Any Health Care Students

I remember when I applied for Uni in Sept, I heard back in Oct for an interview in Dec. I got news from that interview in 2 days. 2nd Was an interview at Bournemouth in Jan, they took a whole month to tell me, then told me I hadnt got accepted but was on another list that would be considered later - that took another month to hear about. 3rd was Notts and I had to rejig interview from Jan to March (son was born 23rd Dec) and got told within 6 hours.

No set pattern I am afraid!

Mine took until the Jan to find out and I applied in the September. I had one interview in the January and one in the February and had to fly over from NI for both. Got told within a week of each I had got a place.

Would have heard earlier with my Uni I'm at now but they had a problem with their system lol. My friend got told she didn't get a place and then a few months later just before they started they rang and said someone had dropped out before they started and did she want their place lol x

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applied in September too (2012). I think I got notification of my January interview almost straight away, and a conditional offer shortly after, but it wasn't until June that I had an unconditional offer (after CRB and Occ Health)

I got to bed at 03:30 after trying to get stuck into an assignment, luckily it's not due until April but I struggle with ideas and referencing so I'm trying to get a head...... so far I've only got a head ache though lol x

I have a presentation, an assignment on critical incident analysis, placement outcomes and a dissertation to write :-( However all I can think about is Australia and moving house in 2 weeks. My kitty cat has also been missing for 3 days so we are spending the weekend hunting for him.

I have a presentation, an assignment on critical incident analysis, placement outcomes and a dissertation to write :-( However all I can think about is Australia and moving house in 2 weeks. My kitty cat has also been missing for 3 days so we are spending the weekend hunting for him.

Hope you find your cat :(

Hiya. It went really well she was lovely and said she had no issues with me said she thought I would fit in nicely and was confident enough to communicate with the residents. If I don't need a CRB check as a volunteer I can start Wednesday if not I will need to wait until I have one done. X

Woohoo!! Well Done!! Our DBS didn't take long at all x

What year are you in? I'm still struggling with the same one I was the other day. I've got until June but I know it will come round really quick especially when I start placements again in 2 weeks x

I'm only in my first year so second round of exams coming up soon (including practical) followed by a 4 week placement.

As a podiatrist I only get 1 placement a year so very nervous!

I emailed every uni in Australia this morning. .well those that do nursing. Hopefully one of them can give me something positive regarding an elective placement!

I've been putting the feelers out for a placement in Australia too!

I think I have a company who I could work with/for but not sure How it works after that?

A few students at my uni have been on placement in Australia though so I'm sure it's all doable :) xx

Its five or six weeks for me. There have been students at my university that have been to Australia in the past for electives...its just now the placement areas are so few that I'm not sure I'll manage. Why would they give me one if there are not enough for their own students? But I still have a small glimmer of hope so will give it a go...until I've had a no from every uni!

Depends on the University. Usually about 4-6 weeks I think. I would try for Aus if I didn't have the kids but tbh I think it would be tough to find a place what with all their students and I'm sure they must have hundreds of international students asking if they have placements but still worth a try if you could x

I heard if you plan ahead like over a year before and get the feelers out you could be successful and they will save you a place it's worth asking even if it's a no then you have tried.

I considered it but again with two kids going to be almost impossible but on the plus side it would be great experience you could include on your Visa application (if necessary) and job hunting in Australia because it gives you hands on experience of their working practices. Xx

I'd go for it in your position keep grovelling and in contact with them show your keen. If I didn't have kids I would go too but mine will be 6 and 3 by then. I left my 4 year old (who was 2 at the time) to visit my sister in Florida for 8 days and my husband cried every day I was gone....haha! Told me when i returned i was never going away without him ever again ? daughter didn't even realise haha but now that she's older she definitely would.

If the opportunity is there snap it up xx

Snap I wish I had done this 10 years ago too but that's hindsight for you isn't it. X

Yep me to - I'm mortified that i'm even using the phrase 'by the time i'm 40'...I don't have any kids but I do have a full time job and a dog who is very full on, takes up a lot of our time.

I went travelling with my husband when we were 25 for a year, was the best year of my life. we went to Thailand for 2 months, Indonesia for 2 months then Australia for 3 months. I want to move to Australia more than anything. x

Hi

Thanks for this. Ok well I think I am going to stick to GN and Adult.... I am already working on my personal statement and if I think back about the reason why I wanted to do palliative and my personnel experience with it. I don't think I will cut it with Midwifery personally and children may be a bit too close to home with children of my own may be blubbing all the time whilst they are ill.

I am just doubting the fact i got a D in Gcse math!! Damn it! However since done AAT level 2&3 which is a accountancy diploma which could score me points on the numeracy side. I checked and I actually got 5 c's and 3 d's and 1 e (oops was history though haha)

Do they do any relevant numeracy skills in the access course to make up for not getting a Gcse C ? X

On my access course I did level 2 maths and English which gives you equivalent to a C, then the science stuff (biology) is level 3, and this where you get the distinctions needed, hopefully..

Sorry I'm still asleep but do you mean you will be doing Nvq and a access course? Just watch that because the whole point of the access course is that your not supposed to of studied for a few years. They might not allow that. I was going to do a access course at Bristol and they wouldn't allow me to do any type of course, not even a maths one. It was weird! All the access courses usually say the entry requirements are being out of studying for at least two years. If that's not what your saying then ignore the whole message lol x

I don't know if its different for me as im paying for my access course, but once you have started the course, they are not going to know you are doing an nvq?

Im doing my nvq through work also.

I don't know if its different for me as im paying for my access course, but once you have started the course, they are not going to know you are doing an nvq?

Im doing my nvq through work also.

The distance learning course is different. I don't think they care what you do but every actual college course I've saw so far in Scotland wants you to of been out of education for a few years but like I said - best to check these things out with colleges first anyway instead of taking my word for it lol

Archived