189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

Spincsuraj,

I notice you haven't heard anything since Jan 2013, in my opinion if the agent is not forthcoming with any information after one year then you are quite within your rights to contact the CO directly.

Also if it was me I'd be having serious words with the agent over the lack of information and probably dispensing of his/her services.

I hope you haven't paid this 'agent' too much money. Remember the agent is your 'employee' working on your behalf. Ultimately it's your application......contact the CO yourself. Good luck

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Experts/Seniors,

My application is being processed via migration agent. My agent is not very efficent in email correspondence. I have been following up with them to check with my CO for the progress of my application and found that their emails are not very communicative with the CO. I havent recevied any response from the CO after Jan 2013. I was thinking of mailing to CO to find the progress on my application. has anyone communicated with CO while appointing an authorised person on our behalf. Do you guys think if its ok to email or call up them? Pls respond.

As mentioned above...you really should be contacting your CO directly. That is an incredible amount of time to not hear anything.

What was your timeline mehman?

ACS +ve assessment: Nov 2013.

EOI accepted: 2nd Dec 2013.

Visa Lodged: 12 Dec 2013

CO assigned: 27 Jan 2013.

Meds: Feb 2013.

Needed PCCs from 3 countries so that took a while.

Finally grant on the 25th!

Edited by mehman

This is making me feel sick think I'm going to stop logging in and checking because it just ruins my day constantly seeing 'processing' each time!

If you see my timelines, I lodged my visa way back in December. Give it time, I know I was losing my mind with all the waiting, but it will work out!

Spincsuraj,

I notice you haven't heard anything since Jan 2013, in my opinion if the agent is not forthcoming with any information after one year then you are quite within your rights to contact the CO directly.

Also if it was me I'd be having serious words with the agent over the lack of information and probably dispensing of his/her services.

I hope you haven't paid this 'agent' too much money. Remember the agent is your 'employee' working on your behalf. Ultimately it's your application......contact the CO yourself. Good luck

yes CaptianC, CoolBreeze,

I spoke to the Case officer today. I rang her direct number. I had asked for the status of my application. She said my application is under active process. Since I have appointed migration agent I have to come through them for any correspondence. I had apologised for contacting directly. the response from her was its ok. Not to worry.

I am not kind getting what she meant by active processing? is my application being finalised. What do u think?

I am going crazy with this. I lodged my application in 2013 april. long long waiting,.

Oh now I feel worse reading yours spincsuraj, what the hell is taking that long? Who is your agent?

Kellie23- My agent is based in Dubai. I am having a terrible experience with them. I am unhappy but now my case is in finalization stage. Hope to hear some good news from DIBP.

Does any one know what does it mean by "Your application is under active processing". Does this mean external checks or case finalisation?

I am not sure what 'active' processing means. However, the fact you have called the CO has highlighted your case to her. I would think that you should , at the very least, be higher on her pile to do now....we hope :)

I am not sure what 'active' processing means. However, the fact you have called the CO has highlighted your case to her. I would think that you should , at the very least, be higher on her pile to do now....we hope :)

Yeah, I just hope my CO takes a quick decision on my case and i 've not informed my agent that I spoke to my CO. I dont want to get into further trouble. :). Hope everything goes well.

Hey am I reading correctly that visa processing times for a 189 skilled independent visa is 3 months? So if that's the case is that 3 months from lodgement or 3 months from meds? If it 3 months from lodgement then I should hopefully hear by mid April as we lodged mid jan. I'm just hoping this whole waiting until 1st July is absolutely worse case scenario!

Hey am I reading correctly that visa processing times for a 189 skilled independent visa is 3 months? So if that's the case is that 3 months from lodgement or 3 months from meds? If it 3 months from lodgement then I should hopefully hear by mid April as we lodged mid jan. I'm just hoping this whole waiting until 1st July is absolutely worse case scenario!

Kellie, The immi site itself says up to 12months processing for 189 applications - that is from lodgement. Don't be concerned though - most are processed much quicker....you really won't be too long now. What was the date you uploaded the final document??

Kellie, The immi site itself says up to 12months processing for 189 applications - that is from lodgement. Don't be concerned though - most are processed much quicker....you really won't be too long now. What was the date you uploaded the final document??

I think Coolbreeze is right. It will come but undoubtedly sucks that it isn't here yet.

Final doc would of been when our meds got sent through on 8th march I guess? Xx

I think Coolbreeze is right. It will come but undoubtedly sucks that it isn't here yet.

Definitely sucks especially when everyone else seems to be getting theirs. I'm obviously happy for them but it just makes me think ours has been forgotten but I'm sure it's just me being completely impatient and paranoid! Xx