Joondalup...what a city!!!

HappyHeart

I don't actually live within the city but only a short distance away and love the place...

Its very much maligned on here but actually won an award in 2011 for worlds most liveable city!

The environment, facilities and liveability are second to none! It's not busy, its how we like it...great shops, great open spaces, Uni campus (very convenient for me as I study there!) world class beaches, surf clubs, sporting facilities, Marinas, parks, great housing, fabulous, fabulous library....its so clean! Not sterile just nicely tended and looked after, train station, bus port...all sorts of shops...industrial areas....what more do you need...I rarely go into the city. Bars and pubs, restaurants..not much in the way of theatre but plenty of outdoor and indoor events..the little feet festival, Joondalup festival, moonlight markets, Fireworks at Hillarys for the start of Summer, outdoor concerts throughout summer, free and all genres of music catered for, comedy festivals..free....

Go Joondalup...and not a football shirt in sight! Well, Ive never seen one...must be one of those urban myths I reckon;)

It suits me but I can see its not for everyone

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JK2510

We live walking distance to lake joondalup. A lovely footpath that is nestled between trees/scrubland and the lake. So peaceful you forget where you are.

No I do say joon da lup actually, my mum calls it joon da loop some say jun da lup. Its a lovely place regardless....I quite like the housing around the library, Neeil Hawkins park, police academy etc...If I wanted city living that would appeal more than East Perth to me

I don't actually live within the city but only a short distance away and love the place...

Its very much maligned on here but actually won an award in 2011 for worlds most liveable city!

The environment, facilities and liveability are second to none! It's not busy, its how we like it...great shops, great open spaces, Uni campus (very convenient for me as I study there!) world class beaches, surf clubs, sporting facilities, Marinas, parks, great housing, fabulous, fabulous library....its so clean! Not sterile just nicely tended and looked after, train station, bus port...all sorts of shops...industrial areas....what more do you need...I rarely go into the city. Bars and pubs, restaurants..not much in the way of theatre but plenty of outdoor and indoor events..the little feet festival, Joondalup festival, moonlight markets, Fireworks at Hillarys for the start of Summer, outdoor concerts throughout summer, free and all genres of music catered for, comedy festivals..free....

Go Joondalup...and not a football shirt in sight! Well, Ive never seen one...must be one of those urban myths I reckon;)

It suits me but I can see its not for everyone

Very well said!

It is, has been and always will be Joon - da Lup. Despite what that stupid woman on wanted down under says.

The problem I have with the city of Joondalup is shouldn't there be more offices in a city? There are a few computer companies there, but they should really be looking to create a new west perth here. Tax incentives maybe?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Sounds a really nice place Fiona, I never got there when I was in Perth, keep telling us more.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Just googled Joondalup pictures and my it looks lovely there, really modern, great facilities, it looks fantastic.

It is modern. It's nice. No history, other than of the vland it was built on. Didn't exist 20 years ago. It's very modern and has everything you need IMO

All that doesn't matter. as long as you are happy and you sound happy.:wubclub:

It is modern. It's nice. No history, other than of the vland it was built on. Didn't exist 20 years ago. It's very modern and has everything you need IMO

Lmao history , Hillary's was 3 wooden shacks 50 years ago Wanneroo was 10 wog ( Italian ) vineyards the place I worked at in Wangara had a plaque and a vine being the first vinery there

Unfortunately I'm SOR but I will say that when we venture ooop Norf on our travels Joondalup is awesome for finding somewhere we can pull into for a coffee and brekkie with a camper trailer on the back and a couple of crazy chokkie labradors in the boot!!

Unfortunately I'm SOR but I will say that when we venture ooop Norf on our travels Joondalup is awesome for finding somewhere we can pull into for a coffee and brekkie with a camper trailer on the back and a couple of crazy chokkie labradors in the boot!!

Why are you in the dark side ??

Archived