189 Visa Lodged January 2015

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have a case officer though don't you Benj10980? Thought I saw that on prior post, but not showing on the tracker. I am still awaiting CO. Driving my husband mad - cos I keep logging into IMMI to see if we have anything yet- and he gets the email notifications everytime. Have offered to log directly into his emails if he gave me the password, but he didn't seem to like that!

Can't be long now...

You have a case officer though don't you Benj10980? Thought I saw that on prior post, but not showing on the tracker. I am still awaiting CO. Driving my husband mad - cos I keep logging into IMMI to see if we have anything yet- and he gets the email notifications everytime. Have offered to log directly into his emails if he gave me the password, but he didn't seem to like that!

Hi Wallse,

You can change this configuration. On the top left there is a link to "manage Account", click there, then you have to go to the "alert Preferences" tab. You will be able to change the alerts configuration. Just tick the successful login off. That's it.. Cheers

Edited by RonieOZ2015

Thanks RonieOz2015. Was worried about changing email address of correspondance for the application from primary applicant email address (ie - my husband's) - but have done as you suggested and it looks like it just alerts you when their is a change of status or correspondance. Actually did it in the IMMI login page under My Preferences, manage application alert preferences accidentally - but think does the same thing (ie - automatically applies to the live application). Having done this, and then gone into the application again - it looks like his email is still the main correspondance email - so you may have just saved my marriage....

Yes I do. I am going through an agent, so I don't need to check early morning, I wait for missed calls on my way to work!

I've updated the tracker!

Edited by benj1980

I think it's time for me to book my medical and get PC done. I was always told to wait till asked for them but it seems like most peoe getting direct grant when front loading. What have other people done as I'm not sure what to do for best.

Thanks

I think it's time for me to book my medical and get PC done. I was always told to wait till asked for them but it seems like most peoe getting direct grant when front loading. What have other people done as I'm not sure what to do for best.

Thanks

There's no reason not to do it now to be fair. it won't speed anything up now; but it will stop them from holding you up later. that way when they're needed they're ready to go.

I did it the day after paying and submitted them :)

There's no reason not to do it now to be fair. it won't speed anything up now; but it will stop them from holding you up later. that way when they're needed they're ready to go.

I did it the day after paying and submitted them :)

Only down side is that your 12 month validation period once the visa is granted will be back dated to start from the date of either medical or Police check, which ever is sooner. If you were planning on 12 months from date of grant then it may be better to hold off. If you are looking to go asap after the visa grant then it wont hurt doing them now. (if that makes sense)

Yippee we finally got our grant this morning!!!

Congratulations! Mine came through yesterday (the 11th). Much relief all round!

Never did get a notice that I'd had a case officer assigned, just an email telling me that my EOI had been deleted (because it's now redundant), and a second email containing a copy of the visa itself.

So that's it... all my worries are over!

<starts worrying about organising the move>

Wow that is soon. We are going to Brisbane in June but so much to organise. Feel like I am not going to have a free second between now and then. Also made worse by the fact that phone calls to Australia have to be made in the middle of the night! That said I absolutely can't wait to board the plane :-)

Dear All,

Good day. I have applied under 189 subclass visa on 4th Dec, made all payment and completed uploading all docs within 22th of Dec, 2014. Australian embassy in my country already started inquiring about me based on my submitted information. But still now I am not notified about assignment of any case officer. I do not understand whether I am assigned any case officer or not. Can anyone inform me what should I do?

Thank you .

Rahat