After 4 weeks I've got a job!

Kezzles

I was worried before I arrived in Melbourne as i had heard so many stories on here about how difficult it was to find a job in my field of HR. I prepared well before I left and joined AHRI (professional HR body) completed an e learning course on fair work act and set up agency appointments. It paid off! I had a good cv and positive attitude and treated job search as my job. I prob applied for over 20 positions had one interview where I was invited back to a second, had another interview set up in same week I got my job! I start Monday and I'm super excited, I've not even had to take a step back in position or salary as some had suggested I may have to do.

If you are making the move and you're in HR then good luck it can be done :biggrin:

I was worried before I arrived in Melbourne as i had heard so many stories on here about how difficult it was to find a job in my field of HR. I prepared well before I left and joined AHRI (professional HR body) completed an e learning course on fair work act and set up agency appointments. It paid off! I had a good cv and positive attitude and treated job search as my job. I prob applied for over 20 positions had one interview where I was invited back to a second, had another interview set up in same week I got my job! I start Monday and I'm super excited, I've not even had to take a step back in position or salary as some had suggested I may have to do.

If you are making the move and you're in HR then good luck it can be done :biggrin:

Congrats.

That's amazing news!! Absolutely chuffed for you. What a road you have been on. Then Monday you get to start work ;-)

Well done!

Thx all!

i know crazy journey guess it's there to test us to see if we really want it though don't feel like it at the time! When you arriving? I forgot what part you're going to?

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best for Monday!

B x

That's fab news..and wow quick work in all fronts. We were chatting about HR jobs late least year and all we were getting back was doom and gloom so it's put a spring in my step. We're heading over to Adelaide early next year and I was starting to get worried although I did meet with a recruiter on a recent reccie and she said that it really comes down to you as an individual at interview if you have the quals. I noticed in one of your earlier threads you mentioned someone you knew who moved to Adelaide and got a job in 2 weeks...are they on here as I would love to get in contact. Also you mentioned a course you did...would love to know where you found it as I'm struggling to find much apart from more post grads and I already have a Masters in HR and just want a brush up on legislation. Would be good to keep in touch and let us know how it's going and any peculiarities you come across...maybe we can get a networking group going! Hope it all works out.

sarah

That's fab news..and wow quick work in all fronts. We were chatting about HR jobs late least year and all we were getting back was doom and gloom so it's put a spring in my step. We're heading over to Adelaide early next year and I was starting to get worried although I did meet with a recruiter on a recent reccie and she said that it really comes down to you as an individual at interview if you have the quals. I noticed in one of your earlier threads you mentioned someone you knew who moved to Adelaide and got a job in 2 weeks...are they on here as I would love to get in contact. Also you mentioned a course you did...would love to know where you found it as I'm struggling to find much apart from more post grads and I already have a Masters in HR and just want a brush up on legislation. Would be good to keep in touch and let us know how it's going and any peculiarities you come across...maybe we can get a networking group going! Hope it all works out.

sarah

Hi Sarah

ill pm you my email and I can fill you in on what I've seen and heard etc so far!