Any Health Care Students

It is really hard work but my favourite lessons in Uni. Apparantly its meant to be hard work as in the olden days only rich people were meant to study it so its purposely made up of Latin, so if you know any Latin you are already ahead ;) lol xx

Nope I am poor!! Haha ?

I know I will have to study really hard I am motivated to do it so that's got to be half the battle surely x

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes in my second year. Some Universities have elective placements and ours does but I won't be able to go anywhere amazing with the kids and Hubbys job lol. It all depends on whether you can get a hospital to take you on and you will need your own insurance to go abroad and registration with Australia nursing board as a student. Maybe I might go for transition which is something some Unis do which is observation for a few weeks. I could do a holiday in Aus and fit in my transition then and wouldn't need insurance or registration as would just be observing lol xx

That sounds like an idea then so do they do that at the end of the degree? X

Yeah I have to work to be clever lol sadly I am not one of these people who just take it all in the first time they hear it lol but being motivated and organised is key. I also have a photo of my husband and myself in Australia on the back of my Uni diary just for that extra motivation lol xx

Aww that's fab I will have to totally do this. I keep talking about oz because I need to keep reminding myself that it's going to be tough and hard work juggling in sept a part time job two kids running a house and two nights a week at college then all of the above minus part time job and full time uni but worth it .... ooh and volunteering haha!!

No I am not naturally brainy either but motivation and organisation I have in bucket loads ? x

Can I just add that my sister finds out today when she starts her access course to nursing today :-). She will be 30 this year, she did bad at school, has had a very unlucky life and despite wanting to look after people/children since being 10 years old she has never had the opportunity. I think seeing me enjoying my degree has given her a little push and I am so proud of her for finally taking the plunge as I know how hard it is once you are a mature student. Here's to the next generation of student nurses (or other healthcare professionals)! xxx

Thankyou, she was so scared of doing it and doubting herself. I live nearly 3 hours away so I couldn't do much to help her but she has done it herself, been into college to discuss and doing very well. I didn't think she would do it but she did and proved me wrong too. I just know how happy it will make her.

Wow jac2011 that's lovely very inspiring too. We'll done to your sister for taking the plunge and starting her journey towards the health care profession.

I am so worried too literally just opened a letter from the college who is running the access course. My first thought was ooh no they don't want me...but it was just a letter to say they had application form and will be in touch shortly for briefing session and interview. Phew!! This is where lack of confidence gets u x

I remember when I applied for Uni in Sept, I heard back in Oct for an interview in Dec. I got news from that interview in 2 days. 2nd Was an interview at Bournemouth in Jan, they took a whole month to tell me, then told me I hadnt got accepted but was on another list that would be considered later - that took another month to hear about. 3rd was Notts and I had to rejig interview from Jan to March (son was born 23rd Dec) and got told within 6 hours.

No set pattern I am afraid!

Archived