Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Neutral

About DrNemo

  • Rank
  1. DrNemo

    Becoming a business sponsor.

    Thanks Marcus, someone potentially in mind but for them final step in a long line of paperwork having just been let down by another employer so don't want to hold them up if otherwise their visa would be relatively quick - I can't help but think it would be quicker if I was already an approved sponsor.
  2. I moved to Hobart in Tas from the UK 6 years ago and now own a couple of GP clinics. I'm now looking at becoming a business sponsor. I have completed the online application but wondered if anyone else had been through this application and might have an idea of time to get approved? On the DIAC site all the timeframes talk about visas being granted not approved sponsor status. TIA
  3. DrNemo

    189 or 190, what was your approach?

    190 is state sponsored. Different states have different requirements to meet. I chose 190 over 189 as I had 55 points before ILETS and I couldn't be bothered to sit it plus had a local state office who were very helpful and gave very prompt sponsorship (I was already in the state on a 457).
  4. DrNemo

    Skilled Nominated Visa 190 question.

    Also might be worth contacting Tas for state sponsorship. I didn't bother sitting ILETS at all as I got the final 5 points I needed to make 60 with state sponsorship. I spoke to a lovely lady at the Tas office and they turned around my application within 72hours.
  5. DrNemo

    changing passport details on visa?

    I would assume via your husbands immi account but I just printed out the form posted it off to my local office and 48h later had email confirmation all changed over.
  6. Sorry, no idea I applied for 190 and don't recall being asked that question on the form, it didn't cause any problems for me.
  7. The original poster is a doctor so will have had the blood tests anyway as these are required for healthcare workers on 457s.
  8. I used the go-walkabout emigration insurance in a similar situation however please consider that reciprocal Medicare will only cover urgent/emergency care (as per Aus citizens in the UK) not full cover so if you have any chronic health needs these would not necessarily be covered. If there is any chance you might stay tick the box to get your medical assessments to PR standards rather than just 457. No extra cost to you and if you decide to go for PR within 12 months they are still valid and you don't need to repeat them.
  9. DrNemo

    Ambulance cover

    Locally seems to be all covered, only exception I've come across was a patient of mine who was injured in an MVA as a passenger and not willing to disclose the driver to MAIB as he knew his mate was over the limit. Hence as not MAIB claim was liable for the cost of the ambulance himself (although I seriously hope he got his "mate" to pay it).
  10. DrNemo

    It must be getting clise Tastastic!!

    Have you been down to taste yet?
  11. See a gp and get the script then shop around, there can often be a significant difference between pharmacies although some will price match if asked. It is possible to get A and B in one with twinrix vaccine although still need more than one dose.
  12. DrNemo

    190 Visa Lodged in Sep 2014

    I was already working out here (Hobart) on a 457 visa. I'm a GP which means anywhere there are people there are usually jobs.
  13. DrNemo

    190 Visa Lodged in Sep 2014

    I lodged 30th Sept and direct grant on 18th Nov, Tasmania. Good luck all.
  14. DrNemo

    189 visa lodged September 2014

    190 rather than 189, lodged 30th September, granted today, seven weeks! I'm already in Aus on a 457 but life suddenly got easier wrt mortgages/Medicare etc
  15. DrNemo


    I would approach your UK GP and ask for copies of all the specialist letters, this is likely to take a few days vs weeks if approaching your Consultant. If leaving the UK you can ask for 3 months supply on the NHS and potentially a further 3 months on private script. HTH.