Any Health Care Students

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fantastic experience, it was in a rural day hospital, we really felt able to help as it is all so appreciated. Very sad at other times, don't think I've ever cried so much in a few weeks...the lack of equipment, hygiene, etc... Government corruption is so rife though, not much money spent on healthcare. Most equipment had been donated by MSF (Doctors Without Borders). Certainly made me appreciate the NHS!

Sounds fab! If I didn't have the kids would love to go do something like that x

Good luck Mcfisher, I always believe everything happens for a reason!

You will have valuable skills as a nurse with all that you are taking on, it will certainly take some of the pressure of you in the first year!

Thank you.

Yes I think I am doing all I can to get on the uni course, and if they still turn me down then I don't know what I will do. I don't want to be a carer for the rest of my life, as fab and rewarding as the job is, £6.40 an hour isn't going to get me a great lifestyle and being a carer isn't going to get me to Australia. Lots of PMA needed.

Thank you.

Yes I think I am doing all I can to get on the uni course, and if they still turn me down then I don't know what I will do. I don't want to be a carer for the rest of my life, as fab and rewarding as the job is, £6.40 an hour isn't going to get me a great lifestyle and being a carer isn't going to get me to Australia. Lots of PMA needed.

I'm sure they won't. Where are you planning on applying? PMA will get you everywhere especially training to be a nurse :) xx

Its going good - its taking a little longer due to me having to put it on hold for around 3 months cos of my job. I should have it finished in April. Its a good course, definitely sets you up for uni study.

How are you doing? Have you started a course yet? x

Wow that's great! Just shows how much time I've wasted again! Did you find it difficult to begin with? I haven't applied to that one because I really don't know if I could cope with that kind of learning to begin with, it's been a long time since I've studied. The courses in glasgow open up for applications tomorrow so I'm going to apply for them x

Wow that's great! Just shows how much time I've wasted again! Did you find it difficult to begin with? I haven't applied to that one because I really don't know if I could cope with that kind of learning to begin with, it's been a long time since I've studied. The courses in glasgow open up for applications tomorrow so I'm going to apply for them x

I didn't do study for around 15 years before starting this course, but they do ease you in....you just have to have the motivation, which I do struggle with.

(my hubby is in Glasgow today at Parkhead watching Celtic) x

I didn't do study for around 15 years before starting this course, but they do ease you in....you just have to have the motivation, which I do struggle with.

Mines was 3 or 4 years but it wasn't the same level and then before that I left school in 2006, didn't exactly do great with my exams except English and classical studies.

I wish I'd just started the course the same time as you like I was going to. Scared I wait longer and don't get into this years intake either. I just think I'd do much better in a actual college environment. Hope he has a good time at the game lol x

Well make sure you go young lady, you will be so pleased that you did...yes it will be a bit hard to start with, but you will soon get into the swing of it and will be so worth it.

Let us know how you get on, good luck xx

Don't worry I'll definitely be going if I get a interview lol. I didn't get one for that course last year but I was later in applying, got the dates mixed up. I still keep kicking myself about not starting the DLC course same time as you x

Good Luck I'm sure you will get an interview :) when is the closing date? x

I can't remember but it's a few months that it's open. I think I applied just under two weeks after it opened and there were hundreds of applicants before me. That's why I didn't get a interview. I guess that's the good thing about the DLC, you start anytime you want x

So they help you at the beginning if you haven't studied in ages? I can't even remember how to do a essay lol and I don't know how to reference. Don't even get me started on the maths! :laugh: x

If you were always afraid and never tried you would never do anything ;) you do what you want but don't always be afraid. Take risks you are young... what's the worst that could happen? x

That I fail and waste all that money lol nah only joking. I know what you mean. It's just if I do the DLC then my gran and grandad are helping me pay which is extra stress on me. Normal college I'll get some funding but would either need to commute or move into Glasgow. How many hours studying a week did you do to get all your distinctions if you don't mind me asking? X

You won't fail! I didn't do nearly as many as you would expect for all distinctions lol. A couple of days a week a few hours a day lol x

You must be a smarty pants lol. I have no kids or responsibilities so I don't have any excuse not to study loads :laugh: There seems to be a lot of people who do it with kids, full time jobs etc. You should all be very proud! X