190 Visa lodged 1st August 2013

DonnaC

team 4 adelaide. the immi agent was very nice and said "im going to put you through to your case officer so you can have a chat with him as i see your meds are finalised etc" so....he put me through but no answer so i left a message then a few hours later i get an email saying that he isn't going to look at further docs he requsted until after the 28 days have expired. not sure why but never mind, my agent said that CO will know we are already in oz as it is all to do with passports etc so we are just going to enjoy ourselves a little and hopefully when we least expect it we will get our golden email. :)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

team 4 adelaide. the immi agent was very nice and said "im going to put you through to your case officer so you can have a chat with him as i see your meds are finalised etc" so....he put me through but no answer so i left a message then a few hours later i get an email saying that he isn't going to look at further docs he requsted until after the 28 days have expired. not sure why but never mind, my agent said that CO will know we are already in oz as it is all to do with passports etc so we are just going to enjoy ourselves a little and hopefully when we least expect it we will get our golden email. :)

that seems strange. I hope mine doesn't do that! We have 35 days before we will not be able to get there for Christmas. Hoping not to cut it too fine!

very frustrating for us really as don't see the point in holding back....you would have thought they would want to move onto the next case. why 35 days?

We have to give 4 weeks notice at work and to fly in the 17 th December that is the date we would need to hand our notices in. Don't wanna travel any closer to Christmas for my daughters sake. We have team 8 adelaide. I have heard they are slow but I'm hoping that's just people speculating!

Good News,,,,,,,Just got email from my agent that my CO has assigned and they have asked for Medical.

But i had done medicals on 06/08/2013 for my student visa which is also valid for my 190 visa.

I have sent the details to my agents let see how it goes.

I know that temp visa medicals aren't valid but if you provide you HAP ID then they will be able to check if it's sufficient.

I haven't heard anything yet... shall i call them on Monday or wait? next week is mostly of our side so probably i should wait as can't get any proceedings even if CO gets assigned and ask for documents. .. i have tough initiated PCC today for me n wify n filled in medical forms haven't got appointment yet.. can anyone suggest Form 26 and and Form 160 are enough for medicals or need any thing else as well? I have 2 kids 3 years n 6 months.. do i need to fill the forms for them as well?

I am filing 190 visa..

I haven't heard anything yet... shall i call them on Monday or wait? next week is mostly of our side so probably i should wait as can't get any proceedings even if CO gets assigned and ask for documents. .. i have tough initiated PCC today for me n wify n filled in medical forms haven't got appointment yet.. can anyone suggest Form 26 and and Form 160 are enough for medicals or need any thing else as well? I have 2 kids 3 years n 6 months.. do i need to fill the forms for them as well?

I am filing 190 visa..

You need your HAP ID to book medicals from your evisa link organise your medicals. You need one for each applicant

We got our 'Golden Letter' today...exactly after 1 month of lodging our application...cant express our happiness...

Wish others get a speedy grant too....:biggrin:

ohhh wowww, that's great, really happy for u... I am also with Team 4 & applied 2 months earlier than you but you are more luckier person that u recieved your grant very soon :-) may i know r u directly delaing your case or through an agent? also please advise if you had asked your CO regarding progress of your case or he directly sent the grant to u with out asking? i am asking this so that i may predict about my outcomes & adopt approach like you. i have also planned to go to WA :-) keep in touch.

congrats maimenon,

Just wanted to know do u have any dependants in your application? mine is Adelaide team 4 too and lodged my application was lodged on the 9th of august still no response

Thank you...I am the secondary applicant and my 8 months old daughter and myself are dependents on my husband who is the main applicant. From which country are you applying and have you tried getting in touch with CO to understand the delay?

ohhh wowww, that's great, really happy for u... I am also with Team 4 & applied 2 months earlier than you but you are more luckier person that u recieved your grant very soon :-) may i know r u directly delaing your case or through an agent? also please advise if you had asked your CO regarding progress of your case or he directly sent the grant to u with out asking? i am asking this so that i may predict about my outcomes & adopt approach like you. i have also planned to go to WA :-) keep in touch.

Hi Tasneem.....I applied through an agent...No our agent did not get in touch with CO at all and our grant came to us directly as soon as we cleared our medicals...we did not even know we had a CO until end of 6 weeks....we only received just 1 email from our CO saying that our case is being handled by him/her.

India too falls under high risk country but we do not go through external checks until unless we have lived/traveled to other high risk countries...your case might be delayed due to your external checks.....by the way have you cleared your medicals?

Hi Tasneem.....I applied through an agent...No our agent did not get in touch with CO at all and our grant came to us directly as soon as we cleared our medicals...we did not even know we had a CO until end of 6 weeks....we only received just 1 email from our CO saying that our case is being handled by him/her. India too falls under high risk country but we do not go through external checks until unless we have lived/traveled to other high risk countries...your case might be delayed due to your external checks.....by the way have you cleared your medicals?
Dear Maimenon: my medical was done on 28th August & i never knew about my medial clearance coz my agnet never contacted to my CO about the progress & my CO also didnt contact us regarding my medical clearance.... can you please tell me how did you know that your medicals are reffered?

