189 visa lodged September 2014

Whites

I hope I haven't screwed anything up during the application :dull:

I doubt very much that you have done anything wrong i was sure i had stuffed up right up until the grant, did you use an agent or yourself?

even if you have done something wrong (which you haven't) they will contact you via email.

best of luck

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

We just awoke to find our visas were granted overnight. It seems what @AdamSarah83 says about 8 weeks is totally correct. That's a visa for @robley and me and our 3 kids and our dog.

We had an invitation to apply on the 7th September.

We lodged in 15 September. Front loaded everything except medicals. We did our medicals in the 28th October. These take about a week to process.

I don't think anyone looks at any cases until the EOI period expires (60 days), but after that it all seems pretty rapid.

We didn't have any contact with a CO, just a pile of emails this morning. We also did this ourselves without an agent, although we paid a consulting fee for help us get our EOI right, just to get our heads straight on what to apply for points wise.

Hope you all get yours soon

PS - we too didn't do or get asked for a form 80.

Edited by Captain Roberto

Well done guys for getting direct grants. Me and missus got a case officer today and the only thing they wanted was......the medical :D This has already been done but they just need a report from my counsellor to start processing it. So I reckon if I get my report in early this week the visa will be granted.

It is nearly party time :D everyone else celebrate!!!!!

Hi all.

We just awoke to find our visas were granted overnight. It seems what @AdamSarah83 says about 8 weeks is totally correct. That's a visa for @robley and me and our 3 kids and our dog.

We lodged in 15 September. Front loaded everything except medicals. We did our medicals in the 28th October. These take about a week to process.

I don't think anyone looks at any cases until the EOI period expires (60 days), but after that it all seems pretty rapid.

We didn't have any contact with a CO, just a pile of emails this morning. We also did this ourselves without an agent, although we paid a consulting fee for help us get our EOI right, just to get our heads straight on what to apply for points wise.

Mate I am so happy for you. I'll have be beer for you and you for me.

Really pleased and yesterday you asked questions and who would have thought you would have got the visa the very next day. Congrats mate

Great news mathewroberts, today our agent asked us to resend our police checks for OZ and UK , she stated they are now needed in colour....maybe she submitted them in black and white but I sent them to her in colour so no idea what happened there. As we lodged the day after Mathewroberts Im hopeful this week I will be having a celebratory cocktail on the beautiful Sunny Coast :smile:

Hi, I was advised by my agent (OE Visas) to wait until the CO asks for them. Not sure of the reason tbh but I waited anyway, no point in doing all the hard work to mess it up at the end.

Best of luck

Laura

Laura where are you in the process now - I'm also using OE as an agent? xx

Hi all.

PS - we too didn't do or get asked for a form 80.

Congrats mate. what was your skill ?

@Paednurseclaire I Applied 15th September, front loaded evidence, police and medicals. I was expecting to be assigned a CO and have further queries but just received emails granting the visas. Need to look for work in Sydney area now (I'm a district nurse here). Hope you hear something soon x

Thanks for the info @robley! How quick was that direct grant?! Fantastic! Good luck on the job front

Wow so excited for you!! Congratulations! When are you planning to make the big move and which part?

I hope ours goes as smoothly, I'm a midwife and want to move to Perth straight after new year.

perth is the place to be guys, we are here and have been for a while, we had a Working Holiday Visa, went home, had a second year and as soon as we where here applied for PR. Perth is Beautiful you will love it have you been before?

we fell in love with the place as soon as we got here.

Congrats to all and hold on folks, you will be accepted soon, just hang on in there, we were sure it would never end but it did and we have the visa, not sure what to do now as have focused on this visa for so long feel a bit lost,

but my input to you all, don't overlook Perth and shoot to the east coast, Perth is really a lovely city and WA will blow your mind, i have a pool, and i am an average joe and i can afford a house with a pool.... :wacko: crazy or what

Edited by AdamSarah83

perth is the place to be guys, we are here and have been for a while, we had a Working Holiday Visa, went home, had a second year and as soon as we where here applied for PR. Perth is Beautiful you will love it have you been before?

we fell in love with the place as soon as we got here.

Congrats to all and hold on folks, you will be accepted soon, just hang on in there, we were sure it would never end but it did and we have the visa, not sure what to do now as have focused on this visa for so long feel a bit lost,

but my input to you all, don't overlook Perth and shoot to the east coast, Perth is really a lovely city and WA will blow your mind, i have a pool, and i am an average joe and i can afford a house with a pool.... :wacko: crazy or what

Hi there, we are coming to Perth. Where about in Perth are you and what jobs do you do? We heard there's a massive downturn in mining/FIFO there and my electrical/mechanical engineer husband could struggle to find work... We are still dreaming of that pool but worry it'll be out of reach.