190 Visa lodged 1st August 2013

DonnaC

Rachel, first you put in your EOI and then you will receive a state sponsorship application after a few days, if you are successful they will give you a visa invite. Once you lodge the visa (and pay the big money!) and your application is on the system, then you can go ahead and book medicals. We aren't using an agent either so have been finding our way using this website and others to research what to do. Just ask if you have any other questions

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Maimenon,

I am applying from india. I contacted my CO when my medicals were not cleared I didnt get any reply from her. Its been more than a month I got allocated a CO she didnt send any further coresspondence after requesting my medicals. My agent says he can only send her reminder once in 4 weeks even though she doesnt reply. what do I do can any one please help

Can anybody please tell me how we can check the progress of a application.i have lodged my file (190 )through a agent.when I tried to check through Evisa it did not work. In skill select it doesn't give any other information about the processing of my case.it just tell that application has lodged.pls help if u can.

Thanks

singhperth, on the page where you log in to skillsellect (you don't need to actually log in though), on the right hand side there is a list of things, one of them is 'continue a saved online visa application', click this then it will take you to the page where you will have to put in your TRN number and password. If you are using an agent you will have to ask them to give you these details though.

singhperth, on the page where you log in to skillsellect (you don't need to actually log in though), on the right hand side there is a list of things, one of them is 'continue a saved online visa application', click this then it will take you to the page where you will have to put in your TRN number and password. If you are using an agent you will have to ask them to give you these details though.

Thanks for the info,,,

Today we had a surprise email, our visas have been granted :jiggy: we never heard from our case officer and I was thinking I would at least be asked to do form 80 but no...VISA GRANTED! good luck to those still waiting. It turns out we were allocated to Adelaide team 2 by the way.

Today we had a surprise email, our visas have been granted :jiggy: we never heard from our case officer and I was thinking I would at least be asked to do form 80 but no...VISA GRANTED! good luck to those still waiting. It turns out we were allocated to Adelaide team 2 by the way.

congratulations!

Wow congratulations!!!

Fingers crossed we might be in the same boat too soon. We heard back from our agents yesterday that our case worker is now ready for our police checks (after nearly 7 weeks of hearing nowt), medicals, and bloody form 80s (booooooooo). We've got the medicals booked for Monday and I'm posting the ACRO stuff in the morning, so do you know how long it takes to get the police checks back? I'm presuming that the medical examiner will send everything electronically because the clinic is registered for that service. Can't wait to get it all sorted! I'm sat on a deckchair in an empty living room ready to move out the house tomorrow, so it's all go, ha ha!

Thanks in advance if anyone can advise on the time for the police checks to come back :biggrin:

Congrats

rickandange, our police checks took around 2 weeks to come back. we werent using an agent so did medicals and pcc's before we got allocated a case officer, i was expecting to be asked for form 80 (almost did it anyway but changed my mind when i saw it!!) but never got contacted at all, they must have been satisfied we had attached enough evidence. we arent going out until may so got a bit of time to sort stuff out. good luck x

rickandange, our police checks took around 2 weeks to come back. we werent using an agent so did medicals and pcc's before we got allocated a case officer, i was expecting to be asked for form 80 (almost did it anyway but changed my mind when i saw it!!) but never got contacted at all, they must have been satisfied we had attached enough evidence. we arent going out until may so got a bit of time to sort stuff out. good luck x

That's brill thanks. I'm not sure if the CO has actually asked for the form 80s, or if our agent is getting us to do one each just in case - either way we've got to fill them in (all 18 pages of it) :dull:!

We're only going out next June we think (providing we get a visa that is), so we've got a bit of time too. Well done again getting yours in the bag though.

Congratulations! We have submitted all our evidence now and we are still waiting. We have Adelaide team 8. We have heard they are very slow but our case officer was replying to my agents emails quickly so hoping she isn't slow! How long after you submitted additional evidence did u get the grant?

its only been about 2-3 weeks, so i didnt think they were slow at all.

i was told team 4, who i had, were slow, well if thats slow then who knows what the rest are like :)

our biggest issue was that pauls medical was 'missing' for the best part of a week, then suddenly we get the e mail saying visa granted, when I was expecting an e mail saying Paul had to redo his medical.

so chuffed. still cant believe it.

now paul gets to tell his folks.....ha ha

my agent only give me my EOI ID and password, he said the Department has not yet introduced any online checking service for the processing status on lodged Skillselect visa application.

its only been about 2-3 weeks, so i didnt think they were slow at all.

i was told team 4, who i had, were slow, well if thats slow then who knows what the rest are like :)

our biggest issue was that pauls medical was 'missing' for the best part of a week, then suddenly we get the e mail saying visa granted, when I was expecting an e mail saying Paul had to redo his medical.

so chuffed. still cant believe it.

now paul gets to tell his folks.....ha ha

thats not bad at all! I assume as soon as they got Paul's medical you got granted!glad it's not just team 8 that are rumoured to be slow! Do his parents not know yet! Oh dear! Bet your glad u don have to have that conversation!

Well I did think he should have told them sooner, but they made it very diff for his sister when she told them she was emigrating (shes since returned, and regrets it soooo much) but like I said to Paul, they wont spoil it for us. we dont see them enough for how they feel to make a diff (sounds harsh i know) and Im very stubborn, so will only do what I want to do anyway.

my sister in law didnt have a party, which is something my niece wanted because it would upset her mam to much.

i understand taking other peoples opinions on board, but not at the detriment to other family members.

Dear friends,

I have lodge my application on 29 Aug (subclass 190). Yesterday I received a mail from team 4 asking me more evidence of employment and form 80 for me n my wife.

Regarding my experience I will provide bank statement. But I am facing problem regarding form 80. I am sharing my problems with you and it will be highly appreciated if you help me by giving your valuable suggestions.

firstly, it is recommended to use a pen and write. If I write with a pen then I will have to scan all these 36 pages (2 forms- mine n my wife's) and then have to send it. my question is can I type it and send it or not?

Secondly, should I have answer all the questions like question no 20 where I have to mention address of Australia? I got SS from WA, can I give South Australia's address?

Then, how will I send these documents - by mail or by attaching in my evisa page?

I am badly in need your kind response.

Thanks and regards

rashedul56

Dear Samulv,

Just wanted to know my lawyer said we can only contact case officer evey 4 weeks. He tried contacting her once but she never replied now he says I have to wait till 26th of october to contact again. my team is 4 case officer lyndal. as you can see in my signature i applied before maimenon

Question 1) you can type in the Adobe Acrobat, and print them, then sign at the required box with your name and your wife's name;

Question 2) if you havent ever been to australia, or you dont have a plan on your hand, you can leave it blank.

that is my thought.

good luck.

Congratulations! We have submitted all our evidence now and we are still waiting. We have Adelaide team 8. We have heard they are very slow but our case officer was replying to my agents emails quickly so hoping she isn't slow! How long after you submitted additional evidence did u get the grant?

Dear Samulv,

Just wanted to know my lawyer said we can only contact case officer evey 4 weeks. He tried contacting her once but she never replied now he says I have to wait till 26th of october to contact again. my team is 4 case officer lyndal. as you can see in my signature i applied before maimenon