189 Visa Lodged January 2015

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Glad to hear someone's getting their visa through, though; at least something's happening!

Same here!! Looking at the visa tracker it looks like they are processing onshore applicants faster and also specific jobs I.e software engineers :( Glad others are getting theirs but wish mine would come now! :(

Same here!! Looking at the visa tracker it looks like they are processing onshore applicants faster and also specific jobs I.e software engineers :( Glad others are getting theirs but wish mine would come now! :(

Yeah - speaking as a software engineer this is a good thing, but as an offshore applicant not so much!

Maybe the onshore applicants are deemed to have undergone a bit of pre-processing so are a bit quicker to do (or maybe it's just the way it looks from the visa tracker, I guess that the percentage of people who use it is a small one).

great to see that on the tracker a few as late as 15th Jan have been processed :D getting there.

I'd heard that onshore get prioritised for the simple fact that they're either already in a job or can take on immediate work which makes sense, rather than offshore where they might not see employment for months after the grant? Was also told that being on a working visa also helps as they would've already done some of the legwork. That could be a lod of bull though, just what a friend said..

Edited by saff

I've had contact from my Case Officer, requesting more information, I'm now frantically emailing skills assessment place for the information, fingers crossed they reply quickly!!!!

I'd give them a call if I were you, if its something simple whoever you speak with can deal with it rather than it sitting in an email to do list for a day or two :)

I am onshore - and on a 457 (ie - working visa). I applied on the 11th and nothing - so don't think it is onshore or working people that get a priority. I think they just divy out 10 days worth of applicants - and it comes through quicker based purely on who happens to be looking at it and where you are in their pile. I have analysed everywhich way too, and think it is just potluck. There happen to be more onshore people on the tracker at the mo - hence why lots of them are getting their visas... Think we all just need to be patient (she tells herself calmly!!!).

great to see that on the tracker a few as late as 15th Jan have been processed :D getting there.

I'd heard that onshore get prioritised for the simple fact that they're either already in a job or can take on immediate work which makes sense, rather than offshore where they might not see employment for months after the grant? Was also told that being on a working visa also helps as they would've already done some of the legwork. That could be a lod of bull though, just what a friend said..

I'd give them a call if I were you, if its something simple whoever you speak with can deal with it rather than it sitting in an email to do list for a day or two :)

I did phone them thank you, apparently I recieved a skills assessment letter along with my statement of accredition but I don't have it. They are going to post one out to me, but it's going to to take about 2 weeks ? at least I know I'm on my way with it the sleepless nights can stop for now. Just wish they could email me a copy