Australia is brown and flat and boring, I miss Englands rolling fields of green

wolvesaussie

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A group of us cycled round Rottnest in January. Totally stunning. Reminded me of the Maldives

Do they still have those 'bike buses'? We hired one of those when the kids were little, baby in the basket bit at the front. Great fun, but really did make your thighs burn!!

There is an entertainment book for all areas and the savings are well worth the cost of the book. We use the Sunshine Coast one, and several of us go out for meals together all with a voucher so 2 meals often for the price of 1. Had a few mixed reactions from the the restaurant, but we aren't doing anything wrong, but have had the occasional comment that it should only be 1 voucher per table, but it doesn't state that anywhere.

Really recommend buying them.

There is an entertainment book for all areas and the savings are well worth the cost of the book. We use the Sunshine Coast one, and several of us go out for meals together all with a voucher so 2 meals often for the price of 1. Had a few mixed reactions from the the restaurant, but we aren't doing anything wrong, but have had the occasional comment that it should only be 1 voucher per table, but it doesn't state that anywhere.

Really recommend buying them.

I use mine all the time. Very handy in Gold Coast and Sunshine coast too.

Good way of trying new places out if it has a BOGOF voucher

Just so I can't be accused by a WA poster of only posting "tropical" stuff, a couple of photos I took a couple of days ago of north western Qld......certainly brown, but not flat or boring.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20799[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20800[/ATTACH]

Can you suss out any good fishing pools for me, please, Sir Les??:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Hmmm, whats this then.... Went for a drive with my girlfriend today, shes learning to drive so we just headed North from our Melbourne Suburb and half an hour later....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20706[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20707[/ATTACH]

Ohh and this was yesterday, so boring..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20708[/ATTACH]

i dont know , is it ?......just been to berlin ..krakow ....warsaw ......vienna ...budapest and prague ... ....hope all is well in oz ....if its brown , hope you get some rain...if its green ...good

Just so I can't be accused by a WA poster of only posting "tropical" stuff, a couple of photos I took a couple of days ago of north western Qld......certainly brown, but not flat or boring.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20799[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20800[/ATTACH]

Really ..? There's probably a good few hundred square KMS of absolutely nothing in them pictures.. Not quite a good family day out

Really ..? There's probably a good few hundred square KMS of absolutely nothing in them pictures.. Not quite a good family day out

Oh, I dunno, for lotsa families it is worth a few weeks' holidays.

Ya just gotta love the vastness, the isolation, the sense of peace and tranquillity etc. etc. Some people can take it in big doses...:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Oh, I dunno, for lotsa families it is worth a few weeks' holidays.

Ya just gotta love the vastness, the isolation, the sense of peace and tranquillity etc. etc. Some people can take it in big doses...:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

A few weeks holiday in them pictures...??? Come on bob I think family's would rather holiday at Disney world

Archived