189 visa lodged February 2015.

Pinkestlady

Hi All

I just got my grant so so happy

got email this morning looking for PCC for UK as my company was based there but I never lived there so I called IMMI and they said I didn't need one and that case officer would finalise application

two mins later i got email with the grant

Applied 27 Feb and then added second applicant 2 April

We both got the grants so so happy

congrats...Joachim...

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dreamboy,

I had an issue uploading using an iPad. I changed to a computer and things went ok. Just select the first blank cell and start to fill all your details in. Once finished just close the spreadsheet as the data will be automatically saved.

will it automatically update my lodged date in to May or will it stay on April?

Hi All

I just got my grant so so happy

got email this morning looking for PCC for UK as my company was based there but I never lived there so I called IMMI and they said I didn't need one and that the case officer would finalise application

two mins later i got email with the grant

Applied 27 Feb and then added second applicant 2 April

We both got the grants so so happy

Who did you call? I want to speak them directly myself but as I have been assigned co I have to e-mail!

I just rang the immi number n asked to speak to my Co but it was basically the operator putting me on hold going to co then back to me 2 mins later visa granted

drinking champers ere

I take it you called the Adelaide number. I tried to phone them again after reading your first post but they were finished for the day. Will need to wait until Monday now!!!!!

BTW congrats and I hope your hangover doesn't last that long! :wink:

Woohoo! Case officer assigned! Form 80 requested for both of us and military details for my hubby. Omg just looked at firm 80, how can anyone get all that information??! I feel sick just reading it.

I remember when I looked at form 80 to fill it out in advance. 'Bout had a flippin' heart attack. Got through it though and it wasn't too bad. Glad to hear you have a CO and you're on a roll.

Good luck shelz! I see you're a nurse too! What is your speciality and where are you headed? I work in ITU at the moment and hope to do so again in Canberra. :-)

Hi Pinkestlady :-),

I work in the community, school nurse/public health, youth health, safeguarding and nurse for young offenders/vulnerable individuals/families - a few roles in one lol - NHS defo getting value for money lol x Hoping to get a position as a community health nurse and we are heading to Perth. I'm pleased to hear you have been allocated a case officier - you must be so excited :-)

When are you thinking of flying out?

I'm waiting for CO now, think i have uploaded the the necessary documents - fingers crossed!

Hi All:

I have being following with interest the journey you fellow February 2015 - 189 applicants have been on....

I wanted to share my experience with you; and I have a question J

I applied for the 189 visa on February 16th, , I front end loaded all the documents including the Medical and the PCC. (I am an onshore applicant)

I had the opportunity for a really great promotion in work however one of the criteria was that I had to be a Permanent resident the company I work with gave me until Friday 17th April (60 days from application) which I knew would be close but I was hopeful watching all you guys receiving direct grants etc. some in as little as 49 days!

With time running out for me with the promotion I called the GSM office in Adelaide on Thursday 16th April; I was on hold for 62 min’s when I eventually got to talk to someone it was a really pleasant girl who told me that my application had been allocated and now it was just a matter of waiting.

So with baited breath I sat around hoping and praying that April Friday 17th would be the day I received that golden email, alas no such luck – the job slipped through my fingers..

On a more positive note; I have lived here in Perth, WA for the last 3 years, me and my wife moved over from Ireland on an employer sponsored visa. Perth is an amazing place to live, the lifestyle is brilliant and the work opportunities here are things I could have never dreamed about back in Ireland.

My quick question is - my status has changed to - “Assessment in Progress” – does anyone know what this means? Is this an indication that a CO has been assigned?

Well done to everyone who has received their PR – you will love Australia!

Hi Pinkestlady :-),

I work in the community, school nurse/public health, youth health, safeguarding and nurse for young offenders/vulnerable individuals/families - a few roles in one lol - NHS defo getting value for money lol x Hoping to get a position as a community health nurse and we are heading to Perth. I'm pleased to hear you have been allocated a case officier - you must be so excited :-)

When are you thinking of flying out?

I'm waiting for CO now, think i have uploaded the the necessary documents - fingers crossed!

