A Week To go!

Candygirl

Cannot believe we only have a week left to go.

Our move from Spain was stressful getting out of the system with the paperwork and getting the house ready for our new tenants. Half an hour before we were due to leave the fridge freezer packed up and we had to dash to the shops, order a new one and unbelievably for Spain, it was delivered and fitted within the hour.

As a surprise our friends had flown to Spain from the UK to say goodbye. We were shocked to say the least and could not believe how they managed to organise it and keep it from us. We had a lovely time with them. The goodbyes were not as bad as expected, we managed to keep it together, but our neighbours were very upset and could not hold back, which was sad to see. Of course, we have the family to say goodbye to at the end of the week and we know that won't be easy at all. We have a family dinner organised for Thurs as our goddaughter is going away for the weekend, I will need to keep strong for her.

The Hooligans were good on the ferry from Bilbao and they both slept soundly in the pet friendly cabin. They are loving the cooler weather in the UK at the moment and both had a dip in my Dad's fish pond as soon as they arrived! We soon realised that we were no longer in Spain and how long it took for a dog to dry in this climate:err:.

Whites came on Friday to take all of our possessions and were excellent and we could not fault the men who turned up. We had booked a self pack and they were there to just collect, but they felt that a couple of my items were not packed sufficiently and took the time to re-pack them for us. If we had our time again, we would pay the shippers to pack everything. We did not have a choice as we moved from Spain, but we totally underestimated the amount of work that goes into maintaining that boxes are sealed properly and that the furniture is not just wrapped, but sealed as well. Having said that, Whites thought for self packers we had done a good job, which was good to hear and such a relief.

We are taking the next week to re-pack our suitcases. We have 50 kgs each so I think we should be OK. OH is sending his tools by air freight. Also, just have some last minute paperwork to sort out in the UK and are pretty much there. Friends in Perth are getting ready for our arrival. I think they are more excited to see the chocolate parcel than us:biggrin:.

If we don't manage to get on before we leave, we will see you on the Other Side!

Lorraine xx