190 Visa lodged 1st August 2013

DonnaC

I could wait to know so I rang DIAC in the middle of the night. I was informed that we have had a CO since the 26/9 which is fantastic news. It took 6 weeks and 1 day from lodgement not the 5 weeks they state but at least we're being processed now.

We're up to the 6 week wait mark tomorrow, so fingers crossed we hear something soon too!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have filed on 28th Aug... Still waiting for CO... haven't got medicals and PCC will probably start it now... I think their has been some delay as mine is over 6 weeks... probably some back log or number of applicants increased after new quota's from Aug..

Hi Sady

our lodgment dates very close . We should keep in touch and update each other about any information .

Thanks

just spoke to DIAC they told me that they have allocated a CO to my case ,but they wont give me any info about my application coz i have applied through an agent .then i talked to my agent he said you might have a CO,But they haven't opened my file yet ,once they will open the file they will let my agent know.My agent told me that they are taking 6-7 weeks now for processing.

I don't know how much more time i will hv to wait ,,this wait is killing me......

just spoke to DIAC they told me that they have allocated a CO to my case ,but they wont give me any info about my application coz i have applied through an agent .then i talked to my agent he said you might have a CO,But they haven't opened my file yet ,once they will open the file they will let my agent know.My agent told me that they are taking 6-7 weeks now for processing.

I don't know how much more time i will hv to wait ,,this wait is killing me......

Yes this wait is killing many of us...please update your signature so that we can know your timelines

Hi Flatpack, have you or your partner filled FORM 1221 (very simillar to FORM 80) before you are asked to upload form 80? in my partner's checklist online, he is required to fill FORM 1221, while, myself as the main applicant, no FORM 80 or 1221 is required.

Generally, when FORM 80 is required, that is very good sign, visa is on the way. :)

Finally had some correspondence from my CO :biggrin: asking for Form 80. They will have it today!

Anyone know if that's it then? Nervous now!!!!

This wait is so frustrating. I dont understand what is taking them so long. everything is cleared from my end. Yet the CO is taking so long for the decision. It might be because of the new government tht got elected. Many projects were halted because of them.

i feel the same! we havent heard from CO since they requsted some additional docs on the 30/09.......stressed isn't the word :(

Hi Flatpack, have you or your partner filled FORM 1221 (very simillar to FORM 80) before you are asked to upload form 80? in my partner's checklist online, he is required to fill FORM 1221, while, myself as the main applicant, no FORM 80 or 1221 is required.

Generally, when FORM 80 is required, that is very good sign, visa is on the way. :)

Filled Form 1221 for my partner, I didn't need it as the main applicant. Form 80 is very much a copy of 1221 but asks for travel details from the last 10 years. Where the hell am I supposed to get that from?

thank you for reply. first of all, you may seek your travel records with your airline company (usually we have member card of that company), they may keep a record. besides, you may check your passport, page by page, to summarize your travel records. but it is of coz time consuming.

as you mentioned, your partner filled only 1221, and you only fill 80 form. am i right?

Filled Form 1221 for my partner, I didn't need it as the main applicant. Form 80 is very much a copy of 1221 but asks for travel details from the last 10 years. Where the hell am I supposed to get that from?

thank you for reply. first of all, you may seek your travel records with your airline company (usually we have member card of that company), they may keep a record. besides, you may check your passport, page by page, to summarize your travel records. but it is of coz time consuming.

as you mentioned, your partner filled only 1221, and you only fill 80 form. am i right?

Form 1221 is for everyone over 16 except the principle visa applicant and form 80 is for everyone over 16 including the principle applicant.

I have flown with many different airlines and when travelling in Europe they don't stamp your passport.

thank you very much.

Form 1221 is for everyone over 16 except the principle visa applicant and form 80 is for everyone over 16 including the principle applicant.

I have flown with many different airlines and when travelling in Europe they don't stamp your passport.

still waiting....i am going to stop worrying about it now and we are flying out on a holiday visa next week so i expect our visa will b granted whilst we are there! i rang immi and they said all meds finalised etc so not sure of the hold up but we are going to enjoy our last few days here and look forward to the email when it happens lol

my hubbys medical link changed today to ' no further examinations required', yay! 9 days after ours cleared...was expecting to wait longer but we must have a case officer looking at our case:biggrin:

The MOD must have cleared it! That's even faster than mine! I was told 8 weeks by my agent. They don't know everything!

still waiting....i am going to stop worrying about it now and we are flying out on a holiday visa next week so i expect our visa will b granted whilst we are there! i rang immi and they said all meds finalised etc so not sure of the hold up but we are going to enjoy our last few days here and look forward to the email when it happens lol

Enjoy them! Can't wait until we are at that point! Which team is your case allocated to?