Perth gets yet more expensive

VERYSTORMY

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News today showed unemployment at its highest level since 2010. One can't help but to get the impression that a major correction is in the making. These things take time to filter through so perhaps another year of denial.

Meanwhile house prices are again on the rise in an already wildly overinflated market as party time goes on.

Guest JK2510
Yeah but everyone earns so much its not even an issue.

Im sorry I don't agree with this. Not everyone earns loads...many do live on the breadline.

Guest chris955
Im sorry I don't agree with this. Not everyone earns loads...many do live on the breadline.

​Sorry I couldnt locate my sarcasm emoticon ;)

I said from the moment i arrived here in Perth that it is only a matter of time till the bubble bursts but people keep telling me it will never happen and that its a great time to buy property as its only going up. Now where else did i hear those kind of comments before....................

Yeah but everyone earns so much its not even an issue.

Yep, we know there are some very rich people in Perth, but these very rich people need cleaners, nannies, pool guys and seriously they still need nurses, police, and all the other hard working people that maintain the infrastructure and continue to help them live happily richly ever after.....give al thought to the rest of us who aren't fortunate enough to be oil barons and are just living as normal a life as you...

And a PS, went to a Registrar GP training session recently and was chatting to a Trainee GP who earns $2500 a fortnight for working 40 hours a week and no pay for any training and development, I was quite shocked at this but asked around at work ( work in the health sector) and was told that's about right, still struggling to get my head round it....

Guest chris955

Can I just reiterate, I was being sarcastic ;) The average person is finding it tough but some would have us believe that because everyone earns more it just evens out, its clear that isnt the case.

Yep, we know there are some very rich people in Perth, but these very rich people need cleaners, nannies, pool guys and seriously they still need nurses, police, and all the other hard working people that maintain the infrastructure and continue to help them live happily richly ever after.....give al thought to the rest of us who aren't fortunate enough to be oil barons and are just living as normal a life as you...

And a PS, went to a Registrar GP training session recently and was chatting to a Trainee GP who earns $2500 a fortnight for working 40 hours a week and no pay for any training and development, I was quite shocked at this but asked around at work ( work in the health sector) and was told that's about right, still struggling to get my head round it....

Well, but let them be fully trained and working in a clinic and they earn upwards of 10,000$ a fortnight! I know because I work in a clinic where I do the dr's salaries....

yes I do agree, they eventually do reap the rewards, I was just shocked that in order to be a trainee GP you have to do med school, intern, resident etc, its literally 10 years of training before you get to be a 'trainee' GP, it just seemed quite harsh to me ......

And to add, my friend who is a nurse and married to a GP and has owned a practice in WA says there is major snobbery with consultants and GPS, but I took my daughter to the GP yesterday, she's 5 I was charged $70 and it was the best money spent, he was so thorough, he left no stone unturned, he doesn't have a great bedside manner in that he openly uses words like 'cancer' etc, I always reprimand him but we have a joke and a good repartee and in the end I KNOW I am getting the best ever GP treatment I can get, I don't get why he is lesser paid than a consultant but its the quasi private/public Aussie system and its not for me to comment but for me as Joe Public, I get the best treatment and I won't compare with UK as HWB will get upset but just no comparison!!!

Guest chris955

I wont get upset in the slightest, I have no issue with an individuals particular situation, it is when that individual situation is used to describe the whole country which is obviously absurd. We had a great GP in Brisbane but she moved to a different area. We have now found a good one here so we are confident of getting good treatment. We must remember that doctors are individuals, some good some bad, its not country dependant.

​Is this good or bad?

I said from the moment i arrived here in Perth that it is only a matter of time till the bubble bursts but people keep telling me it will never happen and that its a great time to buy property as its only going up. Now where else did i hear those kind of comments before....................

It could get quite messy. In 96 it was hard getting employment in Perth. In 99/00 the housing market was not in good shape. The house purchased in the inner city at the time was off an engineer aged 52,whom had been unemployed for two years.

The house had been six weeks on the market and he needed a quick sale.

Loads of young folk were relocating either over East or overseas. How short memories are. Perth and WA in general have everything more or less in the same basket. The mining downturn will hurt. Some may argue it is the pain we need to suffer to get back to reality.

Obviously said tongue in cheek. Your not familar with British wit? Or Homewardbound's take on certain issues to do with OZ?

Although not directed to me I think we're all very au fait with tongue in cheek and British humour, I did chuckle but nevertheless felt compelled by mt British dogma to reply, regardless of the consequences!!!

Yes it can hurt the average aussie.I speak regularly with my mates,all working yes,mainly casual jobs,but two of them have had their electricity cut off twice because they can't afford to pay it.At this rate we'll all end up living back in caves!:eek:

I wont get upset in the slightest, I have no issue with an individuals particular situation, it is when that individual situation is used to describe the whole country which is obviously absurd. We had a great GP in Brisbane but she moved to a different area. We have now found a good one here so we are confident of getting good treatment. We must remember that doctors are individuals, some good some bad, its not country dependant.

says the guy that used to hijack every thread going, just to make it a UK better than Oz thread. PB unreal, but at least he has wit

Guest chris955
says the guy that used to hijack every thread going, just to make it a UK better than Oz thread. PB unreal, but at least he has wit

Is that the extent of your input in the thread ?

Archived