Malaysia Airlines to stop flying to Brisbane from 8-Aug this year

srh82

My last two trips back to UK was with Malaysia, in fact just got back to OZ on Tuesday night, I have never had a problem with them, and always found them good to fly with, the worst was probably this last trip on the KL to LHR leg, where I thought maybe they are cutting down on inflight services, but it was more likely just that crew as all other sectors were fine, and the seat pitch and width on the A380 (upstairs) is one of the best around. I have to say though that our flight on Tuesday KL to BNE was only half full, but all other flights were just about full.

Going back in History a little when we emigrated in 1999 we flew with Malaysia as they were the only airline to give us double baggage allowance for free, then after several years of flying with other airlines we returned to Malaysia Airlines and were pleasantly surprised with the standard of service, bettering some of the others we had flown with, and in my experience I rate them better than BA and Qantas.

It will be a shame to lose them but I will avoid airlines that re-route via other Australian cities, only adds more time to the overall journey with more chance of delays and missed connections.

I recently flew with BA and Qantas. I always had them rated about the same in my head, but Qantas was far better service, entertainment and comfort. They must be upping their game to compete with the Asian carriers

More MH updates:

Kuala Lumpur – Adelaide eff 09AUG15 Service reduce from 7 to 4 weekly (Day 357 from KUL, Day 146 from ADL cancelled)

Kuala Lumpur – Melbourne eff 02AUG15 Service reduce from 3 to 2 daily, MH147/146 cancelled

Kuala Lumpur – Sydney eff 03AUG15 Service reduce from 3 to 2 daily, MH143/142 cancelled

I recently flew with BA and Qantas. I always had them rated about the same in my head, but Qantas was far better service, entertainment and comfort. They must be upping their game to compete with the Asian carriers

My brother flew to UK return with both of them, this and last month, he rated Qantas a lot better than BA too. One of the reasons we don't fly with Qantas is that we have been bumped onto a BA flight before, and BA cabin crew eat 6 lemons each before they start their shift!

My brother flew to UK return with both of them, this and last month, he rated Qantas a lot better than BA too. One of the reasons we don't fly with Qantas is that we have been bumped onto a BA flight before, and BA cabin crew eat 6 lemons each before they start their shift!

:laugh:Haha don't know if this is true...only ever flown BA on domestic UK routes.

but it did make me laugh

I guess Malaysian airlines have been hit because of their mysterious disappearance and also a couple of bad incidents recently. I wouldn't fly with them now, just a couple too many 'incidents'- obviously everyone else agrees, too!

Obviously, not everyone else, two A380 and a airbus 330 to all intents, all full on my recent trip and KL airport was pretty busy too!

Obviously, not everyone else, two A380 and a airbus 330 to all intents, all full on my recent trip and KL airport was pretty busy too!

Same experience for my OH recently. Full flights on MEL-KUL-LHR and CDG-KUL-MEL. BUT, they paid only $1500 booking at about a weeks notice...so the seats are filled, but there is no yield at all quite possibly.

I agree, I've flown with BA to New York and last year one leg home from Aus was with a BA carrier - I thought the food and entertainment was poor in comparison to Singapore and Cathay Pacific!

Well I arrived in one piece but the toilets were minging

On the several airlines I have flown on over the years I can only remember two or three actual flights ( the 13 hr legs) when the cabin crew went in and freshened the toilets, Malaysian was one and Singapore was the other, I really think it depends on the cabin crew/supervisor, my recent flights with Malaysia toilets were not freshened but did remain reasonable.

Have a great time Kev.

Archived