189 visa lodged September 2014

Whites

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see! my friend who lodged on 12th of Sept. with all docs submitted upfront, just got her direct grant yesterday! so you'll get yours soon too. I was so stupid I didn't know about the 'attach document' button on the upper right corner of immipage. I could have uploaded all my docs in the first place too. All my friends also assumed that I was aware...tsk

Yeh they did. As soon as I got my report from counsellor they had it done within the week. However, it then took another week for the CO to grant the visa. It was a tad frustrating but we got it in the end

Thanks for your reply Cagsy, appreciate it. It would be lovely to get a grant before Christmas, but I know my case is not straight forward. So it's good to hear that they didn't keep you waiting too long. Congratulations again

I see! my friend who lodged on 12th of Sept. with all docs submitted upfront, just got her direct grant yesterday! so you'll get yours soon too. I was so stupid I didn't know about the 'attach document' button on the upper right corner of immipage. I could have uploaded all my docs in the first place too. All my friends also assumed that I was aware...tsk

Hopefully now you've uploaded it won't take too long. Good luck and keep posting :)

Thanks for your reply Ozmaniac...actually I got my grant yesterday only :) As I got married after my visa processing started, my wife was not included in the original application or in EOI...I added her in the last stages but luckily everything came through & we both received the grant...so in the grant letter my Application Type is 'Main Applicant' & her's is 'Migrating Dependent' , just wanted to confirm whether people who have added their spouse from EOI itself has same titles ...

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask to all of you that have their grants, what time of day did the emails come through? Was it all through the night?

Im doing my own head in atm waiting...and if I know there is no chance in the day receiving one I shall stop looking at my phone all day!! Lol

thanks

x

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask to all of you that have their grants, what time of day did the emails come through? Was it all through the night?

Im doing my own head in atm waiting...and if I know there is no chance in the day receiving one I shall stop looking at my phone all day!! Lol

thanks

x

Ours came in the night yes. I think they get sent by a 'human' (A CO) during the Australian working day - which varies a bit depending which office is dealing with your case - but yes, I wouldn't worry all day!

if you are esp keen, check just before bed, and when you get up in the morning. I'm sure it'll be fine and here before too long

lol a human! I thought as much...I only started to wonder as I remember my invite to apply came during the day. But I think that was a automatic email that kicked out.

Brilliant I shall just try to relax now and wait with everyone else. I thought being busy in December with xmas things my mind would be taken off it abit...but nope! Lol

i did just take a look at the tracker and it certainly seems close now!

Bet you guys are so relieved now you have yours? Xx

@ about 10 this morning, there were 3 unopened mails popped in my fon! i didnt even want to have a look at it coz i thought they were just some rubbish msgs like i regularly received. good thing i changed my mind! the subject alone that says immigrant made me jump in surprise!! we got the grant for me and my partner! our happiness is beyond measures! it took awhile but was all worth it! indefinite stay in ausie wohooooo! the best xmas present ever!!

@ about 10 this morning, there were 3 unopened mails popped in my fon! i didnt even want to have a look at it coz i thought they were just some rubbish msgs like i regularly received. good thing i changed my mind! the subject alone that says immigrant made me jump in surprise!! we got the grant for me and my partner! our happiness is beyond measures! it took awhile but was all worth it! indefinite stay in ausie wohooooo! the best xmas present ever!!

This is brilliant news @Mahdear21 I'm very happy for you. Can't believe you didn't open the email, ha, I'm stalking my phone on every ping! Make sure you celebrate :))

Hi,

I have applied for visa 189 and I am the primary applicant. Still waiting for CO / grant. Would like to speed things up by uploading form 80 in advance. Do I need to submit form 80 for me and my spouse ? Or it's for primary applicant only ?

Please advise ..

We had the form 80 info ready (I used to travel extensively for work), but were never asked for the form. (A 'direct grant')

I think it's quicker to not upload the form 80. Keep it all as simple as possible. If they ask, if you have them ready you can upload them. It will be for all people over 18 on the application.

Edited by Captain Roberto

I can't remember exactly but it was quick. I think 4 working days

It depends if you opt for the super-fast one (which is a bit more expensive) or the normal speed one. I've used both and they were rapid turnarounds - "slow" one was in oz 14 days after I posted it so not too shabby at all.

I applied on 26-Sep. CO requested for Form 80 and US state police clearance. Hope to receive police clearance in 2 weeks and upload it. Just curious, would the CO have already gone through other documents and made decision ? Because I see in the tracker that people have been granted visa with couple of days of uploading the additional requested documents.

I applied on 26-Sep. CO requested for Form 80 and US state police clearance. Hope to receive police clearance in 2 weeks and upload it. Just curious, would the CO have already gone through other documents and made decision ? Because I see in the tracker that people have been granted visa with couple of days of uploading the additional requested documents.

I don't know for sure but that sounds about right, going by what happened with other people's stories.