189 Visa Lodged January 2015

ARGH. got an email from my CO - but because I mentioned that I'm engaged, I need to provide a copy of the Mrs' passport to prove that she is an aus citizen I guess to proove that she's not a defacto / dependent waiting to get an easy visa etc.

but at least it's all they want :D I'm a little annoyed that they say 'if urgent, contact us on the details below' and then don't provide a phone number lol. Have been on hold for 40 minutes.....

edit: is there a non-general mailbox or contact number? I've uploaded the copy and got a response saying that they'll reply in 7 days :/

Edited by saff

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry to double post but another question - have just been told on the phone that they won't even look at it again for 28days now.. Does anyone know if that is strictly speaking (ie they won't even look at it again as soon as they find something missing?) or is it a case of worst case senario like the 3 months?

Edited by saff

Has anyone been able to edit the new tracker link?!? I am trying to - as need to change it - I got our direct visa grant emails about 30 mins ago!!! 74 days exactly! Adelaide Team 2. Overjoyed, now I can send my email to my employers setting out my demands to keep me (already drafted this morning!). Good luck everyone, hope your wait won't be as long as mine! And if anyone does have any luck with editing it - can you let me know how.....:chatterbox::wink:

Congratulations!

How long have most people waited from uploading PC and completing medicals to receiving visa grant. Got my medicals on Monday, got Aussie PC just waiting on British.

I also think hunk I have been given a case office team and not a set person yet does that make a difference or is there a chance they could still want more info after medicals.

Thanks.

Hi,

at at what point do you go for your medical and police checks? Do you get your visa pending positive results from the aforementioned?

cheers.

depends on your situation. You don't have to wait for them to ask for them - if you're onshore then do it asap so you can submit and then the info is all there when the CO picks up your file and you don't have to wait..

How long have most people waited from uploading PC and completing medicals to receiving visa grant. Got my medicals on Monday, got Aussie PC just waiting on British.

I also think hunk I have been given a case office team and not a set person yet does that make a difference or is there a chance they could still want more info after medicals.

Thanks.

Uploading PC and medicals doesn't really have a baring on the decision coming around time wise - unless you've already been asked for them. I uploaded mine early which meant they didn't have to approach me for the info. If the CO asks then you have 28 days to provide them (but can ask for extensions) but as I found as soon as they have everything it doesn't necesarily take long. If you haven't been asked for them yet then you're in the general processing timeline. if that makes sense not sure I put it across too well..

Wow Saff! Congratulations - on the PR and new job! Fantastic news. Hope you had as good a night as I did last night! At least I know now that you won't be coming after me for releasing the tracker (that no longer works!)

and for the triple post - PR Granted and new job accepted!! my GOD they stressed me out :D thanks for putting up with my whinging and good luck to all

Hi all

I have applied for 189 and now its closer to 3 months with no response from immi.

called immi few times and had the same response (application in the queue-no Co allocated yet).

Send emails and got a reply saying; no CO allocated and not to call/email them in vain

Great if forum members can share their thoughts as I am worried about the delay since the current visa processing times

are about 60 days as I have noticed.

Visa lodgment: 07/Jan/2015

Job code: Management Accountant

Points score: 65

Applicants: Me, spouse and kid (spouse skills-points claimed in the same job code)

country of origin: Sri Lanka (offshore)

PCC & meds: PCC. Meds Form 80 front loaded

Hi people. Just got an invite Yesterdat Just wanna ask if i can still use my medical, fbi and police check that i used to comply for my graduate visa? i applied for it june last year. As i have read, they are valid for a year, right?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

Hi people. Just got an invite Yesterdat Just wanna ask if i can still use my medical, fbi and police check that i used to comply for my graduate visa? i applied for it june last year. As i have read, they are valid for a year, right?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

Yes you will be fine as long as the fbi and police check is dated june. Medical you dont need to do anything, they will automatically add it to your application as long as you are using the same immi account.

I know this because i did a medical last year to extend my student visa, and it was automatically applied when i lodged my 189 back in jan.

I know this is rich coming from me, but it does seem quite random how allocations come about and so you just need to grit your teeth! It can't be long now?

By the looks of your timeline, i would think you could be right. You had to wait a long time too. hope i get it soon !

It's one of those things, you hope to be the first person on the thread to have your visa granted but inevitably that can only be one person!

Haha, to be fair i did lodge it late into jan so being first would be a stretch. Still it's really unnerving to hear nothing at all, not even a CO allocation. Makes you wonder if it's been forgotten entirely. Especially since now grants have been given to feb applicants. The easter break isn't helping things either!