189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any GSM application is with an Adelaide team I think. Just looking at the timelines over the last few months - It is clear that 'most' have to wait a few weeks for grant, after all docs are uploaded. I'm not too worried about the waiting - as long as I get a grant by July, I'm happy (this is when we are planning to fly out)

I wish I was as cool as you, but the waiting makes me worry worry and worry one more! Prob a woman thing! Lol. I just feel like I can't start clearing house, can't get excited, def can't book our flights until we have that definite grant. We too plan to go in July. The minute we have that grant I can do a dance, scream a little, drink a glass of champagne and then get down to planning everything! Xxx

Haha - I'm just trying to 'act' like an Oz - one 'chilled dude'. I'm relaxed, but still check my phone for any e-mails every 20 minutes. I hate having to wait on other people, but it will only make me stressed, and time seems to go that much slower, always thinking about it. We'll get it.....just in time.

Yeah, when the email comes through.....much drinking and partying will need to be had....oh yes...then book flights :)

I can't have anyone else beat me to it...I'll end up owing a lot beers at this rate :) Isn't that right Vandeux :)

Haha - I'm just trying to 'act' like an Oz - one 'chilled dude'. I'm relaxed, but still check my phone for any e-mails every 20 minutes. I hate having to wait on other people, but it will only make me stressed, and time seems to go that much slower, always thinking about it. We'll get it.....just in time.

Yeah, when the email comes through.....much drinking and partying will need to be had....oh yes...then book flights :)

I can't have anyone else beat me to it...I'll end up owing a lot beers at this rate :) Isn't that right Vandeux :)

Damn straight! I will have my thirst on! Defo need a meet up when we get there. Will look forward to it!

We got a case officer which was 3 weeks exactly from application!

They emailed agent yesterday and requested a couple extra documents for my partners skilled employment. It's from 2007 to 2009 which is annoying. He left home in 2009 and most of his stuff is AWOL, we keep hassling his poor mum to search the loft for P60's, NI summaries, ANYTHING at all (we are currently in New Zealand)!! We're just trying to get references from his employers at that time.. proving difficult to track them down in all honesty, as they were sole traders with one employee who are now most likely retired.... but we'll persevere! The agent wants the stuff within 20 days so she can submit it to immi within 28... I'm hoping to have it all by early next week (wishful thinking).

Good luck to everyone waiting for the grant email!!!

We got a case officer which was 3 weeks exactly from application!

They emailed agent yesterday and requested a couple extra documents for my partners skilled employment. It's from 2007 to 2009 which is annoying. He left home in 2009 and most of his stuff is AWOL, we keep hassling his poor mum to search the loft for P60's, NI summaries, ANYTHING at all (we are currently in New Zealand)!! We're just trying to get references from his employers at that time.. proving difficult to track them down in all honesty, as they were sole traders with one employee who are now most likely retired.... but we'll persevere! The agent wants the stuff within 20 days so she can submit it to immi within 28... I'm hoping to have it all by early next week (wishful thinking).

Good luck to everyone waiting for the grant email!!!

Good news about the CO. AT least you know things can start moving along again. Hope you get all the docs you need!

Basically I got a response from my agent this morning saying something about general skilled migration and the levels of applications and that there's a limited number left so it's taking longer! Also says once they reach the limit no more will be sent out for this programme year. When does the new programme year start? I feel sick!

What does that mean?? Does this apply to everyone? Could we be waiting till july?!

Basically I got a response from my agent this morning saying something about general skilled migration and the levels of applications and that there's a limited number left so it's taking longer! Also says once they reach the limit no more will be sent out for this programme year. When does the new programme year start? I feel sick!