AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

17 minutes ago, Afanso said:

Soooo frustrated! Can anyone tell me what to do now?

It has been more than 17 months since the lodgement, still no approval! ( Applied online in Mar 2017, tested in Jul 2017 at Sydney CBD). Called, emailed and sent feedback (complain) to DHA many many times but doesn't help at all. FOI has also been conducted and the records show "nil concerns", however the records also tell that the case hasn't been touched since Oct 2017. What should I do? Feel so bad!

That is really frustrating to know that it has not been touched for 10 months.

I hope you hear something soon, as you are already past the published timeline.

19 hours ago, Afanso said:

It has been more than 17 months since the lodgement, still no approval! ( Applied online in Mar 2017, tested in Jul 2017 at Sydney CBD). Called, emailed and sent feedback (complain) to DHA many many times but doesn't help at all. FOI has also been conducted and the records show "nil concerns", however the records also tell that the case hasn't been touched since Oct 2017. What should I do? Feel so bad!

You could engage a migration agent to contact the department on your behalf. They will be able to get a more accurate answer for you. 

21 hours ago, Afanso said:

The following is from another forum hope the following information will help you

"Hi All,

I attended my ceremony today. It was a long journey and hard. I went through a lot to become an Australian citizen and I think the emotional stress that I went through would need some time to heal.

I complained to Ombudsman, Applied for FOI, went to MPs and even after approval I had to raise the issue up to minister to get my ceremony date changed because I needed my passport urgently and had a load of documents to prove the urgency of my case.

I gained a lot of information along the way. My only advice to all friends here: Fight strongly and politely. Know your rights and demand them. There are 250000 cases of citizenship waiting for approval. There is no solid reason behind it. Security issue is a made up bulshit to hold migrants from voting in the next election (quoted from MP office). The more you sit back, the more you would be pushed back. They want to reduce the number of migrants because it puts the future of conservatives in danger.

I applied for FOI and it was mentioned in the FOI all requirements met (10 months before approval). When applying for approval ask for a reason that your application is not approved. Ask for all the records and documents in CCPT and strongly ask for an evidence showing that department is waiting for a document from a third party to approve your case.

I could find a direct telephone number from NSW ceremony section. I called so many times and asked questions that one of the information officers gave me this number and told me it is disconnected, but I tried it and it work. They actually told me I was planned to attend a ceremony in October and I went to council and found out that ceremony for October is cancelled. They cancelled a lot of ceremonies because they want to show off in Australia day that they have a lot of people as Ausralian citizen.
This number is only for NSW ceremony section."

1 hour ago, ArsalanAhmad said:

The following is from another forum hope the following information will help you

"Hi All,

I attended my ceremony today. It was a long journey and hard. I went through a lot to become an Australian citizen and I think the emotional stress that I went through would need some time to heal.

I complained to Ombudsman, Applied for FOI, went to MPs and even after approval I had to raise the issue up to minister to get my ceremony date changed because I needed my passport urgently and had a load of documents to prove the urgency of my case.

I gained a lot of information along the way. My only advice to all friends here: Fight strongly and politely. Know your rights and demand them. There are 250000 cases of citizenship waiting for approval. There is no solid reason behind it. Security issue is a made up bulshit to hold migrants from voting in the next election (quoted from MP office). The more you sit back, the more you would be pushed back. They want to reduce the number of migrants because it puts the future of conservatives in danger.

I applied for FOI and it was mentioned in the FOI all requirements met (10 months before approval). When applying for approval ask for a reason that your application is not approved. Ask for all the records and documents in CCPT and strongly ask for an evidence showing that department is waiting for a document from a third party to approve your case.

I could find a direct telephone number from NSW ceremony section. I called so many times and asked questions that one of the information officers gave me this number and told me it is disconnected, but I tried it and it work. They actually told me I was planned to attend a ceremony in October and I went to council and found out that ceremony for October is cancelled. They cancelled a lot of ceremonies because they want to show off in Australia day that they have a lot of people as Ausralian citizen.
This number is only for NSW ceremony section."

