189 visa lodged February 2015.

Pinkestlady

Feeling sorry for all (including myself) who are awaiting Visa grant since long time.. One thing I have noticed is visa grant is done on case to case basis. If you are lucky then you will get direct grant else LONG WAIT :-(

I have submitted our visa application on 19th Feb..front loaded all docs (including PCC, Medicals).. On 28th April - provided all additional details requested by CO and still awaiting Visa grant. Hope we will get good news by end of this month.

To divert mind and stay optimistic started indulging in hobbies.

Positive vibes to all and Cheers :-)

*** THIS TOO SHALL PASS ***

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

I see how hard times you have - it is still ahead of me as I have applied on April.

I must admit that decision to moving to Oz is huge one! We'll leave our families behind, we had to spend lots of money to make our dream true, we have stressful time during application process and I suppose that all of us have moments of doubts.

However I believe it is worth and we have to stay optimistic !

Big hug for you @Pinkestlady :hug:

Pinkest lady, I too am a nurse and I am under a a lot of pressure to have at least applied for my visa before the 15th August as I will be 45, and thus, will lose the 15 points I need. I'm 4 wks into my skills assessment with ANMAC, but I'm using migration agents over there who have written a cover letter asking for a priority assessment due to my position. I heard back yesterday that one of my references had only years not months on my earlier yrs as a nurse therefore I had to go to HR yesterday for a statement of employment for that earlier period. ANMAC said this is all that's required as everything else is in order. I then wonder how long does it take to get an invite after you submit your EOI. I now need to go through the whole AHPRA application, which I have attempted to do several times but gave up. However, I went into the immi site and it says that if you go for a 190 visa for state sponsorship, you get your invitation straight away rather than waiting for rounds. We have sold our house and all of our eggs are in this basket but being up against time is worrying. I really hope you get your grant soon and I'm sending you a big cyber hug! Just remember why you are doing this and how worth it it will be x

Pinkest lady, I too am a nurse and I am under a a lot of pressure to have at least applied for my visa before the 15th August as I will be 45, and thus, will lose the 15 points I need. I'm 4 wks into my skills assessment with ANMAC, but I'm using migration agents over there who have written a cover letter asking for a priority assessment due to my position. I heard back yesterday that one of my references had only years not months on my earlier yrs as a nurse therefore I had to go to HR yesterday for a statement of employment for that earlier period. ANMAC said this is all that's required as everything else is in order. I then wonder how long does it take to get an invite after you submit your EOI. I now need to go through the whole AHPRA application, which I have attempted to do several times but gave up. However, I went into the immi site and it says that if you go for a 190 visa for state sponsorship, you get your invitation straight away rather than waiting for rounds. We have sold our house and all of our eggs are in this basket but being up against time is worrying. I really hope you get your grant soon and I'm sending you a big cyber hug! Just remember why you are doing this and how worth it it will be x

Wow carolann, you made me realise my problems are not as bad as the could be. You must be under so much pressure. Most of the pressure I am under is my own that I put on myself come to think of it. The invitation rounds are twice a month, the dates of which can be found on the Immi website. I got invited at the first round after I made my EOI. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the 190 VISA though. ANMAC were pretty punctual with me and I got my approval letter after 13 weeks, like the website says. Best of luck to you. X

@Pinkestlady here's one for you! :hug:

Just finished a worrying conversation with my OH. Seems like she is getting worried at the prospect of leaving here and possible money worries over in Oz. Still a long way off for us but a short conversation about Oz with someone who was hoping to go has now started her thinking!

I'm trying to be positive and forward thinking for the two of us but as we have three kids she is worrying about short/long term financial issues. I keep saying we'll both get jobs and things will be fine but it isn't sinking in.

Oh well!

Ahh macca I knew I could count on you! I'm sure you are very worried, can I ask what work you both do and where you are hoping to move to? From what I can gather (prepares to be shot down by the naye Sayers) the work is there for those willing to do it, like the UK I suppose. I am fully expecting to have to wait tables or work behind a bar for the first few weeks if I don't get a job before I leave, so is my husband. I actually think it will be a nice respite from nursing and a bit of fun. We have got the very lucky bonus that we can stay with my sister and brother in law (getting years worth of missed cuddles from my niece and nephew) for as long as we need. Sounds like you guys could maybe do with a recce trip? X

I could really do with a big virtual hug right now. Being the one who sorts everything out in my marriage, bills, money savings etc, it seems The only person who seems to understand what I'm going through right now is the one person I am hurting most by emigrating, my lovely mum. I started the feb 189 applicants thread and seem to be one of the last to be waiting for a visa grant. Anyone else just sick of living in limbo? Having done the majority of the hard work myself it really pains me to have to depend on incompetent people to provide the further documentation requested by immi and AHPRA. I'm finding to hard to keep my cool and have had a couple of teary outbursts today. I don't seem to be getting any advice on the nursing thread, so I'm just reaching out for a bit of moral support to keep going. Thanks for reading!

Keep your chin up Pinkestlady! It'll happen and when it does you will savor the sweetness even that much more! The waiting sucks because your whole life is in limbo :( but it won't last forever. It won't be long now so find something positive to focus on 1- you're smart 2- you're educated 3- you've got the points 4- hey, if they let me in..... they'll definitely be inviting you!!!