Dear Maimenon: my medical was done on 28th August & i never knew about my medial clearance coz my agnet never contacted to my CO about the progress & my CO also didnt contact us regarding my medical clearance.... can you please tell me how did you know that your medicals are reffered?

Hi Tasneem....your agent must have given you your evisa log in details...if you have the details then log in to your account and under name DIAC will mention 'that no medicals are required for this person based on the information provided to DIAC'. If this message appears then you have cleared your medicals and if the link to your organize your medicals still exists even after you have given your medicals then it means that your medicals have been referred.....hope this helps....

Your agent should share all the details with you.

You need your HAP ID to book medicals from your evisa link organise your medicals. You need one for each applicant

Hi Samulv,

Thanks for info, what is HAP ID and how do u get it? I have filed the case on 28th Aug and then have slowly uploaded the documents I could except PCC and Medicals.. I have filled in forms form 26 & 160 for all applicants but HAP ID is something new for me. Shall i proceed with medicals or wait for CO .. Its already been more than 7 weeks and no news.. Thinking to schedule medical by end of this month in either case ... Any suggestions?

Hi Samulv,

Thanks for info, what is HAP ID and how do u get it? I have filed the case on 28th Aug and then have slowly uploaded the documents I could except PCC and Medicals.. I have filled in forms form 26 & 160 for all applicants but HAP ID is something new for me. Shall i proceed with medicals or wait for CO .. Its already been more than 7 weeks and no news.. Thinking to schedule medical by end of this month in either case ... Any suggestions?

On your evisa page there is a link that says organise your health examination underneath each applicant. When u click on it there is a health questionnaire to fill out. Once this is done it gives you a referral letter. On the top of the letter is a HAP ID. you need to do this for each individual person on your application including children.

Whether or not you do them before waiting for CO is up to you. The date you have to enter Australia is based on the dates of your medical and your PCC. we did ours before CO because we are leaving as soon as we get the visa. If you want time it is best to wait for CO. Hope this helps.

How are we all doing guys? any visas yet?

we got our police checks thro...and have passed our medicals....mine is with CO but Pauls has disapeared!! so not sure what happens now, just waiting for it to turn up i suppose!!! :(

Great news on the police checks. I was told if diac don't receive the medical you should upload the receipt and they will chase it. No visa yet. CO requested more employment evidence for my husband and we sent it the same day. We have adelaide team 8 and on all the forums they say they are the slowest to grant! Just my luck! A few people on other forums are not in any rush - some not landing until the day they have to and we get the slow team! Christmas is looking more and more out of reach. :sad: Which team are you with?

eeeeeek is this actually happening!! cant believe its finally happening to us!!

it all started, for me 10 years ago with a WHV to aus, its taken me such a long time to get my boyf to aus, then a trip 2 yrs ago had him as in love as me!!

Started the whole visa process on Oct 10th 2012 (my sisters 30th birthday and 3 months after finding out my best mate had breast cancer and me deciding life was WAYYYYY to short to waste wondering what if) a migration agent (who is amazing) 3 IELTS tests, many worried moments and telling some family and friends and its getting soooo much closer!!

so Much has happened in the past yr, and im sooooo luck that my family are, in general, only telling me positive and happy thoughts for me!!!

Looking forward to hearing your stories!!!!

Donna, Paul (& Bailey the Springer Spaniel!!) :):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Aww wow life is to short, and u dont want to have have regrets, even if after a couple of years you cone bk at least you have tried it and lived abit, we are in exactly the same boat, my hubby passed is IELTS awhile ago now and passed his skills test in sept, just got the results in the post that all passes, were doing ours our self tho, not sure how long it will take for our visas to get granted were applying for 190 visa for wa, will we need to get family/friends ref also? were married with 2children? also quick question about bailey are u taking him with you? we have our adorable cockapoo buster who we did plan to take with us straight away but think we are going to wait until we get settled makesure we love it b4 we pay all that money to ship him over, he will stay with my mum, we are going for a hol on 8th nov its all exciting isnt it x

also can u book ur medicals now?? or do we wait until we get told to? thanks x

Hi Rachel

Booking your meds depends on how long you want to validate your visa. The date for validation depends on your meds and PCC date. If u want plenty of time after your grant before you have to enter Australia then wait for your CO. if you want your grant ASAP then get them done before CO asks for them. All depends on what you want with regards to timescale. I want to be there by Xmas so I did mine before they were requested. Some people want as long as possible after grant to sort things out so they wait. Totally up to you! Hope this helps!

Edited by Samulv

thankyou that does help, we dont plan on going until next year anyway, just want our visas done so dont have to worry , once thats done we can start sorting everything out this end ready for the big move, we have passed the tests so thats the hard bit done its just u dont believe its going to happen until we have our visas granted, because we dont have an agent either, were doing it our selfs so thats another worry,thanks for ur helpx

hi nikki, my hubby is sorting out the visa side of things and just keeping me updated so sorry if i dont make sense, ha. because we are going on his skills, he is going as a plumber just passed both tests, and we didnt even no we had to put in EOI in ourselfs thought we had to wait to get invited to, so mu hubby is doing this tomoz, we are applying for wa visa x