189 Visa Lodged January 2015

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This part of the waiting game, medicals and police checks all done is worse then the first wait to hear off them. My immi account says nothing has happened since 19th March, so I guess it is true that they don't look back into your file until after the 28 days they give you to get all information to them.

So I have another long 8 days at least of waiting to do. I just want to book my flights and go back now.

This part of the waiting game, medicals and police checks all done is worse then the first wait to hear off them. My immi account says nothing has happened since 19th March, so I guess it is true that they don't look back into your file until after the 28 days they give you to get all information to them.

So I have another long 8 days at least of waiting to do. I just want to book my flights and go back now.

i think mine was around two weeks after they requested my PCC. So it could be anytime.

just curious, a couple days ago my status changed from "Processing- Please wait for the department to contact you" to just "Processing", the former being what it was since the lodgement of my application. I wasn't contacted by a CO yet, probably since i front loaded all, so he didn't bother. But does the change of status indicate that i'll be getting it soon?

Haha yeah really stoked, have already started planning the move. If there's anyone in the thread that hasn't gotten their's yet despite having all docs or have a co allocation, give the GSM office a call (not dipb, they can only view and advise, not work on the application itself.)

Edited by kuroro2

After waiting for enough time, i decided to give the adelaide office a call to ask about my application. The officer said stoutly, "I'll look into it" and ended the call.

I got the grant 30 minutes later.

HAHAHA so yay?!

congratulation kuroro2..

My medical info has been uploaded, so now the wait for the grant carry on. Its all out of my hands now, excited but also nervous as there is nothing I can do about it now. When some of you have rang Immigration what did in England did you ring, just so I know so if/when I get impatient I know what time to ring haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Would I be right in thinking I am the only January applicant now who has got the grant, something tells me this is not good. I uploaded PC from UK and Australia on 1st April, had medicals done on 30th March but they didn't get uploaded until 13th April which is after the 28 days you get given. I am now panicking that I have gone over the time allowed, do any of you think this could be the case or should I just ring the Adelaide team and ask them.

Thanks for your help

Ben.

Rang the Adelaide office at 7:00am UK time. They said they would look into my application today and would email or ring me. So the waiting continues, the waiting is the worst part but keep the faith everyone. Even tho most have already got the magic email.

Guest friendsarehere

I applied for EOI on 24th feb , got invitation on 29th march and lodged my application on 30th march . i have had my Medical done in feb as i was applying for other visa so i didnt have to do it again as its all the same and police check and stuff all submitted when i lodged my application. I hope i hear back soon , No Case officer yet tho as today is 24/4 will see . Fingers crossed .

I applied for EOI on 24th feb , got invitation on 29th march and lodged my application on 30th march . i have had my Medical done in feb as i was applying for other visa so i didnt have to do it again as its all the same and police check and stuff all submitted when i lodged my application. I hope i hear back soon , No Case officer yet tho as today is 24/4 will see . Fingers crossed .

Hi friendsarehere....

you should check your timeline with March and April gang as well, it will help you to track your processing status more accurately.....

Guest friendsarehere
Hi friendsarehere....

you should check your timeline with March and April gang as well, it will help you to track your processing status more accurately.....

Hi thanks for replying Dreamboy ,

how do I find that thread ? Thanks

Hi thanks for replying Dreamboy ,

how do I find that thread ? Thanks

type 189 visa March on search bar then it will come up on t screen.. Anyway March and April links are here,

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/230016-189-visa-lodged-march-2015-a.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/231341-189-visa-lodged-april-2015-a.html

Hey January buddies, I need advice I'm tearing my hair out

I applied mid January, but then my son was born end of February. I uploaded a 1022 form telling them, but they requested medicals and police from me and my wife at the start of April. I emailed them telling them I uploaded the 1022 form and had a child, and they replied back saying that we should wait to do the medicals for my son till after he gets his passport.

Anyway, I relaxed and thought that we could do our medicals at the same time, but I thought I'd email DIBP to check. It took them ages to respond but they just did, saying that we DO need to do our police and medical checks done within the 28 day limit..... AND THAT IS IN 6 DAYS!

We're never going to get them all done in that time. They've said they want receipts and proof that we've booked them, but if they are not happy with the information provided they will proceed with the application without them.... which I guess means rejection????? I'm panicking like a madman.

I really want to call them to talk to them about this, but they're shut now and won't open till Monday morning!!

AAAAARG! Advice please?!?!

Thanks Maggie, I've already emailed them the confirmations but uploading them to the immiaccount is a good idea, I will do that as well.

We are in Egypt at the moment, and there is no such thing as a booking confirmation or receipt. Everything is done over the phone or in person at an office here. They will have to take our word for it that we have made the bookings! I will try to call them first thing to explain our situation. I'm a bit more calm now after getting all our other checks processed.

• 1 month later...
It's been a while and I'm a little sad so trawled back to this thread. How far has everyone got in their moving preparations? All going smoothly?! Personally things are starting to get stressful!

Its being pretty stressful in finding a job. I have applied to many companies being at India but all the replies were unsuccessful. Pretty confused, although having a fair amount of experience in my profession. Will they not value overseas experience, Australian employers.