189 visa lodged February 2015.

Pinkestlady

Thank you! Yes I did receive an email with our visa grants. Totally unexpected as everyone was saying there were no visas left. To be fair my case officer did say she would review our case mid June and we never received a delay mail but I just assumed they had all gone and we would hear till 1st of July. I am ecstatic!!!

Wonderful news!!! We r the same - no delay email and advised marked for review mid June - maybe it could be granted before 1st July going off ur brilliant news! I wonder if on the 1st july lots of people are granted???

I forgot have u a job lined up? X

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the waiting after everything has been submitted is the worst part! My agent has told me its now a waiting game but because i am relying on the information second hand its worse. I hope we dont have to wait too much longer.

I know exactly what you mean. The wait is driving me insane! I got a delay email last week, so it is a waiting game now. Its just frustrating to see that some applicants who applied in April recently got grants, when we applied in February...

Hello February gang! WE GOT OUR VISA GRANTED!!!

Thanks for everyone's help, we couldn't have done it without this website and all the fantastically helpful people here. :wink:

Congratulations! Thats fatastic news! :-) Where are you heading?

We are still waiting ...i feel like sending an email to ask.....but then i think should i wait a little longer till the 1st July...arrrghh....wait is driving me insane....still waiting to hear back from interview too.... and still no requests for viewing for our house which is up for sale....nothing happening :-(

rant over - deep breaths.....and breathe...

Congratulations! Thats fatastic news! :-) Where are you heading?

We are still waiting ...i feel like sending an email to ask.....but then i think should i wait a little longer till the 1st July...arrrghh....wait is driving me insane....still waiting to hear back from interview too.... and still no requests for viewing for our house which is up for sale....nothing happening :-(

rant over - deep breaths.....and breathe...

Hey Shelz it looks like we lodged a couple of days apart and I'm still waiting too. Fingers crossed we get a grant soon :) I'm already in Australia, but grant can't come soon enough for a couple of reasons! Good luck with interviews and house viewings! HS

Hey Shelz it looks like we lodged a couple of days apart and I'm still waiting too. Fingers crossed we get a grant soon :) I'm already in Australia, but grant can't come soon enough for a couple of reasons! Good luck with interviews and house viewings! HS

Thank you HarveySpecter :-)

I keep thinking should i wait until the 1st July till I try to chase them up...with reports that they are not issuing any more visa's until then - I will try to be patient a little while longer.

Sick of keep checking my emails....becoming a little addictive now but not very productive!

Must be great already settled over in Oz...can't even try to book a holiday stay until we have the visa - just incase its a no :-/

Hello February gang! WE GOT OUR VISA GRANTED!!!

Thanks for everyone's help, we couldn't have done it without this website and all the fantastically helpful people here. :wink:

@teachingcouple I too am a teacher and part of the February gang and was just wondering if you contacted the immigration department to ask about your visa or did they e-mail you with your grant out of the blue? Just getting a little frustrated waiting!!

@Pinkestlady I haven't been on for a while and just noticed your post, CONGRATULATIONS! You guys must be ecstatic! :wink:

We are Macca!! And also very nervous, it all just got very real! Lots to do now! Managed to get my last sportive for a while with my dad in yesterday 'the etape Eryri' was a great day with family, makes me really hold on to all my memories for this next few weeks.

I am currently doing a Permanent Partner 309 Visa, we were advised it would be around 9-14months, we are currently 5months in, a couple questions for my partner to prove she hasn't taken UK citizenship in the 20yrs she been here, I haven't been contacted for a Police or Medical checks as of yet?

Thank you HarveySpecter :-)

I keep thinking should i wait until the 1st July till I try to chase them up...with reports that they are not issuing any more visa's until then - I will try to be patient a little while longer.

Sick of keep checking my emails....becoming a little addictive now but not very productive!

Must be great already settled over in Oz...can't even try to book a holiday stay until we have the visa - just incase its a no :-/

I know what you mean about checking emails! Its easy to get a bit obsessed. I didn't realise this process would be so frustrating and stressful. I'm sort of resigning myself to the idea that I could be another few weeks still - even if grants kick off 1 July, I'm guessing there must be a bit of a backlog of applications. Hopefully it will all be over soon :)

PS - I'm sure it won't be a 'no' for you, but I know what you mean about not being able to book anything until you know for sure.

No email todday :-/

Finally got through to Brisbane office 10 minutes ago and spoke with a case officier who has reviewed our requested information - he says it is all okay and that he will send me an email today - hopefully with grant!!! Now i definately will be checking email every 10 minutes!!!

Finally got through to Brisbane office 10 minutes ago and spoke with a case officier who has reviewed our requested information - he says it is all okay and that he will send me an email today - hopefully with grant!!! Now i definately will be checking email every 10 minutes!!!

That's great! Jut a bit frustrating you have to call and chase to get progress. I'll try the same. Were you on hold for long?

That's great! Jut a bit frustrating you have to call and chase to get progress. I'll try the same. Were you on hold for long?

Hi,

I was ringing every 10 minutes for 40 minutes - the first 5 attempts it gave me a automated message they were busy and to try again later. Then I rung and it rang! Just had grants land in my email!!! Can't believe it after over 2 years of going through this whole process we finally have the visas!!!!:smile::smile::smile:

Big sigh of relief!....

Hi,

I was ringing every 10 minutes for 40 minutes - the first 5 attempts it gave me a automated message they were busy and to try again later. Then I rung and it rang! Just had grants land in my email!!! Can't believe it after over 2 years of going through this whole process we finally have the visas!!!!:smile::smile::smile:

Big sigh of relief!....

Wow........ Heartiest Congratulations !!!

Will ring them tomorrow and try my luck :-)

Hi,

Big sigh of relief!....

Congratulations! Must be an amazing relief :) I'll try my luck tomorrow. Do the Adelaide teams have a different phone no?

Congratulations! Must be an amazing relief :) I'll try my luck tomorrow. Do the Adelaide teams have a different phone no?

Tried calling but there is now an automated message saying please refrain from contacting them if you have received an email saying that processing times will be longer due to the planning levels for 2014/2015. They are aiming to work through these applications in the next 4 weeks. Also said if you haven't heard anything by 1 August to email them. So the wait continues :(

Hurray ................ Got 3 golden mails of Visa Grant today morning !!!!

What a relief !! Still don't believe this... it has been long journey since last August..

Thanks all for support and advise.. special thanks to Shelz for advise of calling... I called up 4-5 times today morning.. Heard automated message followed by busy message 4 times before successfully reaching CO post automated message on my 5th attempt..

On cloud nine now .... Cheers and all the best to all !!!