189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would get onto your migration agent and ask them for an update, you're paying them to do a job, they should be doing it!

We had an application in 2011 that was NEVER checked, it turned out our case officer went off on 'personal leave' for EIGHT MONTHS, and no one picked up our file... honestly it was a disaster! We ended up submitting an official complaint to the ombudsman and we were refunded all the money we spent. It's a really long story, but the moral of it, KEEP CHASING, you don't want to fall by the wayside! An email from your agent to immigration could push your file back to the top and get that all important grant email!!!

No expert but shouldn't they say 'received'? What date did you send the PCC and Meds?

That's what I would of thought! We had meds on 1st march and I had a letter from hospital saying they were uploaded to diac on the 8th march. The police checks were back before that too. So I don't bloody know what's going on!

I would get onto your migration agent and ask them for an update, you're paying them to do a job, they should be doing it!

We had an application in 2011 that was NEVER checked, it turned out our case officer went off on 'personal leave' for EIGHT MONTHS, and no one picked up our file... honestly it was a disaster! We ended up submitting an official complaint to the ombudsman and we were refunded all the money we spent. It's a really long story, but the moral of it, KEEP CHASING, you don't want to fall by the wayside! An email from your agent to immigration could push your file back to the top and get that all important grant email!!!

If I have not heard anything by Thursday morning I'm going to email my agent and say can they send an email asking what's going on? It's bad when we have spent so much money and done everything they have asked and it appears it's been forgotten about! Feeling very anxious :(

I think it depends on the team. I think we we're lucky to get team 4 - they seem pretty quick. Our meds were uploaded on 10th march and we got visa on the 12th but I think most wait longer. My agent said it would be about a month so I think maybe it is more the norm to be longer.

Kellie :hug: Big hugs the wait is horrible for you especially as you have sold and are ready to go. Contact your agent tomorrow and get some reassurance x

coolbreeze hope yours comes soon too. Did you do form 80? I am wondering if maybe that makes it take longer as they have to then pass all the info. No one asked for it from us!

Good luck everyone.

I think it depends on the team. I think we we're lucky to get team 4 - they seem pretty quick. Our meds were uploaded on 10th march and we got visa on the 12th but I think most wait longer. My agent said it would be about a month so I think maybe it is more the norm to be longer.

Kellie :hug: Big hugs the wait is horrible for you especially as you have sold and are ready to go. Contact your agent tomorrow and get some reassurance x

coolbreeze hope yours comes soon too. Did you do form 80? I am wondering if maybe that makes it take longer as they have to then pass all the info. No one asked for it from us!

Good luck everyone.

Nah I have no idea whether you do. Was wondering. Adelaide Team 8 is the notoriously slow one tho right? Think someone posted that a few weeks back?

We didn't do form 80 either. Plus my agent said 3 weeks form all docs being loaded is very normal. Therefore I wouldn't worry, it is a pain in the butt, however it is not a panic.

Nah I have no idea whether you do. Was wondering. Adelaide Team 8 is the notoriously slow one tho right? Think someone posted that a few weeks back?

We didn't do form 80 either. Plus my agent said 3 weeks form all docs being loaded is very normal. Therefore I wouldn't worry, it is a pain in the butt, however it is not a panic.

Ok so 3 weeks from the last bit would be from 8th march really so should give it until the 29th before I completely burst!

I think vandeux is right Kellie my agent said 'within a month' so I was really shocked to be so quick. I think though it is (unfortunately) luck of the draw as to who gets what team and some are just quicker than others. Hope you hear soon x

Kellie,

We are in the same boat here. Got our CO assigned in the last week of January. Needed PCCs from 3 countries so that took a while. Got our meds done on the 12th of last month, but the website still shows requested. Anyway, our agent also told us it takes about 3 weeks from the time you send them all the docs. I'm just trying to be patient at this point in time, but to be honest, I'm not calm on the inside. I can't wait to be done with this process.

We first started thinking about Oz way back in September 2011. Its been 16 months since and the process is really tiring mentally. All the best!

Still nothing this morning. Still says requested!! Just keeping you all informed. Coolbreeze anything? Mehman anything?

Maybe your CO is on annual leave or something as simple as that. Can only sympathise about how hard the waiting is x

If the website has this 'No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection' against your application, then they have received your medical reports. At this point it all boils down to the CO wrapping up the application I believe.

As someone else mentioned, 3 weeks is the norm for most people to get their PR after they submit all their documents, as per my agent.

If the website has this 'No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection' against your application, then they have received your medical reports. At this point it all boils down to the CO wrapping up the application I believe.

As someone else mentioned, 3 weeks is the norm for most people to get their PR after they submit all their documents, as per my agent.

Hey I have just logged back on and it says the above! So if this is right they def have everything and we are literally waiting on CO putting me out of this miserable waiting game ahhhhhhhhh

Yeah Kellie, I've seen this information on other forums as well. Also, my agent, whom I trust, assured me that its a roundabout way of the DIAC telling us that its been received. I've decided to stop worrying now. haha, nothing more we can do once we've done everything! :biggrin:

Edited by mehman