ass or something like that :laugh:

They will still try to justify it. The man can do no wrong. :rolleyes:

And Harpo, the hard yards of the peace process was under John Major, Tony Blair completed the task.

Edited by Bungo

Yeah, smear positive that article.

I like the emotive tone of the language. Not a mention of the pervading culture at the time: eg injustice of internment, or of the oppression of Catholics in N Ireland.

Did either of these guys actually commit any terrorist acts, or enable them to happen?

God I hate tories

But you like Gerry Adams and the IRA.

I read a book of his, a long time ago. IIRC it was a collection of short stories, one of which was a very sweet story about a child with Down's. It left me with the impression that he is good man.

I'm no supporter of terrorism parley.

Couldn't agree more with everything you have said in your last few posts, people on here will only see the reality when it starts to personally cost them and theirs and no one will actually believe there is a game plan to actually keep them all in play until the time comes to start screwing them over in exactly the same way as the poor and socially excluded, so you might as well save the effort of your fingers on the keyboard.

I know what a form of exercise. I am under no delusions with regards to changing views of the rusted on conservatives on here. As they say to make one other uncommitted person consider politics and question a task half worth the effort.

I think Corbyn is a woolly headed dreamer, not really ideal Prime Minister material, however I do realise that the only possible explanation for this aberrant thought is that I have been brainwashed, I'll see if I can get some treatment that will enable me to see the truth.

Do you think that or you have been convinced to think like that? Funny I've had a lifetime of political attachment and interest and don't think that. Will treatment help in this instance? Probably not. Unless the lose that destructive mindset and make an attempt to help yourself.