“toxic” drug culture hidden beneath Perth’s “pleasant and attractive” landscape

simmo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest66881
As the parent of a 16 year old who got in with the wrong crowd I can assure you it is rampant and not always in the dodgy suburbs.

I never said suburbs i said areas, and with that in and around the CBD mainly, and my pointing out i haven't seen any doesn't mean it's not going on does it either?

Kids will take drugs for all sorts of reasons not just bad crowds the good crowds do it also.

If you want to avoid being surrounded by drug dealers and users, then give up caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, prescibed drugs, and of course the illegal ones, remembering that tens of thousands of people die from alcohol and tobacco, and become a hermit.

PS, don't consume any 'magic' mushrooms either.

If you want to avoid being surrounded by drug dealers and users, then give up caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, prescibed drugs, and of course the illegal ones, remembering that tens of thousands of people die from alcohol and tobacco, and become a hermit.

PS, don't consume any 'magic' mushrooms either.

seriously? are you saying crystal meth is compatible with coffee?

seriously? are you saying crystal meth is compatible with coffee?

Naturally, I'm not saying that crystal meth is compatible with coffee, but how many people die from crystal meth, compared to tobacco and alcohol? Many people are addicted to caffeine but it is a legal product and it is cheap. What do you think would happen if caffeine was made an illegal drug, and the price shot up, say to $25 per cup, and you like drinking four cups a day? And if you don't think caffeine is a drug, then try giving it up for a few days, which means no coffee, no tea, no cocoa, no chocolate, no cola drinks. I found giving up smoking easier, much easier in fact, as I never managed to 'kick' caffeine.

Check this out

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/interactive/2012/jul/02/drug-use-map-world?CMP=twt_gu

looks like the UK is bad for Cocaine and Oz is bad for all drugs. I thought it was common knowledge that Oz is right up there for drug use, including Perth. UK certainly doesnt escape this nasty business either. Hope the link works....I didnt know how to hyperlink on my phone?

are the laws very strict if you are found with drugs or alcohol?

With drugs yes, also the family pretty much disown the druggies. Tends to be less visible, but definitely exists and is known as a problem. Alcohol is fine if you behave...

Guest Guest 47403

I've heard through a very reliable sauce there is a drug dealer on every other corner in Perth...............................and it is in fact the crystal meth boom and not the mining boom that has caused the rise in the cost of living and property prices.

Apparantley people are flocking from all over the world and paying thousands for visas even going to university to study jobs on the CMWL (crystal meth wanted list) to get to Perth, must be a dreadful place to live!

crystal meth just say no.

I've heard through a very reliable sauce there is a drug dealer on every other corner in Perth...............................and it is in fact the crystal meth boom and not the mining boom that has caused the rise in the cost of living and property prices.

Apparantley people are flocking from all over the world and paying thousands for visas even going to university to study jobs on the CMWL (crystal meth wanted list) to get to Perth, must be a dreadful place to live!

crystal meth just say no.

That's my way in then!

What an effing stupid thread...

drugs have been a major problem...everywhere, anywhere in the world..

why on earth single any single city out..

when my daughters were born, just less than 20 years ago, looking to the future bringing them up in the uk, top of my list was keeping them from doing drugs..

even as as an oldie, my youth was all grange hill...just say no..

to the OP....if you want to start a thread about drugs....why not do one about the damage they do..

Guest Guest 47403
What an effing stupid thread...

drugs have been a major problem...everywhere, anywhere in the world..

why on earth single any single city out..

when my daughters were born, just less than 20 years ago, looking to the future bringing them up in the uk, top of my list was keeping them from doing drugs..

even as as an oldie, my youth was all grange hill...just say no..

to the OP....if you want to start a thread about drugs....why not do one about the damage they do..

Because it would not fullfill an agenda (about somewhere he has never visited)

Because it would not fullfill an agenda (about somewhere he has never visited)

Makes you wonder how dull life in Mottingham must be if searching for and posting stuff like this is the most entertaining thing the OP has to do on a Sunday

are the laws very strict if you are found with drugs or alcohol?

As strict as anywhere else that has laws against drugs PB. You should know, you say you lived here not that long ago.

As far as the drug problem in Perth is concerned I think the old judge is being a bit over the top. It's no worse and a lot better than most cities around the world. Drugs are fairly easy to get in any of them, that's if you want them. I have two boys 24 and 18. The eldest told me years ago that drugs are easy to get but the bunch of friends he hangs around with are totally against them. Generally think guys and girls that are in the drug scene or hooked on them in any way are losers and to be avoided. Youngest doesn't even drink as he has epilepsy so keeps away from booze. We haven't even put any pressure on him to not drink, he's just not that bothered.

To be honest it was no different when I was growing up. Went to a lot of festivals where they were giving stuff away. I took some stuff when it was being handed out too. Went to Uni and 3 guys in the house I was sharing were spending 10 quid a day on dope. Rich parents!! Me and the other guy in the house spent all our grant money on booze and playing squash.

As a parent you can only try and steer your kids in the right direction, give them some information and guidelines and let them know how you feel about drug use, along with a bit of education the schools try to dish out and a good upbringing with plenty of sport in the mix and the rest is up to them. It must be every persons worst nightmare to have their kids taking or mixed up with the drug culture in some way. I read Ben Cousins book and feel sorry for his parents. It's a good read. He doesn't try to cover anything up and try to blame anyone but himself.

The guilt he feels about what he did to his family (dad most of all) is almost palpable. My eldest read it and just can't get his head round why a great athlete and sportsman like him, who seemed to have everything going for him, would ruin his life the way he did. Should be compulsory reading for every teenager who thinks it's cool to get into the stuff young.

Guest Guest66881

Of course it's no worse just people offering ridiculously outlandish claims to stir a pot, fueled by a judge who's probably not that in touch with the ground.

Bet there's loads in london too.. :wink:

First place I came across drugs was when I went to London on a school trip as a 14 year old Stacey. At 14 I had hair halfway down my back and was a bit of a hippy looking character. Always being mistaken for a lot older than I was. Had it's advantages in getting served in pubs wasn't a problem. First day I was in London, middle of the day I was approached by a drug dealer and asked if I wanted to buy some stuff. Didn't bother but just had the look of a potential customer I guess.

She does though lol she's from Glasgow and I used to joke that she's a bit rougher than other peoples grans. Plus she buys her cigarettes from the Ice cream van pmsl. Only in glasgow! :laugh:

When my wife worked in Moss Side health centre their was a van down the road from their office every day that was supposed to be a burger van. Everyone around the area new the burgers were just a front for the drug dealing. There used to be big expensive cars pull up and from my wifes office they could see wads of cash being handed over for packages. I think the cops just turned a blind eye to it, they must have known it was going off.

Archived