190 Visa lodged 1st August 2013

DonnaC

eeeeeek is this actually happening!! cant believe its finally happening to us!!

it all started, for me 10 years ago with a WHV to aus, its taken me such a long time to get my boyf to aus, then a trip 2 yrs ago had him as in love as me!!

Started the whole visa process on Oct 10th 2012 (my sisters 30th birthday and 3 months after finding out my best mate had breast cancer and me deciding life was WAYYYYY to short to waste wondering what if) a migration agent (who is amazing) 3 IELTS tests, many worried moments and telling some family and friends and its getting soooo much closer!!

so Much has happened in the past yr, and im sooooo luck that my family are, in general, only telling me positive and happy thoughts for me!!!

Looking forward to hearing your stories!!!!

Donna, Paul (& Bailey the Springer Spaniel!!) :):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scrumpy

Flying into Perth, a few days there and then spending a month making our way down and have a good look around, as far as Bunbury, trying to find the right place to live

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys ive just joined PomsinOz today. I have another tab open on the lap top currently which is our 190 visa application! im really stuck on the education section for my children and want to get it submitted today if possible. it asks for secondary education or above. do I need to enter each GCSE subject or just their hgher education?!!

thank you :)

Hi everyone. We have lodged SA SS 190 yesterday the 24th August. Started process with the IELTS in Feb 2013. Sorting Police checks next week then waiting for CO and meds. We not planning on going till next julyish. Feels good to have finally got visa applied for. Good luck every one.

27th April IELTS overall score of 8.5. aasw assessment sent 8th June received back (positive) on the 23rd July. EOI subitted 25th July and accepted 30th July.

WA accepted state sponsorship and invited to apply by DIAC on the 12th August. hoping to sumbit visa 190 tomorrow as there is no guidance on how to fill out one section that I am stuck on!

congrats to you all.

We are still awaiting our CO aswell. also hit with the news last week that our agent has left the company. We have obv been assigned a new agent, but shes not even been in touch yet, so am a bit put off by that, but the process is moving along nicely :)

i have already uploaded PCC but having a meltdown about meds at the moment. We want to get ours done asap and after ringing the clinic and DIAC, they say there is no issue with having them done before request from CO although the validation time for visa starts from the meds or PCC...whichever you have done first but in our case it does not effect us as we are ready to go straight away literally but as DIAC explained, if you have a house to sell etc, you may be cutting it fine to validate visas if you have those things done too early. We have an agent who has informed us our medical link on our online app is not yet active which means we cannot do our visas yet some clinics only need TRN number. I have sent an email to agent requesting log in details to take a look myself as he his away for sometime from 6 th sept and don't want further delays. So stressful but it will be worth it :)

i have already uploaded PCC but having a meltdown about meds at the moment. We want to get ours done asap and after ringing the clinic and DIAC, they say there is no issue with having them done before request from CO although the validation time for visa starts from the meds or PCC...whichever you have done first but in our case it does not effect us as we are ready to go straight away literally but as DIAC explained, if you have a house to sell etc, you may be cutting it fine to validate visas if you have those things done too early. We have an agent who has informed us our medical link on our online app is not yet active which means we cannot do our visas yet some clinics only need TRN number. I have sent an email to agent requesting log in details to take a look myself as he his away for sometime from 6 th sept and don't want further delays. So stressful but it will be worth it :)

We have booked ours in advance too as we are planning on just going as soon as the visa is through! We had the same problem with the med link but after about an hour if page refreshing it turned up. I got the log in off my agent as well. It seems to be a glitch in the site. Once it's appeared click on it straight away - it can disappear again!

hi guys, what site did you use to check out when your CO was assigned??

I don't think you can check without receiving an email from CO or ringing DIAC. If you have front loaded everything I believe sometimes you don't find out until you have the grant if there are no problems!

ah right ok

omg didnt realise that once police checks and meds are through we get the visas!! exciting and scary all at the same time. best i get the house decorated and on the market asap.

The other half still hasnt told his family yet!!!!

It isn't definite but a few people on here that haven't been missing documents have had them granted before they even realised they had a case officer. There are no guarantees the case officer may still ask for more information but it does sometimes happen. They recommend you don't sell houses etc until the grant is confirmed.