Thank you.

Ceremony invitation received!

Date applied: 05/12/2017
City/Council area: Melbourne
Online / Paper: Paper
Date received the acknowledgement email: 29/01/2018
Date of the Citizenship Test: 25/06/2018 *Passed
Date of ceremony: 27/09/2018

However, most likely I'll postpone the ceremony for 2 reasons:

- My wife and I applied together (although she applied online) and she just got the invitation today to take the test in November, even though we both nominated each other to be together for the ceremony. Funny how it (doesn't ?) works. Although this post above ? explains a bit!

- I have an upcoming trip to NZ for work on the 31st of October and I'm worried I might be cutting it too fine getting a passport on time. Allowing for 2 weeks after the ceremony to apply for a passport, that leaves 2 weeks for me to get the passport, which I guess the "Urgent" service should do the trick with a week to spare, only other issue is tickets have already been booked with my current passport details.

Any thoughts on the passport issue? Any experience using the urgent service?

Good luck to everybody still on the wait!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mangel83 said:

- My wife and I applied together (although she applied online) and she just got the invitation today to take the test in November, even though we both nominated each other to be together for the ceremony. Funny how it (doesn't ?) works. Although this post above ? explains a bit!

- I have an upcoming trip to NZ for work on the 31st of October and I'm worried I might be cutting it too fine getting a passport on time. Allowing for 2 weeks after the ceremony to apply for a passport, that leaves 2 weeks for me to get the passport, which I guess the "Urgent" service should do the trick with a week to spare, only other issue is tickets have already been booked with my current passport details.

Congrats on your ceremony! We (my husband and I) had our ceremony last August 9 and we applied passports the next day after the ceremony (August 10) directly to Australian Passport Office. We were allowed to schedule directly in their office since our holiday to NZ is August 16, and we only have 4 working days to apply passports.

We got our passports the same day (5 hours to be exact).

You still have 4 weeks before your trip, just apply for passport right after you get your certificate.

It is just a breeze going to NZ immigration with AU passport on hand. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mangel83 said:

Urgent passports can be got.......for an extra $185 !  That is if they give you a certificate on the day. We didn’t get ours as new minister hasn’t sorted signature yet. Hope they come soon we need passport for a holiday in October. I resent having to pay the extra, I would have delayed the ceremony if I had known. 

Seems to be a lot of ceremonies really close to overseas trips, I have had the same issue. Got the same thing, invite yesterday for Sydney, a day before an overseas trip which i informed my case office of at the time of my interview... ever get the idea they trying to raise some extra revenue with the addition $185 for the faster passport processing times 

Hi Everyone,

What is required to be taken to the test/interview? My partner has his test on Monday 3rd September and is stressing as he can't find the paperwork for his 417 visa from 2012.

He has his: expired passport (with entry stamp in it dated 16/08/2012), his new passport, the signed 1195 form, signed passport picture, driving licence, household bill, tenancy contract.

Is there anything else he should take with him?

Applied online.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Received our test date on Tuesday, 8 months and 1 day after application.

Date Applied: 27/12/2017

City/Council Area: City of Cockburn, WA

Online/Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 27/12/2017

Date of Citizenship Test: 08/10/2018

• Like 2

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 17:38, kirsty160990 said:

Hi Everyone,

What is required to be taken to the test/interview? My partner has his test on Monday 3rd September and is stressing as he can't find the paperwork for his 417 visa from 2012.

He has his: expired passport (with entry stamp in it dated 16/08/2012), his new passport, the signed 1195 form, signed passport picture, driving licence, household bill, tenancy contract.

Is there anything else he should take with him?

Applied online.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

You just need the documents you uploaded on your citizenship application. No need to show the 1195 form.

Good luck on his test.

• Like 1

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:25, Bristle said:

Received our test date on Tuesday, 8 months and 1 day after application.

