189 visa lodged February 2015.

Pinkestlady

It is good to see everyone is getting to hear the good news. :-)

I'm really pleased for all of you and hope that soon I'll be able crack a bottle of something bubbly...

I've just sent off my police check. Sadly my first application had gone walkies and wasn't received which is slightly irritating and caused me some fun, canceling bits and warning my bank, etc.

So now its all a waiting game.

I'm not nervous in anyway, much, often, frequently....

Greg

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Day 74 for me...and into the month of May!

Its a beautiful sunny day here in Perth, its Friday, all I need to start off a brilliant wekeend is THAT golden email! too much to ask :)

Positive vibes for all those waiting on that grant, I saw on the tracker there were lots of approvals yesterday , hoping today is the same!

How's everyone getting on? I've still heard nothing since uploading my one extra document on 16 April. With hindsight I wish I'd uploaded everything well in advance of being allocated a CO. I'm already in Australia, but want to start looking for another job as soon as the grant (hopefully) comes through. Can't come soon enough now!

How's everyone getting on? I've still heard nothing since uploading my one extra document on 16 April. With hindsight I wish I'd uploaded everything well in advance of being allocated a CO. I'm already in Australia, but want to start looking for another job as soon as the grant (hopefully) comes through. Can't come soon enough now!
Have you tried calling the team? I've read of cases of getting grants quickly when people do this.

Have you tried calling the team? I've read of cases of getting grants quickly when people do this.

Not as yet. I'm using a MA who had advised that I should wait as it's not unusual for it to take a few weeks. Guess it can't hurt, assuming they will speak to me directly.

Well guys, I got my email on Sunday, I've been granted my visa. :-)

I'm so happy right now its untrue.

Sadly I've been working so haven't had time to celebrate yet.

Greg

That's awesome news Greg !! Congratualations..

Wonder how come you got email on Sunday :-) can you share other details such as when you submitted application, CO assigned etc please ?

Thanks Sandip,

I got my email from my migration agent on the Sunday, the Visa was granted on the previous Friday.

I can,

I first kicked off the process in 2013, where I got my skills assessed as an Engineering Technologist on 18/02/13

I then Started doing ILETs tests, as at the time I hadn't been in my job role long enough to get the extra 5 points for experience and thus required a Level 8 on the ILETs to make up the difference. Sadly I kept getting 7.5 on the written part. So, I spoke with my agent and we agreed to postponed my application until I had the required points through work experience.

I finally hit that mark September last year, but due to personal reasons I waited until January this year before kicking it all off again.

From there;

Uploaded to Skills Select at the start of Feb (I don't know the exact date as my agent did that for me).

Called forward to apply on 23/02/15

Lodged on: 25/02/15

Medical: 13/03/15

CO assigned: 13/04/15

Police Check submitted (after one application getting lost in the post): 01/05/15

Granted: 01/05/15

So that is my process in a nut shell.

I hope you hear back soon.

Greg

Edited by greggy

Congratulations Greggy, brilliant news!!

We have now submitted everything that the CO wanted (Medical and Police check) so just waiting now!

Has anyone experienced a quick turn round from when the extra info was submitted or have you all had to wait a bit?

xxx

Congratulations Greggy, brilliant news!!

We have now submitted everything that the CO wanted (Medical and Police check) so just waiting now!

Has anyone experienced a quick turn round from when the extra info was submitted or have you all had to wait a bit?

xxx

Hello! I've been waiting 3 weeks, but some people seemed to get a grant within days of uploading all extra information. Must be pot luck depending on when one of the COs gets round to reviewing it all again. Guess it's just a case of waiting it out and seeing what happens, it's frustrating - so close, yet so far!

Edited by HarveySpecter

Thanks Sandip,

I got my email from my migration agent on the Sunday, the Visa was granted on the previous Friday.

I can,

I first kicked off the process in 2013, where I got my skills assessed as an Engineering Technologist on 18/02/13

I then Started doing ILETs tests, as at the time I hadn't been in my job role long enough to get the extra 5 points for experience and thus required a Level 8 on the ILETs to make up the difference. Sadly I kept getting 7.5 on the written part. So, I spoke with my agent and we agreed to postponed my application until I had the required points through work experience.

I finally hit that mark September last year, but due to personal reasons I waited until January this year before kicking it all off again.

From there;

Uploaded to Skills Select at the start of Feb (I don't know the exact date as my agent did that for me).

