189 visa lodged September 2014

Whites

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

We have submitted our E.o.i and are hoping to get invited in the next rounds on monday. Fingers crossed! If that is the case, then we would like to lodge asap, when going to lodge your application, what do you actually need at the beginning. Reason I am asking is, slight panic we have just realised my husbands passport has just expired?! He has applied for a new one, but I'm thinking do I wait to lodge when that comes back or go ahead and lodge, pay the fees and start uploading docs as and when they get scanned. As I can upload all the rest?

Second question, the individual passport photos, do you need to write anything underneath them or anything to state who is who?

sorry for daft questions, but we are doing this ourselves and don't want to mess up x

I think it might be wise to pay a bit extra to get your new passport done quicker. Either by post office verification or one of those appointments at a big passport office. Just to keep it flowing, as you usually only have 60 days after you are invited to apply to get all those documents / scans / evidence in. No biggie, but I'd look at getting those in the bag asap

Passport photos, I think you can scan them in and write underneath who is who. It's in the guidelines on the Immi site.

We did all that last week. So it's all rather fresh in our minds and we don't have an agent

Edited by Captain Roberto

Hello thanks for reply! Well I have just received my invite!! Very excited!!!

Just need to get a few bits together including the passport, when you go on, and press apply does it allow you to add a few bits and then save and comeback, like it did the Eoi or do you have to continue with it and pay straight away.

Best get that passport hurried along and all my other bits together! Eek!

Hey! Good news on the invite. We did ours this time last week.

When you apply you fill in a form a bit like EOI, adding in all your work history, any other family members for the visa and stuff like that. Then at the end you pay the bill.

After that you can upload evidence docs. Certified ones are probably best - but some people say colour scans do the job.

I think you have 60 days to apply, so as long as you get all this before mid November you'll be fine.

That's it really. I found the uploading of docs a bit tedious as the attachments need to be under 5mb and named in the right way. For us that took a few hours (half a day).

Yes. Really hard to say. It seems most people don't hear off a CO for at least 8 weeks regardless of what they do. Also in most cases there is usually someone else who has been in a similar position. Maybe you could try asking the same stuff in the June, July and August threads?

Hi, we lodged our 189 visa on 2/7/14 and still haven't had a case officer allocated. We have front loaded all our docs, PCC and medical checks so we are playing the waiting game... Apparently there has been a backlog the last few months from what I can gather

Thanks for the reply..yeah I have started the arduous task of scanning in tonight. We hadn't yet got our documents certified, as I had read online somewhere that colour scans of the original are enough? Ive just asked again somewhere on another thread to see if anyone else has done this. I hope so!

Yeah I am just preparing all the docs and then when hubbys passport comes in, ill scan that in, and off it will go! Very excited!

Waited an awful long time for this! As Im sure most of us have!

I asked this question earlier, you may know, but how did you proof your partners english ability, is it just passport alone, or did they have to do ielts test? Or I read somewhere that they had to get a report from school to say been taught in english for 5 yrs?

Just a few worrying niggles I want straightening out, im hoping all will become clearer when I actually just do the application.

Thanks

If you have a passport from Canada, America or United Kingdom you do not need an IELTS test as your passport is proof of sufficient English . Anyone who's partner will be under their application and is not from those countries has to do an IELTS test ( like me , I'm german) but you only have to get something like 4 in each category or something , which is pretty easy ;)

Nursebucko, did you certify all documents in the end, or just upload colour scans? The guidelines online aren't that clear. I already have a number of cert copies of a number of documents (part of skills assessment) :( but not sure if I should certify the rest? Thanks x

I have 2 doubts, if anyone can clarify. Before that here is a background

I was in Canada for work since 2009-Jul to 2010-Dec then in visit visa since 2011-Mar till 2012-June

1) I have previous 2 visa refusals for Canada.

a) Visit visa to Canada due to lack of Fund(Jan, 2011) that I have shown.. but after that when I have shown enough fund it got approved (Feb, 2011)

b) Spousal PR visa refusal for Canada because of some document validation problem of my ex-wife(Aug, 2012).

We got the divorce in April, 2014.

I have declared this in form 1221 and in form 80 with some more details of the reason of the refusal and attached the divorce and marriage certificate from Canada.

2) There is a reassessment happened on my 2010 tax return and according to that I owe $4000 CAD to the tax department. My previous employer has filed an objection for that against Canada tax. so now this $4000 has become the disputed amount. The case is still going on. However, I have recently made the payment of $4000 CAD to tax.

So if you guys can comment on this from your experience and knowledge.

Is it possible that these 2 reasons can be a hindrance for me to get the 189 visa ?

Nursebucko, did you certify all documents in the end, or just upload colour scans? The guidelines online aren't that clear. I already have a number of cert copies of a number of documents (part of skills assessment) :( but not sure if I should certify the rest? Thanks x

I havent actually uploaded mine yet, I'm awaiting abit more stuff...but as far as I have read they do accept colour scanned copies of the original, without certification. I hope so anyway as I havent got any of my stuff certified. I did for ANMAC, but once I read about colour scanning, I thought I'd save some money. Hope that helps

I lodged on the 23rd, have uploaded the certified documents and ordered the PCC, just need to get medicals arranged.

All lll the excitement has been taken from

me at present due to how unlikely it is I'll get midwifery registration to work after all this. So they'll let me have a permanent visa as a midwife but won't allow me to work. Urghhh.

I lodged on the 23rd, have uploaded the certified documents and ordered the PCC, just need to get medicals arranged.

All lll the excitement has been taken from

me at present due to how unlikely it is I'll get midwifery registration to work after all this. So they'll let me have a permanent visa as a midwife but won't allow me to work. Urghhh.

Awesome, so organised! :) Why would it be unlikely to get midwifery registration? Didn't they invite you to apply based on your skills and quals??

I am degree trained but new criteria was updated this week about continuity of care experience so I really hope you're right matthewroberts... How disappointing if I get there and have to work in a cafe/supermarket/etc because I don't want to work full time on supervised practice! (Not the supervised but that's a problem, the full time bit is!)

Hi

Our invitation was received on the 10th August for a EOI with 65 points. Application was lodged with payment on the 3rd September. All supporting docs along with PCC were uploaded by the 25th of September. Medicals are to be uploaded by our hospital tomorrow.

We didn't wait to be assigned a CO but went ahead and uploaded everything and did medicals hoping for a direct grant :)

Does anyone know if its a good idea to also add the form 80 although the requirement seems debatable?

Would an absolutely complete application mean you get your grant faster than 2 months?