189 visa lodged February 2015.

Pinkestlady

Looks like we got no other option... I read on IMMI site that SLA for visa grant is 3 months so they got all rights to ask us to wait if 3 months are not yet over :-(

just need to be more patient and hold the nerves, which is easier to say than follow at the moment :-) anyway, need to be positive and divert mind to something else.....

on other note - can someone share phone number which you dialed to enquire about VISA progress please?

Edited by Sandip

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, just now received mail from CO requesting to send PTE Academic Score through PTE site and evidence of overseas employement (which I haven't claimed)....

Glad that things have moved after long time... Will send all details requeted by CO today itself..

Best luck to all waiting to hear from CO or direct grant !!

Cheers :-)

Guys, just now received mail from CO requesting to send PTE Academic Score through PTE site and evidence of overseas employement (which I haven't claimed)....

Glad that things have moved after long time... Will send all details requeted by CO today itself..

Best luck to all waiting to hear from CO or direct grant !!

Cheers :-)

Thats Great news Sandip I knew today would be lucky for one of us!

No news for me today so I am up to day 67.......

Hoping tomorrow can be lucky Friday....

Hi Everyone... Just received first contact from CO requesting medicals and police checks so off to get these booked now!

Very exciting day!! Does anyone know whether once these are looked at immediately or whether you get put back on a wait list??

xxxx

Urgent advice request!! Have finally got all the info for form 80 and got them all filled in. Was about to upload it to my immi account when I re-read the email they sent me. It said I should respond with the requested information in writing, using the contact information at the bottom of the email. Does this mean I have to send a hard copy in the post, or email it, or what? Really don't want to cock it up at this point. Or will an email saying I have uploaded the form 80 to my immi account be sufficient? Help please, I really wanted to get this in before the end of the week.

Urgent advice request!! Have finally got all the info for form 80 and got them all filled in. Was about to upload it to my immi account when I re-read the email they sent me. It said I should respond with the requested information in writing, using the contact information at the bottom of the email. Does this mean I have to send a hard copy in the post, or email it, or what? Really don't want to cock it up at this point. Or will an email saying I have uploaded the form 80 to my immi account be sufficient? Help please, I really wanted to get this in before the end of the week.

Hey,

Purely speculation on my part here but I would upload it on your immi account and then email the CO to let him know that it's done. I imagine that would be sufficient and that's what I would do in your shoes.

Good luck, it sounds like you're moving right along!

Great thanks doctdavis. I panicked and emailed them asking what to do, then thought I might as well upload them anyway as what harm can it do. They asked for hubby's military service record for the Ta's for the last 10 years too, but he was discharged 9 years ago and was out of action for the two years orevious to that as he had broken his back playing rugby. I have told the CO in an email as much but have informed them that we have requested the service record anyway and will take up to 28 days. God I hope they just give us the visa. I'm so tired of all this hoop jumping and waiting. I just want to know already!

Hi Everyone... Just received first contact from CO requesting medicals and police checks so off to get these booked now!

Very exciting day!! Does anyone know whether once these are looked at immediately or whether you get put back on a wait list??

xxxx

I'm guessing it is just a case of waiting until the CO is able to look at your application again. I sent across my UK Police check 9 days ago (2 days after it was requested by CO) and am yet to hear anything further. I had provided everything else before CO was allocated. Fingers crossed they look at it soon...

So I uploaded our forms 80. I emailed the CO to inform them and told them that we had requested hubby's service record from the military but that it could take up to 28 days to arrive. (We are expecting it much sooner) I also explained to them that as they had requested the service history of the last 10 years there wouldn't be much history as he was discharged 9 years ago and was out of action for two years previous to that as he broke his back playing rugby. I got a super prompt email back from the CO (very impressed how quick they were) saying that a specific time extension could not be made so they have marked our case for review again mid June!!!! Please tell me that if I upload the docs when they arrive, and email CO to inform them, they won't wait till mid June to look at them. We wanted to be leaving mid June not still waiting!

