Malaysian Airways Jet feared crashed - 6 Australians on board

Parley

I wish! I get stopped frisked and even drug swabbed every fricking time from when I was 13! Clearly I look " the type"

I am also frisked almost every flight, they even pick on me at Maroochydore. I obviously fit a profile!! Little old grey haired granny!

Not funny when I used to fly as a passenger a minimum of 6 long haul flights a year, at least it's only an average of 2 long haul these days + the odd domestic flight. I do have a theory, but best not post it on an open forum.

the worst was flying from Heathrow a couple of years ago. I had had a bad fall, broken my shoulder and arm in 3 places.

first I was body frisked, then had the wand passed round me, and both times the security female did her best to make me raise my arm, and pushed the wand under my shoulder, it was impossible for me to raise my arm, I was ina lot of pain.Then the next security man decided I needed a whole body scan, and again they tried to insist I raised my arms. It was just cruel/sadistic.

I am a very experienced traveler, but I was seriously distressed by my treatment, but you know if you refuse they can refuse to let you fly.

we were traveling back to Oz via Dubai, and I can assure you there were plenty of other passengers who might have fitted a suspicious profile more than me!!!!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest The Pom Queen
I wish! I get stopped frisked and even drug swabbed every fricking time from when I was 13! Clearly I look " the type"

Me to, I think I look more guilty trying to avoid the drug swabs, as I purposely hold back until they pick someone else then I rush through

Its a difference I have noticed in both Australia and New Zealand, and its a good one, everywhere I go everyone's passport is checked regardless of nationality. The difference is in my experience, the UK will check it when you leave but inbound especially if you are arriving from a European country, they dont. Yes the UK is part of Europe but I just find that wrong.

As a frequent visitor (monthly) to KL in a previous job I can assure you that all passports are checked on arrival (you can queue for over an hour if several flights land close together) and they also do index finger scanning so speculation on Malaysian security as a cause of this tragedy is unfair until FACTS are known.

I am also frisked almost every flight, they even pick on me at Maroochydore. I obviously fit a profile!! Little old grey haired granny!

Not funny when I used to fly as a passenger a minimum of 6 long haul flights a year, at least it's only an average of 2 long haul these days + the odd domestic flight. I do have a theory, but best not post it on an open forum.

the worst was flying from Heathrow a couple of years ago. I had had a bad fall, broken my shoulder and arm in 3 places.

first I was body frisked, then had the wand passed round me, and both times the security female did her best to make me raise my arm, and pushed the wand under my shoulder, it was impossible for me to raise my arm, I was ina lot of pain.Then the next security man decided I needed a whole body scan, and again they tried to insist I raised my arms. It was just cruel/sadistic.

I am a very experienced traveler, but I was seriously distressed by my treatment, but you know if you refuse they can refuse to let you fly.

we were traveling back to Oz via Dubai, and I can assure you there were plenty of other passengers who might have fitted a suspicious profile more than me!!!!

Hey, et, they pick on me in the grey haired old granny profile too - I can, of course, kill someone 7 ways with my knitting needles but they don't seem to bother with them! I am always swabbed for explosives at Canberra (they did confiscate a small pair of needlework scissors I had inadvertently overlooked one time!) and I had the full body x-Ray at Heathrow once (was standing in the wrong place I guess). The PC nature of it all so that they waste time on little old ladies like me when they could be targeting limited resources to more likely profilees does irritate!

Maybe they've came across a sneaky old granny in the past lol. There's been times before when we've been waved through aswell. I've been frisked before and the beeper thing has went off a lot. Dave got dusted in Florida aswell, i used to joke that it was because he looked dodgy

The tickets used by the 2 passengers with stolen passports were bought together. So they were together.

Whether they were terrorists we don't know yet but looking that way to me.

But they also had booked onward flights...from Beijing to two separate European destinations. No point in doing that if you were expecting to blow up your plane over the South China Sea.

Sorry, Sir Les. :notworthy: We're just normal human beings....gossip and speculation is part of our DNA.

It's normal human behaviour to postulate solutions to problems. That's what leads to inventions and progress. I'm not sure you can or should stop people trying to solve problems. Everyone here has kept within the bounds of decency and I am sure everyone is thinking about those passengers and their families. That's why we all need answers as it seems so senseless.

But no one has claimed responsibility...and there's no point in committing an act of terrorism unless you draw attention to your grievances. The propaganda aspect is the most important to terrorists.

They know that the Chinese know who they are. No one claimed responsibility for the attack in Tiananmen Square last October that killed five people and injured scores more or the the stabbing massacre last week.

Edited by Lambethlad

They know that the Chinese know who they are. No one claimed responsibility for the attack in Tiananmen Square last October that killed five people and injured scores more or the the stabbing massacre last week.

They were on Chinese territory and the identity of the groups involved were known, so there can be no doubt. But if the main airline of another country is the target then nothing is certain. Brand Malaysia suffers more than Brand China out of this.

But no one has claimed responsibility...and there's no point in committing an act of terrorism unless you draw attention to your grievances. The propaganda aspect is the most important to terrorists.

The Chinese know what and confirmed by what source?

But they also had booked onward flights...from Beijing to two separate European destinations. No point in doing that if you were expecting to blow up your plane over the South China Sea.

China doesn't allow people a visa to enter China unless they hold an onward flight out of China.

I think you will find that if a passport is reported as lost or stolen its number will be recorded in a database of stolen passports. And it should be flagged if the passport is ever presented. Im sure this would happen in the U.S. but maybe in Malaysia their systems may not be as sophisticated.

Also Im sure if you report your passport lost or stolen and apply for a new one you will get one with a new number. And as i said if the old one is presented at airports it should set off alarms or red flags.

I thought Interpol had an international data base that listed all stolen and lost passports, I could be wrong but I remember something about this coming up during the 9/11 tragedy.

I thought Interpol had an international data base that listed all stolen and lost passports, I could be wrong but I remember something about this coming up during the 9/11 tragedy.

Yes, they do...but apparently it is frequently not used.

The Air India jet which crashed in 2010 was carrying 10 passengers with stolen passports. So even that number wasn't enough to galvanise checking authorities.

(That was a runway overshoot...no malevolence on the part of the dodgy passengers).

Edited by Skani

Dunno...I've been mistakenly quoted. it wasn't me who wrote that. T'was Lambethlad.

Guilty. The speculation is that these recent attacks are to send a message from the Xinjiang Islamic separatists to the upcoming annual meeting of the National People's Congress in China. Maybe it's just wishful thinking - I would rather it be a terrorist attack than think that modern aircraft can just fall out of the sky without so much as a distress call.

Just watching CNN, and the FBI have stated that the tickets for the people traveling on the stolen passports, were brought and paid for in cash by someone in Iran.

It just boggles my mind that it has been 3 days already, and still no sign of any part of the aircraft. Hope they find something soon, the agony of not knowing must be hard on the families of those on the flight.

Cheers

Karen