Any Health Care Students

That's me heading home. Got to see the eye gaze computer thingy. The children work the computer with their eyes. Ifs amazing but so hard, I had a go at the games lol. One of children took a shine to me even though he's not that

responsive to people usually, they thought it might of been because we both had glasses lol or because I was new. The kids there are lovely. So I can put on my personal statement that I've been there twice now and I'll try get a day at another place aswell

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its been ages since I have been on here, have been mega busy...im still working in the nursing home on a dementia unit. I do love it although I isn't something I want to do long term... I have applied as an apprentice clinical support worker with the nhs. I have done an English and Maths test and im just waiting to see if I have an interview now. I really really want this job.

Hope you are cracking on and getting nearer to your dreams, one day at a time....keep focused..im trying!!

Well its been ages since I have been on here, have been mega busy...im still working in the nursing home on a dementia unit. I do love it although I isn't something I want to do long term... I have applied as an apprentice clinical support worker with the nhs. I have done an English and Maths test and im just waiting to see if I have an interview now. I really really want this job.

Hope you are cracking on and getting nearer to your dreams, one day at a time....keep focused..im trying!!

Well done! Hope you get your apprentice job, I'm sure you will!

I went with the AOLL, it's a really similar company to the DLC, Infact i think it's one of their tutors who started it. I'm not very good with the motivation already and I've barely even started so I'll need to work on that! I think it's the fact that I can't even decide on a degree that's getting me down a bit

Well done. Good to hear you are okay xx

• 2 weeks later...

So finished my community placement. I'm pretty sure it's not for me, certainty not in this part of the world. Off for quite a while now so going to try to get lots of shifts on the Nurse Bank, have signed up to do a Mental Health First Aid course too for next four weeks which should be good..oh and studying, yes, I'll be trying to study too!

Thought I'd pop in for a quick update as Yr1 is drawing to an end x

I passed another module with 85.6% and have 2 exams next week leaving 1 practical clinical exam after my community placement.

I've been revising like mad over easter but I'll still be disappointed in myself when I don't know all the answers to all the questions!

I'm looking forward to my second year, which in podiatry seems to be the hardest.

I'm also making enquiries about the possibility of volunteering/shadowing in primary health care in Gambia. I believe that opportunities don't make a habit of seeking you out so if you want something, you have to make it happen ;) xx

Hi everyone, just thought I'd say hi on this thread!

I'm a student midwife in Liverpool, hoping to emigrate out to Australia when I qualify! Used to live in Sydney and I'm going back out there for a holiday, and then hopefully for my elective too!

Great to hear everyone's stories!xx

Just wanted to say it to make it seem real... I got a qualified nurses job today in a private hospital round the corner from where I live. I am so happy at the moment... Still got my assignments and a placement to do before I qualify in August but the pressure of having a job has gone! It makes all the studying worth it...

Just wanted to say it to make it seem real... I got a qualified nurses job today in a private hospital round the corner from where I live. I am so happy at the moment... Still got my assignments and a placement to do before I qualify in August but the pressure of having a job has gone! It makes all the studying worth it...

I saw this on fb, congratulations!! X

I'm struggling so much, I've barely even touched my course since I've been here. I was too stressed to begin with and I'm trying to get back into it.

It doesn't help that I still can't decide 100% what I want to do and still keep going through phases of "do I 100% even want to go to uni and could I cope with it". I wish I had a clear plan like everybody else seems to have

Wow! Jac, that is fantastic! Congratulations, what a relief. I'm really pleased for you. It will spur you on to do that last bit of the course now!

Brilliant. :D xx

I'm struggling so much, I've barely even touched my course since I've been here. I was too stressed to begin with and I'm trying to get back into it.

It doesn't help that I still can't decide 100% what I want to do and still keep going through phases of "do I 100% even want to go to uni and could I cope with it". I wish I had a clear plan like everybody else seems to have

Stace, I was like that ALL THE TIME during my access course. Remember me having a total meltdown on here because I didn't think I wanted to do it anymore?

It's normal. It's also really tough going, but you will be wonderful I know! Even if you decide not to go to Uni straight away, you will have this course under your belt to use at a later date.

If you're finding it tough and need anything, just shout. I've got a couple of books from my access if you want them? xx

Stace, I was like that ALL THE TIME during my access course. Remember me having a total meltdown on here because I didn't think I wanted to do it anymore?

It's normal. It's also really tough going, but you will be wonderful I know! Even if you decide not to go to Uni straight away, you will have this course under your belt to use at a later date.

If you're finding it tough and need anything, just shout. I've got a couple of books from my access if you want them? xx

I think I've just lost my way a bit lol coming over to Channel Islands has disrupted everything a bit. My mum wanted me to wait till I was back before I started but I didn't want to. Hopefully i can get back into a routine this week and start. I don't know if I'll definitely end up at uni but I just wanted to see if I was Capable of doing this course. Obviously If I can then I won't be going but fingers crossed I can. Which books have you got? That's a lovely offer. I've found some free anatomy and physiology ones on amazon that I can download onto my kindle fire. I didn't want to order textbooks before coming here, too heavy!

I remember your meltdown, I can't believe that's you almost in 3rd year already. That's crazy! X

I think I'm just struggling to stay motivated. I'm so easily distracted and distance learning is definitely hard. My tutor emailed me to say she would ring this week, I had told her I've barely had the chance to look at anything yet but she already knew that I'd struggle for the first week or two here. Now I'm a bit more settled it should be easier for me to sit down and do 2 or 4 hours of work before bed