Called forward to apply on 23/02/15

Lodged on: 25/02/15

Medical: 13/03/15

CO assigned: 13/04/15

Police Check submitted (after one application getting lost in the post): 01/05/15

Granted: 01/05/15

So that is my process in a nut shell.

I hope you hear back soon.

Greg

Thanks Greg for detailed reply... yours is long process indeed..

I am awaiting CO to review additional info submitted exactly a week back . Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Sandip

Hi all,

Today, on 7th day post submitting additional details, I got email stating additional documents are added to my file.. Nothing mentioned about next steps :-(

Any idea - how long they will take to grant visa or revert back for any additional info? Is it again 7 working days waiting period for CO to revert back??

Regards,

Sandip

Hi all,

Today, on 7th day post submitting additional details, I got email stating additional documents are added to my file.. Nothing mentioned about next steps :-(

Any idea - how long they will take to grant visa or revert back for any additional info? Is it again 7 working days waiting period for CO to revert back??

Regards,

Sandip

I could be wrong, but i don't think it's linked to the 7 day response time. It depends on when someone in the team is able

to review the application.

Agree and share the pain of waiting.. I have shared additional info on 28th April and awaiting eagerly grant mail...

Believe that things will take time and we will receive that goldern email of visa grant sometime this month.

I have set target to get visa by end of this month.. Need to remain positive and optimistic. :-)

Agree and share the pain of waiting.. I have shared additional info on 28th April and awaiting eagerly grant mail...

Believe that things will take time and we will receive that goldern email of visa grant sometime this month.

I have set target to get visa by end of this month.. Need to remain positive and optimistic. :-)

Definately remain postive - we still waiting for additional documents to come through yet - was told upto 40 days we on day 21 now

:-/ just want it so it can be uploaded then at least I can put in job applications that we actually have a PR visa!

Fingers crossed for everyone x

Definately remain postive - we still waiting for additional documents to come through yet - was told upto 40 days we on day 21 now

:-/ just want it so it can be uploaded then at least I can put in job applications that we actually have a PR visa!

Fingers crossed for everyone x

We are in the exact same position as you Shelz! Waiting for my husbands service history to come from the military records dept. we are told it should be here by the end of the week. I really hope they will review our case earlier than mid June like they said in reply to my informing them the service history could take 40 days. I am sooooooooo done with waiting and living in limbo.

I could really do with a big virtual hug right now. Being the one who sorts everything out in my marriage, bills, money savings etc, it seems The only person who seems to understand what I'm going through right now is the one person I am hurting most by emigrating, my lovely mum. I started the feb 189 applicants thread and seem to be one of the last to be waiting for a visa grant. Anyone else just sick of living in limbo? Having done the majority of the hard work myself it really pains me to have to depend on incompetent people to provide the further documentation requested by immi and AHPRA. I'm finding to hard to keep my cool and have had a couple of teary outbursts today. I don't seem to be getting any advice on the nursing thread, so I'm just reaching out for a bit of moral support to keep going. Thanks for reading!

I could really do with a big virtual hug right now. Being the one who sorts everything out in my marriage, bills, money savings etc, it seems The only person who seems to understand what I'm going through right now is the one person I am hurting most by emigrating, my lovely mum. I started the feb 189 applicants thread and seem to be one of the last to be waiting for a visa grant. Anyone else just sick of living in limbo? Having done the majority of the hard work myself it really pains me to have to depend on incompetent people to provide the further documentation requested by immi and AHPRA. I'm finding to hard to keep my cool and have had a couple of teary outbursts today. I don't seem to be getting any advice on the nursing thread, so I'm just reaching out for a bit of moral support to keep going. Thanks for reading!

I'm so sorry that your grant hasn't come yet, I've been keeping an eye on your application and keep hoping to see it go green on the tracker. Fingers crossed it comes soon and it'll all be worth it in the end xx

@Pinkestlady here's one for you! :hug:

Just finished a worrying conversation with my OH. Seems like she is getting worried at the prospect of leaving here and possible money worries over in Oz. Still a long way off for us but a short conversation about Oz with someone who was hoping to go has now started her thinking!

I'm trying to be positive and forward thinking for the two of us but as we have three kids she is worrying about short/long term financial issues. I keep saying we'll both get jobs and things will be fine but it isn't sinking in.

Oh well!