Any Health Care Students

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, you all ok? I'm just waiting on a start date for my job with nhs as apprentice clinical support worker. Very exciting though. Feel like I'm moving forward.

My mum who is a band 3 in renal spoke to a girl who started off as a CSW and is now doing nursing has told mum that Australia are accepting band 4's and don't need to be a nurse.

Has anyone else come across this? If its right then it's fantastic news. Means I can get to oz so much sooner. Xx

• 2 weeks later...

I've got to do a assignment on research of higher education. So I've got to talk about my uni choices, the career I'm choosing and other stuff like that. It's not that part I'm finding hard, it's just I don't know how to start it and how it's supposed to be set out if that makes sense

Oh I see. I had to do similar a few months ago (talk about my proposed career choice rather then uni choice). The set up, that's difficult as different places want different things so you might want to clarify with them but I'll try and send you a pic (on fb) of how I started mine if you want. I can't upload documents so hopefully the pic will be readable.

Hi, I'm in my first year still. I qualify in sept 2016 and will 40 in nov 2016, so I'm guna be low on age points. I'm just desperate to get there and start the rest of my life and career. I'm considering trying to get a 457 as after 12 months I will have enough points for pr to apply my self. Gamble as I will have a 5 year old.... Any other ideas lol?

OTE=BritChickx;1936523944]Aside from me and Stacey, is there anyone else at the start of their studies? I've got 4 years until I qualify as a nurse now, that's quite depressing!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear ?

Just had my 3hr practical exam and forgot to put something important in my clinical notes.

Worried that might be an instant fail?

Don't think I did very well with the tutors either, one had to lead me and answered some of his own questions, the other is usually lovely but seemed confused and disappointed at everything I said.

Fingers crossed and positive thoughts ? x

• 2 weeks later...

Our first year doesn't count in the slightest, for nursing, then again neither does our result ie first or second class degree... It is however, good for you to build confidence that you are on the right lines, that you are capable of the next 2 years and you should feel proud of that. Congratulations! x