189 visa lodged February 2015.

Pinkestlady

Hurray ................ Got 3 golden mails of Visa Grant today morning !!!!

What a relief !! Still don't believe this... it has been long journey since last August..

Thanks all for support and advise.. special thanks to Shelz for advise of calling... I called up 4-5 times today morning.. Heard automated message followed by busy message 4 times before successfully reaching CO post automated message on my 5th attempt..

On cloud nine now .... Cheers and all the best to all !!!

Congratulations! Were they annoyed you contacted them?

Looks like I'll need to give it another go. I'm on holiday at the moment and it's the least relaxing holiday I've ever had!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations! Were they annoyed you contacted them?

Looks like I'll need to give it another go. I'm on holiday at the moment and it's the least relaxing holiday I've ever had!

Nope.. In fact lady on the call was very courteous..

Best luck !!

Hi guys,

anyone from the February gang still waiting?!!!

im trying sooooo hard to be patient and calm... But would be nice to know we not alone!!

i have such butterflies now it's been nrly 5 months ?

I think most of the Feb lodged guys now have visas, but I'm still waiting as well - you aren't alone!

@Southchick I'm still waiting, too. But I plan to phone as that seems to be the quickest way to get the sought after response. Hope you hear soon and @HarveySpecter, too!

Hi guys,

anyone from the February gang still waiting?!!!

im trying sooooo hard to be patient and calm... But would be nice to know we not alone!!

i have such butterflies now it's been nrly 5 months

Visa granted today! So happy - what a relief!

Called DIBP up this morning (had to try about 20 times). Spoke to someone who said that my visa was in the queue and would hopefully be processed shortly. Didn't fill me with hope, but half an hour later I noticed my Immi Account had been changed to "finalised".

YA DANCER! That's Scottish for "we have just been granted our visas"!! Got through on the stroke of nine am Brisbane time and spoke to a lovely CO who took the time to check everything on the phone and as she said I have granted your visas I could hear the emails arriving in my in box. If calling I recommend bang on nine am Brisbane time! That's the second time I have spoken to someone there and the are really courteous and helpful! Good luck to those still waiting!

Got to sell my house now!

Congrats Linda..... Huge congrats... I can only imagine how you are feeling! Still no bloomin grant here.... Am I the last one?!!!

starting to feel a little bit low and I am trying my best to be positive!.... Ok, pulled myself together. A lot of wine being consumed in my house at the moment! Got to be soon for us... Good luck to anyone that is still waiting February gang x

Massive congrats Macca10!! And everyone else who have had their grants. It's an amazing feeling isn't it? So much to do now though guys! It was my last shift on intensive care the day before yesterday, we fly on the 2nd of August and are currently desperately trying to get our house ready for rental as soon as possible so we can have as much family time as possible. My goodness it's stressful! All be worth it in the end!!

@Pinkestlady thanks for your message! We have lots to do too and with three kids are planning to hopefully move by the end of the year. House to sell and job to quit or if possible take a career break just in case things don't work out. But to be honest once I go I don't want to return. Just need to get a job sorted in OZ now. Where are you planning to go? We are looking at either Sydney ( expensive I know) or Adelaide. Whichever comes up trumps first, I guess!

So pleased to hear most people have their grants now - we have just provisionally booked our holiday home which is great! Family haven't been particularly encouraging so have been a little emotional since getting the grant - but trying not to feel gulity about moving to Oz.

Next on the list is to get the house sold!

@Pinkestlady thanks for your message! We have lots to do too and with three kids are planning to hopefully move by the end of the year. House to sell and job to quit or if possible take a career break just in case things don't work out. But to be honest once I go I don't want to return. Just need to get a job sorted in OZ now. Where are you planning to go? We are looking at either Sydney ( expensive I know) or Adelaide. Whichever comes up trumps first, I guess![/quote

itll be here before you know it! We are off to Canberra. To live with my sister and her beautiful family for a few months, then will stay around there for a few years to make up for lost time. I've applied for a job in Canberra ITU and in A&E, hoping to hear this week or next if I have an interview or not. Fingers crossed!! Although I am looking forward to having a couple of months off!! I'm Even going to get my nails done (once I'm no longer covered in paint!) as a nurse, I haven't been able to get my nails done in ages!! I can't wait!

So pleased to hear most people have their grants now - we have just provisionally booked our holiday home which is great! Family haven't been particularly encouraging so have been a little emotional since getting the grant - but trying not to feel gulity about moving to Oz.

Next on the list is to get the house sold!

@shelz I fully expect my siblings and my wife's parents not to be supportive but this decision is for me and more importantly for a hopefully better life for my children! I am that age whereby if I don't go this year then I will loose too many points to get my visa and so will never know if it was for me!

For what it's worth, it's your life and we live by our own successes and failures! I wish you every success in Oz and remember your family are hurting that you are leaving them and so don't want you to go. But they are only a flight away and when I left Scotland to go to Japan in '93 my family (especially my mother who was losing her baby) were unhappy and happy at the same time. They visited me five times and had a ball each and every time just as I believe your family will.

All the best!

Congratulations all for grant!!

I am coming to terms with reality of job hunting now after celebrating visa grant..

Looks like post visa grant journey is as challenging and eventful as it was earlier.. I have resigned from my org and currently serving notice period.. Will be heading to Sydney mid September alone for job search . Till that time trying my luck of getting job from India using all social networking skills.. A bit tough though !

Again congrats and all the best to all for post visa grant journey...