189 visa lodged September 2014

Whites

Hiya, we have lodged our visa on the 6th September!!! Now waiting for CO location......

we are going through an Agent. Waiting for go ahead from CO for medical's and PCC.... so basically just waiting waiting!!! Lol

anyone else out there that lodged in September???

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're lodging tomorrow (14th) - we are just waiting for a couple of things to be 'notarised/certified' (if notarised is actually a word)

I wanted to ask - when you submit your visa application, what happens next? do you start uploading proof and docs immediately, or do you wait to be asked? NB - we are doing this ourselves. Any info much appeciated.

Screenshot 2014-09-13 14.26.58.png

I am guessing when you lodge, you pay the bill - then I am guessing you start uploading documents?

Screenshot 2014-09-13 14.26.58.png

You can start uploading documents after you've lodged and paid the fees. You don't have to upload things right away but if you have them ready, then there's no reason to delay. Don't wait to be asked as it's possible they could make a decision based on what you've included in your application and if that's nothing, they could refuse the visa.

If you upload colour scans, the documents don't need to be certified.

We have just received our grant after lodging on the 26 June. It seems like it's a couple of months wait, were only allocated a case officer a couple of weeks ago. that said they have been banging out 189's just lately. When we lodged ours they had a back log so hopefully you won't have to wait too long! Good luck..

I lodged my 189 application on 08 SEPT 2014 and uploaded all the documents. I have already completed PCC and medical.

I gave up on WA state sponsorship due to their ridiculously unpredictable 'skills in demand' list and decided to sit it out and gain points for 5 years work experience.

Looking around the forum and internet it is around 80-90 days for Case Officer allocation- So I am hoping to hear back around 27 NOV 2014 and have a visa grant 12 DEC 2014.

Its going to be a long wait.............................:biglaugh:

Does anybody know how often they ask for Form 80 - it seems like a real pain to complete.

80 days to go (and I'm counting).

Edited by PWA200
typo mate

I lodged my 189 application on 08 SEPT 2014 and uploaded all the documents. I have already completed PCC and medical.

I gave up on WA state sponsorship due to their ridiculously unpredictable 'skills in demand' list and decided to sit it out and gain points for 5 years work experience.

Looking around the forum and internet it is around 80-90 days for Case Officer allocation- So I am hoping to hear back around 27 NOV 2014 and have a visa grant 12 DEC 2014.

Its going to be a long wait.............................:biglaugh:

Does anybody know how often they ask for Form 80 - it seems like a real pain to complete.

80 days to go (and I'm counting).

Same as us we lodged on the 6th Sep. haven't done medical's or police checks yet, looks like most people just do them before...... Might just do that and go for the straight grant!! What's everyone doing for housing/accommodation??? Can you secure rental from here?

Hi, I lodged my application 11 aug and have started uploading documents. Are we supposed to have documents notarised as certified copies then scanned and uploaded? Or we only need certified copies if we are actually sending documents physically?

btw, I have gone on and did my medical and police checks just because really, and I haven't got migration agents.

thanks

mac

I see.

thanks! Yes I did coloured scans. I haven't got a CO yet, and have yet to recieve correspondence aside from acknowledging my application.

i did my medicals already and has been finalised on the website as the clinic uploaded them on their own, and all of my documents have a received mark next to them so I don't know what to do, now that I've realised my error. I sent an email enquiry or better yet, I hope they'll give me a CO soon to advise me. I suppose I could still get the same documents copied and certified then scanned, although that sounds, awkward already.

I think I only need PCC overseas outstanding .

The reason our agents are advising us on waiting for CO to request medical's is because you will have 1 year from when medical and PC is issued to validate your visa. So just in case something takes longer in the grant of your visa, the time for validating would be ticking :)

I don't think so. They go by whatever was issued earliest, in your case PCC. So you now have 1 year to get out there!! Which is plenty of time! Even in worst case scenario , and u don't get a visa until say.... Jan or fen you still have 6 months to get over there! I would just go ahead and do medical's, then once CO appointed you will just get a straight visa grant, rather then the CO requesting stuff... I think that's what we will do ;)