Man Arrested in Madeline mcnann case

Guest The Pom Queen

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/british-police-8216arrest-man-over-the-2007-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann8217/story-fni0xs61-1226739118731

BRITISH detectives investigating the 2007 disappearance of Madeleine McCann in Portugal have reportedly arrested a man and raided his home. Britain's Sunday Mirror, which last week featured claims from a lawyer who insisted a man he met at a party had seen the missing child on an island in the Mediterranean, now says an arrest has been made.

The paper is reporting that a man has been arrested by Greater Manchester Police and computers from a private home were seized.

"The arrest only happened as a result of a claim that Madeleine may still be alive," a source said to be close to the missing girl's family told the paper.

I did wonder why they're putting it on Crimewatch again this week. I just hope that, if she is alive, this latest publicity doesn't compromise her safety.

I agree about the Ben Needham case. There was a documentary on about him a while ago and his poor mother is still so anguished (as we all would be). It's heartbreaking, but there were 16 years between the cases and procedures and policing have obviously changed in that time. Ben's case is still open too.

Its not widely published in the UK, a brief article with little info or facts in the Mirror but there are significant articles relating to the Crimewatch appeal airing tomorrow.

Whilst I hope there are developments I wouldn't believe anything unless its covered by a more respectable news source.

I hope she is safe and well but the poor girl will have such a difficult time dealing with the situation.

Guest The Pom Queen
Its not widely published in the UK, a brief article with little info or facts in the Mirror but there are significant articles relating to the Crimewatch appeal airing tomorrow.

Whilst I hope there are developments I wouldn't believe anything unless its covered by a more respectable news source.

I hope she is safe and well but the poor girl will have such a difficult time dealing with the situation.

Hey for us the Herald sun is a respectable news source, well as respectable as they can come.

Hey for us the Herald sun is a respectable news source, well as respectable as they can come.

Didn't they just quote the Daily Mirror story though?

Britain's Sunday Mirror, which last week featured claims from a lawyer who insisted a man he met at a party had seen the missing child on an island in the Mediterranean, now says an arrest has been made.

The Crimewatch report is supposedly to publish the UK police confirmation that the "timeline" given about the night of the disappearance is now wrong. This is the timeline between 8.30pm and 10pm.

How, with hundreds of thousands of hours of investigation and thousands of hours of TV coverage and interviews with the parents, can that possibly be discovered now, 7 years later? Somebody has lied about something significant and been caught out.

Maybe this was the time they were said to have been left alone with no one checking on them? Maybe whoever last checked on them got their times wrong? Maybe it was less?

The mc canns and their friends always insisted the children were checked on every half hour ? ......if they have now admitted that wasnt the case ? .......

I feel really sorry for the Mccanns , but who in all honestly would leave their kids sleeping alone, whilst they went out for a meal .....

sorry , but its unthinkable

Surely , someone could have been a designated babysitter each night

They are saying he was arrested for other reasons, photos on computer etc. I mean think about it, how many young children look like her, our memories are not good enough to know if we do or do not see her and the time she has been gone means memories change.

I honestly cannot see that she is still with us. Its terrible but unfortunately she is not the only small child who is missing and there are many cases that are never solved which do not get this much publicity.

They are saying he was arrested for other reasons, photos on computer etc. I mean think about it, how many young children look like her, our memories are not good enough to know if we do or do not see her and the time she has been gone means memories change.

I honestly cannot see that she is still with us. Its terrible but unfortunately she is not the only small child who is missing and there are many cases that are never solved which do not get this much publicity.

Just saw this yesterday - there is indeed hope to solve "cold cases", in this one the girl had been finally identified after 22 years and her killer was arrested.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/12/justice/new-york-cold-case-baby-hope/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

my personal opinion is that Madeline isn`t alive but I wish I was wrong

Just saw this yesterday - there is indeed hope to solve "cold cases", in this one the girl had been finally identified after 22 years and her killer was arrested.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/12/justice/new-york-cold-case-baby-hope/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

my personal opinion is that Madeline isn`t alive but I wish I was wrong

How could that sicko and his sister sleep at night for 22 years.... Makes me sick....

Recent cases in America where girls were kidnapped and held for over a decade before escaping show that it is possible she is still alive.

She may have been sold off to a family who are bringing her up as their daughter.

Hopefully we find out the truth one day, but like her parents we shouldn't give up hope.

Archived