“toxic” drug culture hidden beneath Perth’s “pleasant and attractive” landscape

simmo

Wow....thanks for explaining all of that. It's terrifying being a parent!!! I just wanted to say that I am sure your parents ARE proud of the strength you have had. As for your BMXing....perhaps u could get back into it. I have a friend who has just started to win sports internationals at the age of 41, albeit veterans :-)

Anyway as for me I will educate, educate, educate and try to keep them in the right crowd. It is scery when I have seen "runners" the age of 12 at the end of my road

i first took it at a party. One friend from school was the son of a bikie. He had no issues with selling to us kids. Curiosity got the better of me and I tryed some. It started as a weekend thing , then progressed. I grew up in Logan and it was readily available. I was a Australian champion bMx rider till I was 15. This got hold of me and that went out the window. When I was younger I trained 4 nights a week for bMx and was missing out on all the fun kids seemed to be having. Once I started going to school parties and hanging around the wrong kids , I picked up bad habits. Wish I had my time again , but that's how it played out. I left home at 16 cause my parents couldn't handle me. It destroyed them and the last ten years I have tryed my best to make them proud. I recommend educating children just how bad drugs are and what happens to those that choose to use them at a young age. Good groups of friends are the key. I managed to find the worst of the worst. It is everywhere though and I know a certain private schools where it's way to popular with the kids . Education on it is the key. I never knew what the outcome was going to turn out like. Back then it was not like it is now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thread is stupid, it does happen everywhere. What some might not realise about oz though as around 2010 think it was , Australia was the biggest recreational drug consuming nation in the world. It is a big problem. I was a drug addict (meth ) from the time I was 15 till I was 24. I was addicted for years and it ain't pretty. I went through 2 years of rehab ( 3 mnths live in) still haunts me to this day. I'm very proud of the man I've become now and I can't stand drugs at all now. Been clean over 10 years. I have worked with helping others in this time and I try my best to live my life the best way possible. I've put in a lot of hard work in ten years and created a good life for myself now.

Meth kills, I've buried a lot of child hood friends , to many for someone my age.ive seen first hand what it does. I also have friends now that work with drug addicts and also inmates helping rehabilitate.Most people havnt a clue what's going on, it's all around them. It gets cooked all over the place, nice hotel rooms, fancy suburbs, houses you would not think it's happening, mainly in very populated areas. It's need a new approach to tackle the problem. It affects people from all walks of life, and I wouldn't wish the addiction on my worst enemy. I've seen it destroy families from all different backgrounds. Look at rural America and the problems it caused in some places.

It's no joke. These kids pay $500 a gram and do what they have to get the money. I'm all for the police crack down on bikies as I know they are the main suppliers of it around oz. The money in it is huge. Australia does have a very big issue with meth , it needs a solution and quick. Never thought I'd be writing this on here to strangers but there you go. It is a big issue.

Good on yer mate for getting clean and for helping others that are afflcited with it's curse. Seen many of my foster kids go down the path of their parents, even after being away from 'em for 10 or moe years................genetic pre-disposition I guess.

Good on yer mate for getting clean and for helping others that are afflcited with it's curse. Seen many of my foster kids go down the path of their parents, even after being away from 'em for 10 or moe years................genetic pre-disposition I guess.

Thanks mate, it can be a vicious cycle. Sometimes family can be the worst influence . I have so much respect for foster parents and really feel for the ones I know and the things they are put through . Good on you mate, the world needs more people like you.

I cannot comment about Northbridge as i don't need to go down there, maybe we have members who do and can?

It's not that open in NB, but *stuff* is easy to get if you know what you are looking for. It's still less available than any major UK town.

The problem is the quality isn't high, it's not consistently available (you'll have droughts) and it's bloody expensive.

Generally people don't do meth/pot when out though, it's a home thing. Being out is more dexies and coke.

Also it seems to be a lot of meth here, where it was more MDMA & pills in the UK. I think it's probably because it's easier to make at home.

Archived