189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just spoke to my agent as I completely went into panic mode! And limits def do apply to visas too. Each category has a certain number of visas allowed for that category. Then the allocation starts again as of the 1st July. So say there were 20000 189 visas left for the programme year that would then be split to per month and then the number of grants are sent out twice a month. I've been told that's the first week and the last week of the month! So now I have everything pinned on next week! Hmmmm hope I explained that ok. Worse case scenario is having to wait until 1st July x

Kellie it would seem we have the same agents haha!

Anyway, update is that yes, there are limits on issuance, but they don't apply to ALL GSM subclasses, so please don't panic. Ask your agent to contact the CO if you think you need an update on your visa.

Kellie it would seem we have the same agents haha!

Anyway, update is that yes, there are limits on issuance, but they don't apply to ALL GSM subclasses, so please don't panic. Ask your agent to contact the CO if you think you need an update on your visa.

Who ho is your agent? Did you know they send grants on the first and last weeks of the month? I didn't realise that. Xx

What subclass are you applying for?

you could share the email. Looks like it is lifted from an external source anyway. However I would anonymise it and not put your agency name etc. Just the main rhetoric.

Hey vandeux, Subclass? I just thought its a 189 visa is that the subclass. Xx

Date of Visa Application - 14 January 2014

Case officer assigned / Request for further info - 13 February 2014

Visa Grant Date - 20 March 2014

I can only imagine those still waiting are being held up by either A. points hierarchy, or B. complexity of application.

You will all get there though don't worry....

My migration agent hasn't mentioned anything about this and we applied mid February. However, we are onshore applicants in regional Australia so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Kellie23 maybe check the Occupational Ceilings on Skills Select (http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/) to see the status of your nominated occupation?

Otherwise here is the breakdown of the immigration visa plan:

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Independent Skilled migration has 44 990 places budgeted for 2013/2014.

Ours had 65 points and nothing complicated guess we are just unlucky :(

I don't think you'll be waiting much longer Kellie! I had never heard of the annual quota making a difference to anyone. Patience is key. If they haven't requested anything further, it'll just be having final checks. Don't panic!

I don't think you'll be waiting much longer Kellie! I had never heard of the annual quota making a difference to anyone. Patience is key. If they haven't requested anything further, it'll just be having final checks. Don't panic!

I agree with you Lucerad, if you check the occupation ceilings, almost none have been breached...