189 visa lodged September 2014

Whites

Hi, I applied on 28th sep 2014. Was asked in November by CO for additional info which I provided. Early Dec I was told I was I month short of the 3 years work experience, and I had until 24/12/14 to submit this- which I did. I have since heard nothing, and have had no reply within 7 days to my e-mail. Starting to worry! Any thoughts or advice?  I see people submitting after this date have had visa granted!

I had sent more than couple of emails to CO without much luck - never got any reply. I think once CO has requested additional documents, it takes time to get approval. It took 105 days for my visa to get approved.Also, you need to consider that not much progress would have been made between christmas and 05-Jan. You might just get a straight grant email pretty soon. Good Luck

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks joshbay84- I really hope so! I'm a bit worried that if I loose 5 points for being a month short of work experience my application will be rejected as my invitation was based on points that included those 5. Oooh it's so tough not knowing!

Hi Scottishlash I am still waiting too. I used an agent. I am unsure whether I even have a CO. I've just emailed my agent again, it's so frustrating isn't it :daydreaming:

Absolutely over the moon to report that we have just received the golden email through our agent! 189 visa granted! Absolutely thrilled! Now things get very real........thanks to you all for the advice and support :biglaugh:

Congratulations!!

Hi all~

so happy to hear that many of you already have your visas granted. i have posted mine on 24th sept and sent form 80 and character clearance on 22nd dec but yet to hear anything. it has already been a month and im getting really really worried. does anyone have any advice on that! much appreciated!

Hi all~

so happy to hear that many of you already have your visas granted. i have posted mine on 24th sept and sent form 80 and character clearance on 22nd dec but yet to hear anything. it has already been a month and im getting really really worried. does anyone have any advice on that! much appreciated!

Give them a call to find out what's going on.

Hi all~

I agree, give them a call. Or if you are using an agent ask them to call. Hope you get your grant soon

Fantastic scottishlass!! It's an amazing feeling isn't it! So relieved, we have been sorting all sorts out since we got the news! Looking at mid March for the big move! Whoo hoo

It's great! Such a weight of the mind! However now starts the next challenge - finding an employer who will agree to supervise me for 6 months to enable me to get my Ahpra registration! :wacko:

Wow March is just round the corner! You got jobs sorted?

It's great! Such a weight of the mind! However now starts the next challenge - finding an employer who will agree to supervise me for 6 months to enable me to get my Ahpra registration! :wacko:

Wow March is just round the corner! You got jobs sorted?

Ahhh sounds like we're in a similar boat. I'm starting the whole ahpra process this week :err:

I'm a paeds trained diploma nurse so hoping to be offered the supervised practice. I'm happy to work as a nursing assistant till it comes through though, gives me a chance to try and get my head around the health care system.