Any Health Care Students

Is that for the diploma?

She did a three years course and no honours but that would of been in 2008/2009. She stayed at home with parents and I'm sure she said she got 500pm and didn't take on any student debt. I think half the time she spent it on shopping lol. I might of got the amount wrong but 500 definitely rings a bell

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah sounds like diploma. They all got the same amount a month regardless of income. It's degree only now for starting x

Ahh I see! Is the degree longer or something? I'm not sure how much funding I'll get if I do occupational therapy. Probably end up to my eyes in debt lol. When I go to college I'll get around 70 a week x

Yeah will still go on theirs even if you move into student accommodation as you haven't been independant in your own place etc. So that's good if your mum doesn't earn much you should get a decent amount lol x

Well I lived with Dave at one point but I'm not sure if that will doubt? I guess I'll just need to find out nearer the time. Lol yeah I might end up with a ok amount, she definitely can't help me out. Half the time it's me helping her! X

Ahh I see! Is the degree longer or something? I'm not sure how much funding I'll get if I do occupational therapy. Probably end up to my eyes in debt lol. When I go to college I'll get around 70 a week x

OT comes under Allied Health along with Podiatry. My OH earned somewhere in the region of 26K when I applied for my bursary and I've come out with 328 a month for 12 months (not just term time)

Just thought that might help to give you an idea. To be honest I don't think there's a great deal of variance despite it being means tested.

I'm on the reduced rate student loan (around 750 every 4 months), and I'm in the UK xx

OT comes under Allied Health along with Podiatry. My OH earned somewhere in the region of 26K when I applied for my bursary and I've come out with 328 a month for 12 months (not just term time)

Just thought that might help to give you an idea. To be honest I don't think there's a great deal of variance despite it being means tested.

I'm on the reduced rate student loan (around 750 every 4 months), and I'm in the UK xx

Thanks for that. I don't know wether to get in touch with uni's to find out what I would be entitled to or wether to just leave it since it will be at least a year. My mum doesn't earn anywhere near that, she works part time and earns less than 10k. Definitely can't help me out at all so I'd be relying completely on bursary/loans/job. Probably not worth even thinking about right now but was just interested to see what I'd get x

A lot of mine goes on petrol - I do approx 70miles a day to uni. But yeah, very glad of it! Ive not taken a loan either, but we get our tuition feea paid in Scotland so guess its a bit different.

That's a lot. I applied for 2 Unis and one was about that far away. I was lucky to get a place at both though so chose the one on my doorstep lol takes me 10 mins to walk to it. The main hospital I'm at is only 10 mins away too so I'm lucky with ward placements lol x

Which uni do you go to Kylie? I'm looking at ones down south, there aren't that many in Scotland that do occupational therapy. One in glasgow, one in musslebrugh and one in Dundee I think. I had a nosey at ones near London. It's so expensive! The accommodation is well over 100 a week. I don't really know what it is for halls in Scotland but it definitely won't be that :eek:

Which uni do you go to Kylie? I'm looking at ones down south, there aren't that many in Scotland that do occupational therapy. One in glasgow, one in musslebrugh and one in Dundee I think. I had a nosey at ones near London. It's so expensive! The accommodation is well over 100 a week. I don't really know what it is for halls in Scotland but it definitely won't be that :eek:

I live in Fife but go to uni in Dundee. I came home from travelling and got a space during Clearing. It's the same uni I done my first degree at, and to be honest, I don't mind the drive too much.

I live in Fife but go to uni in Dundee. I came home from travelling and got a space during Clearing. It's the same uni I done my first degree at, and to be honest, I don't mind the drive too much.

Quite a drive! At least you don't mind it. There's me moaning about commuting into glasgow lol

Doing the access to nursing application, stuck with my personal statement thing. It definitely says it can be used for occupational therapy courses and the guy from Caledonian uni said that but I still feel like I've got less of a chance of getting on if I'm not doing nursing. Plus I still can't completely rule out nursing, that's why I'm trying to get some work experience at the hospital to shadow one. If I put that it'll look like I don't have a clue (which I don't haha)

That's me applied for two so far. I got a email back from nhs saying the booking department can't organise work experience for adults so I have to contact everyone myself. I don't know why the website said adult placements - email this address lol. Oh well! They were nice enough to send me all the details of the different departments. There's quite a lot of OT departments in glasgow and Clyde

That's good you've applied! Fingers crossed you hear back soon for an interview. Hope you get some work experience soon, if you have time you could look into volunteering in nursing homes etc as a lot of them deal with OTs too and you will come into contact with them. Even if you just make tea and coffee it's a nice way to get a look in and looks good on your CV/Personal statement too xx

That's good you've applied! Fingers crossed you hear back soon for an interview. Hope you get some work experience soon, if you have time you could look into volunteering in nursing homes etc as a lot of them deal with OTs too and you will come into contact with them. Even if you just make tea and coffee it's a nice way to get a look in and looks good on your CV/Personal statement too xx

I've to go meet a woman about some voluntary work for A charity, basically I help as a befriender. So I take them to the places they want to go - like the cinema, for lunch etc. So that should be good experience! Plus I start girl guides next Monday. I'm hoping I can fit everything in even when im working, I'm sure I can.

Yeah hopefully I get a interview, I hate how long we have to wait to hear back though x