Bin shocker outrage

Chortlepuss

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I would be a bit annoyed if someone was rude enough to put stuff in our bins without asking - especially if they had just moved into the area and didn't know us.

I wouldn't go over and say anything to them but I would wonder about the type of people they were and would be wondering what else they might do without asking.

I too wouldn't like if someone stuck something in our bin/recycling bag/box without first asking. Like someone else mentioned what if she was going to put more in in the morning (she's old you say so likely an early riser)?

I think if you can't fit it in your own then take it down to a local recycling centre yourself, wait till next weeks collection, or if you really have to ask the neighbour if it's ok! If you can't get hold of her due to it being so late them maybe don't put it in, I would personally have had words too as you are new she probably thinks you're taking the Micky a bit. :-/

My friend happened to write an almost identical post on fb the other day and I said the same!

I think I would be a bit annoyed if someone was rude enough to put stuff in our bins without asking - especially if they had just moved into the area and didn't know us.

I wouldn't go over and say anything to them but I would wonder about the type of people they were and would be wondering what else they might do without asking.

I have this all the time,somebody is launching loads of whisky and beer bottles in my bin,i know i cant get thru that many,bas7ards...

I have this all the time,somebody is launching loads of whisky and beer bottles in my bin,i know i cant get thru that many,bas7ards...

That bas7ard has been down this neck of the woods too :mad:

I have to say I don't understand the posters who believe the OP is rude or should have asked first. Perhaps someone can explain. If the bins are outside the property ready for collection and have available space without inconveniencing the primary user, why not use it? The refuse will be local government property within a matter of hours. If a neighbour arrived at my door and began berating me, I'd close the door on them and ignore, life is too short for dealing with these kind of people and their ridiculous social nuances.

If sum1 came to me and asked to put stuff in my bin..I'd think them a bit weird..just do it..its a bin..I dnt care..if u fill it so much I cant get my own rubbish in I'll just pop mine in another neighbors bin! Ive always just seen bins as council property, in my old street we just used to all use each others if needed..rather that than all over the road or fly tipping..as long as its disposed of properly who cares...but ive never had bin problems..I think ppl who care have probably been bin bitten in the past! I wouldnt do it now that ive read this. .I had no idea their was a bin etiquette..maybe my last neighbors secretly hated me n I had no idea!

I have to say I don't understand the posters who believe the OP is rude or should have asked first. Perhaps someone can explain. If the bins are outside the property ready for collection and have available space without inconveniencing the primary user, why not use it? The refuse will be local government property within a matter of hours. If a neighbour arrived at my door and began berating me, I'd close the door on them and ignore, life is too short for dealing with these kind of people and their ridiculous social nuances.

Captain, sensible thing to do is ask first especially if you just moved in. what it the bins get collected say midday maybe she had a load to put in later ......I know what your saying its just a bin but it is someone else`s bin at the end of the day ......

Hahaha bin etiquette - would have to be the same as skip etiquette I would imagine. Last time I had a skip I was trying to think up ways of sitting up all night and scaring my neighbours to death when they loaded up my skip!!!! People see an empty skip and think whey hey here we go let's dig out all our old stuff and get rid of it. I didn't get half the stuff I wanted to in my skip because my neighbours had dumped all theirs in it!

I know a few off my neighbours, but to be honest I could never just throw something in their bin without asking!! I mean I have asked a couple off times as they have which as been no problem at all , but at 11pm at night I guess you have a point about the time, did you tell the neighbour it was late at night and you didn't think they would mind or it was too late to ask, maybe just clear the air, if she is an older lady she may be set in her ways or just be pedantic as some people have said, but I wouldn't let it ruin being and having a good neighbour!! maybe try clear the air x

Hahaha bin etiquette - would have to be the same as skip etiquette I would imagine. Last time I had a skip I was trying to think up ways of sitting up all night and scaring my neighbours to death when they loaded up my skip!!!! People see an empty skip and think whey hey here we go let's dig out all our old stuff and get rid of it. I didn't get half the stuff I wanted to in my skip because my neighbours had dumped all theirs in it!

Skip etiquette is different to bin etiquette IMO. Skip licences & hire come in over £100. I remember being quite protective over my skip & gave the evil eye to anyone gazing at it with ill intent:dull:.

I can't believe I've got nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon than discuss bins, haha....I need to get a life!

I know a few off my neighbours, but to be honest I could never just throw something in their bin without asking!! I mean I have asked a couple off times as they have which as been no problem at all , but at 11pm at night I guess you have a point about the time, did you tell the neighbour it was late at night and you didn't think they would mind or it was too late to ask, maybe just clear the air, if she is an older lady she may be set in her ways or just be pedantic as some people have said, but I wouldn't let it ruin being and having a good neighbour!! maybe try clear the air x

your just a lovely person all round , would love to meet you one day .............:yes:

Tbh it wouldnt bother me people putting stuff in me bin if it wasnt full(good luck with the bottle bin:biggrin:),but im like that,once i had a cpl from Kirkby move in next to me,i purposely used to leave socks out on the washing line for them to rob,so they felt at home:wubclub:

Tbh it wouldnt bother me people putting stuff in me bin if it wasnt full(good luck with the bottle bin:biggrin:),but im like that,once i had a cpl from Kirkby move in next to me,i purposely used to leave socks out on the washing line for them to rob,so they felt at home:wubclub:

ok if I was your neighbour and a scouser not a Manc , if I kept putting dog poo un bagged in your bin , would you think differently , it would stink , hence why I discard my chicken bone at my MILs ........you would have to say something then, surely

Archived