Hi all, just to let you know we received our visa grant last Wednesday!!!! Finally, its starting to feel real and now we can start the job hunting!

Good luck everyone, I hope the visas start coming thick and fast :-)

Congratulations - Sharyn 10!

Day 70 now for me and no contact yet...I was hoping for a Direct Grant as I uploaded all docs including medical and PCC.....starting to lose my mind :)

Hi all, just to let you know we received our visa grant last Wednesday!!!! Finally, its starting to feel real and now we can start the job hunting!

congratulation Sharyn10.. good luck with your job hunting....

Congrats mate.. lucky you :-)

best wishes for job search !!!

Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea whether any additional documents requested by CO such as Bank statements, Pay slips, Tax docs etc. need to be certified in writting as a true copy of original document?

Funny thing is all such documents are received as soft copy or e-statements so there is no distiction between original doc or xerox/scanned doc..

@GregW - mate, I know it's tough to be patient and keep waiting week after week.. however as someone has said - no news is good news.. probably you will get direct grant and that's why they are taking so long for your application.. be positive !!

Edited by Sandip

Congrats on the grant Sharyn!

Quick question - if you are asked for further info, do you get notified by email or do you need to log in to your account to check whether you have any messages? Thanks :)

Thanks!

I should think if they need more information, you would receive an e- mail to say you have some correspondence in your account and to log on into the immiaccount.

I'm only guessing thou sorry, as I didn't get asked for more information.

Best of luck

Congrats on the grant Sharyn!

Quick question - if you are asked for further info, do you get notified by email or do you need to log in to your account to check whether you have any messages? Thanks :)

@Atlas I was emailed by my CO a document which outlined the extra documents we needed to provide.

So I uploaded our forms 80. I emailed the CO to inform them and told them that we had requested hubby's service record from the military but that it could take up to 28 days to arrive. (We are expecting it much sooner) I also explained to them that as they had requested the service history of the last 10 years there wouldn't be much history as he was discharged 9 years ago and was out of action for two years previous to that as he broke his back playing rugby. I got a super prompt email back from the CO (very impressed how quick they were) saying that a specific time extension could not be made so they have marked our case for review again mid June!!!! Please tell me that if I upload the docs when they arrive, and email CO to inform them, they won't wait till mid June to look at them. We wanted to be leaving mid June not still waiting!

I hope that you don't have to wait that long and that your grant comes as soon as you provide the documentation. I have informed them that our police checks from Japan can take up to two months but am still to hear back from CO - just emailed last night! I will let you know what they say to me too.

My wife also has to now do an English test to prove her functional English despite working as a care assistant for the past two and a half years and having studied for the necessary qualification, in English! Frustrating but they have their standards, I guess. Her test is on Thursday - hope she gets the results we need!

Thanks Macca! I'm crossing everything! I had to do IELTS language exam too, for my skills assessment despite being English born and doing a degree and all education through medium of English. Bit of a money maker I reckon! Best of luck to your wife. Tell her to study hard, because it's harder than you think. Do all the available online practice material. Look forward to hearing how you're progressing.

Oh Macca10 don't forget it was Anzac Day bank holiday today so they won't have been in work. Hence no visas granted overnight! I hope you hear something tonight!

@Pinkestlady Forgot about that. They must be nursing their hangovers - I know that my friend in Sydney is!!!

I have also done the IELTS - Academic too for my skills assessment for my teaching certificate. So, I have been trying to impart my knowledge on my wife. The good thing is that she is doing the General test and only needs 4.5 average to prove functional English and on the practices she is doing ok! We too have everything crossed!

Remember, positive thoughts only!

I'm guessing it is just a case of waiting until the CO is able to look at your application again. I sent across my UK Police check 9 days ago (2 days after it was requested by CO) and am yet to hear anything further. I had provided everything else before CO was allocated. Fingers crossed they look at it soon...

Did you CO look at it yet? I sent my additional things on 20th and checking emails daily :-//