Any Health Care Students

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all!! just to introduce myself - I am a second year MH student training in the Republic of Ireland and will qualify in sept 2016. Married with two children:smile: we are hoping to move there as soon as i qualify with me being the main applicant, is this possible or do I have to gain some experience first?

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a PR visa? Had looked into a 187 visa which is where you work in regional or ritual Australia if you can can get the sponsorship and no experience..... have you heard of it? Not sure if I saw this on the official immigration site or an agency website

Still no word from college, I think it'll be a few months yet to even get a interview. Found one more glasgow course I can apply for so I'll do that. I found the perfect course for me but it's in Edinburgh and too hard to commute. It's a NC in care so I think in England that's like a Nvq of something like that. Anyway you so that but you get a nhs placement and then if you pass a guaranteed bank job with nhs Lothian. I asked about funding but it's not enough to live in Edinburgh and even if I get a part time job it might not be possible with weekend placements etc but I'm waiting to hear about the placement side of things and if there's any extra funding at all.

I found another company who do the same access course at the DLC except they have much better reviews even though they are newer so if I don't get a interview with glasgow and the funding isn't going to work then I'll just do the course with the other company

I qualify as a MH nurse this September and will be moving a 189 PR Visa in 2015. The 'up to' 3 years rule is if you are applying for sponsorship. In theory anyone can apply for a visa after qualifying however, from advice from multiple employers we would look more appealing if we have completed our 6 months preceptorship in the UK. Luckily this is how long the visa process will take anyway so I will hopefully be moving with 6-12 months work experience.

Good luck scottish stacey, everything happens for a reason! Perhaps you are just waiting until the perfect course appears!

I tried to get a hold of college today to see if I could get any update. I hate waiting around for ages. Another reason why maybe I should go for the online one, by the time I wait I could be almost finished probably

I am all for online courses but you know that lol... I found a group on facebook using the OU course code and I met some amazing ladies on there and we supported each other through the course so much so that they are still my friends on facebook and talk to me and support me far more than a lot of my actual friends who I have known in the past. Whilst it was not face to face contact, knowing that there was a page on FB to look for support when I needed it was invaluable.

If you were seriously considering it then I would go for interview and then ask to defer if you get offered a place, however be wary... waiting too long to start often means we change our plans and then 5 years later we wonder where the time has gone! Can you tell I started studying when I was 29!!!

Yeah but only over Easter holidays which means I will have the kids too. Very helpful haha but will try and get as much in as I can. It's 2nd May the exam. I know a big part of it (30%) is ABCDE linked to a condition but they've given us about 12 to revise... If I get that and the multiple choice (20%) I can make it haha xx

I'm not a big fan of community although I've not done it yet only Health visiting and I've got my learning disability one in 2 weeks. xx

Archived