Any Health Care Students

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just called them to clarify. As long as I complete access to HE Health related and make sure 6 credits is maths based at level 2 along with the other 5 gcse's I do have the entry requirements for the Degree whoo hoo!! Glad I have got that cleared up as was starting to doubt myself then. So I have a chat with the matron at local care home sunday, open evening at the college to talk with the lecturers in the meantime I have applied for the access course (just waiting for a interview here) and just put application in the post for nhs volunteering x

It's Keele you are applying for isn't it? I just had a quick look and it says on there 30 merits out of the 60 credits.

http://www.keele.ac.uk/nursingandmidwifery/prospectiveundergraduatestudents/adultnursing/

I'm sure you've seen this page but it's at the bottom in the PDF. xx

Hi.

Yes it's Keele I have seen this page but will look at the pdf now as it's downloading... so what's 30 merits out of 60 credits?

Hope u don't mind me mithering u haha x

Hi.

Yes it's Keele I have seen this page but will look at the pdf now as it's downloading... so what's 30 merits out of 60 credits?

Hope u don't mind me mithering u haha x

No of course I don't mind and you aren't mithering lol. So say each module you do is worth 5 credits you would need to get at least 6 modules at a merit and the rest it wouldn't matter what you got x

So your in your second year right? Do u choose a 3 month placement too? I can go abroad if u can arrange it too? Heard oz is difficult to get too but achievable if u plan it enough in advance very tempting but with two children and a husband not going to happen however would give u a fascinating insight for how they do it in oz and some extra things to put on your list of experiences when finding a job over here x

Your access course sounds very similar to one I've applied to - very much about science lol. Here's mine -

The following units will be undertaken throughout the course of the year:

Unit Number

Unit Title

F1RH 11

The Human Body

D026 11

Living Cells

D043 12

Cell Function and Inheritance

D044 12

The Continuation of Life

D063 10

Chemistry in Action

D066 11

Building Blocks

D067 11

Carbon Compounds

D070 12

The World of Carbon

D321 11

Mathematics 1

D322 11

Mathematics 2

D323 11

Mathematics 3

D379 11

Mechanics and Heat

D381 11

Waves and Optics

D384 12

Radiation and Matter

D210 11

Individual Presentation

D211 11

Group Discussion

F796 12

Language Study

FG69 33

IT in Business: Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Databases: An Introduction

DM3X

Child Development

That sounds like a good course. I know this one is very much a lot of science type subjects however I believe it's the requirement for the uni here it seems. Maybe the Tailor access courses around the local uni's?

So have u applied for the access course and got a plaxe? I sent my application form just got to wait for a reply now x

So your in your second year right? Do u choose a 3 month placement too? I can go abroad if u can arrange it too? Heard oz is difficult to get too but achievable if u plan it enough in advance very tempting but with two children and a husband not going to happen however would give u a fascinating insight for how they do it in oz and some extra things to put on your list of experiences when finding a job over here x

Yes in my second year. Some Universities have elective placements and ours does but I won't be able to go anywhere amazing with the kids and Hubbys job lol. It all depends on whether you can get a hospital to take you on and you will need your own insurance to go abroad and registration with Australia nursing board as a student. Maybe I might go for transition which is something some Unis do which is observation for a few weeks. I could do a holiday in Aus and fit in my transition then and wouldn't need insurance or registration as would just be observing lol xx

That's good I am actually very interested in biology. I am fascinated about how the human body functions it's amazing. X

It is really hard work but my favourite lessons in Uni. Apparantly its meant to be hard work as in the olden days only rich people were meant to study it so its purposely made up of Latin, so if you know any Latin you are already ahead ;) lol xx