Oh yes sooo excited! And a little daunted. Still lots to do and in perfect timing my husband has been offered voluntary redundancy so he will have the time and the money to finish all the odd jobs. If we get our grant in the next couple of weeks we hope to fly out in June. Inp need to work a months notice and then I'd like a couple of weeks with my parents before we go. You're not far off now you aw I'll hopefully hear something in the next couple of weeks! Fingers crossed !

Oh yes sooo excited! And a little daunted. Still lots to do and in perfect timing my husband has been offered voluntary redundancy so he will have the time and the money to finish all the odd jobs. If we get our grant in the next couple of weeks we hope to fly out in June. Inp need to work a months notice and then I'd like a couple of weeks with my parents before we go. You're not far off now you aw I'll hopefully hear something in the next couple of weeks! Fingers crossed !

What is it they say about silver linings? It seems as if you have already planned out your OH's time before you leave! LOL! I have heard those words "odd jobs" before! Hoping for him they are wee odd jobs.

BTW I partially completed form 80 just in case but have not been asked for it. It is long but take your time and it is straightforward to complete - just tedious!

I hope you ladies find good jobs in nursing as you all do a wonderful job. I can safely say that as I married one - but unfortunately due to child commitments she hasn't practised since we settled in the UK!

Hello,

So had an email from a case officier this morning - but request for more information :-/ They asking for a subject access request as OH came back with 'no live trace' which we were expecting and declared on EOI from years ago.

Just looked and although only £10 - can take 40....yes 40 days from them recieving it to getting the required information!

Well at least they only requested one thing but thats a while to wait :-/

@shelz I think our's arrived in around 2 weeks, I know it can take longer but I think they just cover their backs. We applied for both just in case for OH as he has some minor charges from 10 years ago.

I didn't think they would ask for anything else as we had declared it - but i guess anyone could make anything up and not be the actual reason for the 'no live trace'.

I wish i would have thought to apply for it alongside the police checks.....

Good news that it might not take that long...fingers crossed. I guess i will need to sent it off asap.

Thanks for sharing :-)

There is a public holiday in Australia this weekend for ANZAC day. If we dont get some news tomorrow we may not hear anything until next Tuesday; hope I am wrong...

Heres hoping Day 66 is the lucky day for both of us Sandip :-)

Positive vibes.....

There is a public holiday in Australia this weekend for ANZAC day. If we dont get some news tomorrow we may not hear anything until next Tuesday; hope I am wrong...

Positive vibes.....

The holiday is Saturday - so shouldn't affect grants too much (unless there is an ACT or WA team) Fingers crossed to for hearing soon!

oh dear... it has to be tomorrow. everyday i keep repeating to myself that today is that "D day". having sleepless nights since last week so it will be great relief if we hear good news tomorrow.

cheers and fingers crossed !!!

don't worry you guys will receive the grant very soon...

Positive vibes.....

If it's too late just ring them and find out... some people got the grant just after they contacted immi, so try it out

I have called them twice to no avail. Even just to get clarification.

The first time I was told that I couldn't get help and that I had to wait for my CO to email back the clarification. Which I was told could take up to three months.

The second number I tried I waited in a countdown queue (which tells you your position and how long you have to wait) for about 25 mins and was told by the more affable person that she couldn't help me but would put me through to the right department. Dumped in an endless loop queue (no countdown) with no indication as to how long I had to wait. I gave up after a total of 75 minutes on the phone. Very frustrated to say the least but I needed to get sleep!

I know some people have got through but it seems to be your luck as to who is at the end of the line.

Hope you get through if you try!

i am still waiting for an email answer one week on. Maybe I am unrealistic but it is a simple query!

The holiday is Saturday - so shouldn't affect grants too much (unless there is an ACT or WA team) Fingers crossed to for hearing soon!

That’s absolutely right Liseylooau! I forgot it’s only a public holiday in WA and the ACT; hopefully the good people in the GSM departments in Brisbane and Melbourne will be at their desks diligently approving 189 visas for us bright and early Monday morning :)

Dreamboy - I called them twice once last week and once this week, both times I was on hold for in excess of an 70mins, when I eventually got to speak to someone they were really nice and helpful but they just said you have to wait….

Fingers crossed we get some Grants today :)