Good luck to you, we'll be crossing our fingers for you!

(Our agent said that the list of occupations is re-visited each year also and there may be a chance that Accountants won't be on the list next time!! Don't know what we will do then.......... aaagh)

In this case what is going to happen?

we can proceed in the same way...because we applied before rules changed..?

or do we need to try everything again?

Feeling frustrated! After finally getting to speak to a CO today I thought I might get the 'golden email' following shortly but instead the CO, who was very nice and courteous, explained that the limits were close and she could not give an indication as to how long the process would now take. I received an email from her to this effect, too.

The wait goes on!

That the quota for the number of GSM visas that can be granted this financial year has almost been reached and that once this has been hit, we will need to wait until July for the next years quota!

You are right mate !!

Just now called GSM - Adelaide office and got update that my visa application is still under process and probably I will hear back at the earliest in July as GSM quota is almost reached...

Looks like long wait for all of us now !!!

Need to focus on something else in coming few months and stay positive ............................

Hi Guys... I have spoken with my migration agent who we are going through the process with and she has explained that it is only the 450 and 190 visas that have a quota limit, not the 189 visa! So all those in this thread who have applied on the 189 visa should be absolutely fine and won't find a delay for that reason! xxx

That's strange LindsG, others who have applied for 189 have spoken directly to the DIBP and they say different. fingers crossed your agent is correct because I have just uploaded to last of the additional information they requested to our account so will be back to checking my emails every hour overnight again. Lol

Hi Guys... I have spoken with my migration agent who we are going through the process with and she has explained that it is only the 450 and 190 visas that have a quota limit, not the 189 visa! So all those in this thread who have applied on the 189 visa should be absolutely fine and won't find a delay for that reason! xxx

For the 2014-2015 Program Year, 43,990 189 visas are available. This number is evidently close to being reached. The counter resets on 1 July.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Any idea about 261312 (Developer Programmer).. whether ceiling for (Developer Programmer - 261312) is already reached or not ?

Could not find any update regarding this profession on any site so appreciate if anyone can help me with this..

Any idea about 261312 (Developer Programmer).. whether ceiling for (Developer Programmer - 261312) is already reached or not ?

Could not find any update regarding this profession on any site so appreciate if anyone can help me with this..

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx

As per web occupation ID 2613 (I guess you are in this group) has ceiling value 5005 and this is reached.

I think that this is regarding invitations so if you have received invitation you should be ok.

I know that this can be frustrating, as this is big unknown.

Yes that is a bit weird Pinkestlady... no wonder everyone gets confused with all the different information!! Maybe she just meant for the skills sector we're going under? Just had a look at that link above, and it does give the impression that they are not taking any more applicants, not that those who have already been invited to apply and got a CO will have to wait! It would make no sense, that after your CO had been assigned you would be made to wait at that point for a couple of months!

I could really do with a big virtual hug right now. Being the one who sorts everything out in my marriage, bills, money savings etc, it seems The only person who seems to understand what I'm going through right now is the one person I am hurting most by emigrating, my lovely mum. I started the feb 189 applicants thread and seem to be one of the last to be waiting for a visa grant. Anyone else just sick of living in limbo? Having done the majority of the hard work myself it really pains me to have to depend on incompetent people to provide the further documentation requested by immi and AHPRA. I'm finding to hard to keep my cool and have had a couple of teary outbursts today. I don't seem to be getting any advice on the nursing thread, so I'm just reaching out for a bit of moral support to keep going. Thanks for reading!

Your timeline is fairly similar to mine. We are waiting for our 489 Visa. Im the one pushing everything through :( I had my AHPRA granted yesterday, I was over the moon and was fortunate for it to be plain sailing.

Our 489 was lodged (heading for Coffs Harbour, NSW) on the 31/12/14 and we are still waiting, we have a migration agent and I asked them last week if they thought we should chase, she used to work for DIBP and she said its highly recommended at this stage to not harass them (although if it was down to me I would !!) Im gonna leave it another 2 weeks and then ask them to drop them a line.

Hope you hear something soon x

I just had little desperate look at my application on the immi account, I case I had somehow missed that long awaited email. I notice where before my status was showing as 'in progress' after getting a case officer, it now says, 'application received.' What's that about? Have I gone backwards?

Your timeline is fairly similar to mine. We are waiting for our 489 Visa. Im the one pushing everything through :( I had my AHPRA granted yesterday, I was over the moon and was fortunate for it to be plain sailing.

Our 489 was lodged (heading for Coffs Harbour, NSW) on the 31/12/14 and we are still waiting, we have a migration agent and I asked them last week if they thought we should chase, she used to work for DIBP and she said its highly recommended at this stage to not harass them (although if it was down to me I would !!) Im gonna leave it another 2 weeks and then ask them to drop them a line.

Hope you hear something soon x

Thanks cherries002. Can I ask when you applied to AHPRA? I hope I hear something from them soon. I applied for an ITU nursing post in Canberra yesterday. Closing date is tomorrow so I hope I hear something next week. Fingers crossed! So many things up in the air at the moment. Visa, ahpra, job, lol! X