Date Applied: 27/12/2017

City/Council Area: City of Cockburn, WA

Online/Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 27/12/2017

Date of Citizenship Test: 08/10/2018

Good luck on your test! Most likely, your ceremony will be Australia Day.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2018 at 09:47, Zet01 said:

Congrats on your ceremony! We (my husband and I) had our ceremony last August 9 and we applied passports the next day after the ceremony (August 10) directly to Australian Passport Office. We were allowed to schedule directly in their office since our holiday to NZ is August 16, and we only have 4 working days to apply passports.

We got our passports the same day (5 hours to be exact).

You still have 4 weeks before your trip, just apply for passport right after you get your certificate.

It is just a breeze going to NZ immigration with AU passport on hand. ?

Quite a speedy turnaround! Thanks for the information, however I'm still thinking about postponing it to try to be in a ceremony with my wife.

On 31/08/2018 at 12:22, rammygirl said:

Urgent passports can be got.......for an extra $185 !  That is if they give you a certificate on the day. We didn’t get ours as new minister hasn’t sorted signature yet. Hope they come soon we need passport for a holiday in October. I resent having to pay the extra, I would have delayed the ceremony if I had known. 

I agree, I've already spent enough as it is, but I guess  it's no a whole lot more in the grand scheme of things.

8 minutes ago, mangel83 said:

Quite a speedy turnaround! Thanks for the information, however I'm still thinking about postponing it to try to be in a ceremony with my wife.

I agree, I've already spent enough as it is, but I guess  it's no a whole lot more in the grand scheme of things.

Understand your point. Better to celebrate the ceremony together with your wife. All the best.

Edited by Zet01

1 hour ago, kirsty160990 said:

Partner completed his citizenship test today and got 100%. Now the wait for the ceremony begins. 

Good luck all. 

Hi Kristy 

Congratulations ... would you mind me asking your partner's application timeline . Did he get the approval straightaway after completing his test ? Are you in Melbourne ? I did my test on Thursday , now waiting for the approval . 

Cheers

18 hours ago, crunchy said:

Hi Kristy 

Congratulations ... would you mind me asking your partner's application timeline . Did he get the approval straightaway after completing his test ? Are you in Melbourne ? I did my test on Thursday , now waiting for the approval . 

Cheers

Hi Crunchy,

Partner applied on 19/04/2018 online, test email received on 16/08/2018, test date was for 03/09/2018. His interviewer told him he got 100%.

Darwin location for us.

It's still not updated on the immi account yet. The interviewer told him that the next process is the police checks which immigration will do and that a ceremony date could take up to 6 months. 

Good luck with your application ? 

Did my interview and test on Friday (31Aug), 100% on the test and my immi account changed to Approved straight after. My husband did his yesterday (3 Sept), 100% but he is still showing as received in the immi account. Both the same application, same country, same docs etc.... weird! ? 

3 hours ago, DeeTowers said:

Did my interview and test on Friday (31Aug), 100% on the test and my immi account changed to Approved straight after. My husband did his yesterday (3 Sept), 100% but he is still showing as received in the immi account. Both the same application, same country, same docs etc.... weird! ? 

Mine was approved after 2 days, husband got his approval 20 days after.

Are you from which state? Ours is in Victoria.

Congrats on your approval, hopefully your husband will get his approval soon.

3 hours ago, kirsty160990 said:

Hi Crunchy,

Partner applied on 19/04/2018 online, test email received on 16/08/2018, test date was for 03/09/2018. His interviewer told him he got 100%.

Darwin location for us.

It's still not updated on the immi account yet. The interviewer told him that the next process is the police checks which immigration will do and that a ceremony date could take up to 6 months. 

Good luck with your application ? 

That was a quick turnaround. Your husband's IMMI should show approved first (a formal letter will follow soon) before he gets a ceremony invite.

We got our ceremony invite 1 month after approval.  

18 hours ago, DeeTowers said:

Even my husband is still waiting, he appeared on 16th aug

Hi guys,

I have a question about traffic offence. I've already applied for my citizenship and I had a traffic infringement a few years back. It's paid and no court finding. Do I need to include that in my application?

Because it only mentions on the application form to include offence with court conviction. Anyone with this experience and got citizenship approval?