Perth gets yet more expensive

VERYSTORMY

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love a good sweeping generalisation now and again tbh!,did anyone know the French have 4 hour dinner breaks and wouldnt open the Bank so i could change my £'s into Francs,thus denying me the chance to go this pub where there was loads of tasty French girls !!!(i was young then:cute:)

#Bas7ards#:biggrin::wubclub:

and scousers are mouthy.....that's a good one too....oh wait that's actually true isnt it :D

We are yes!in general anyway,nose diseases as well,wanna know the ins and outs of a ducks arse within 5 minutes of meeting yer(altho im not curious or nosey at all tbh),have a nice night Stacy

Guest Guest 47403
says the guy that used to hijack every thread going, just to make it a UK better than Oz thread. PB unreal, but at least he has wit

LOL that must have hurt.......................best thing Kate could have done keeps him leashed :laugh:

When you compare countries it is clear that the UK hasn't had any fuel price increases over the past decade - check out the flat graph of UK prices below. What an expensive place Australia is: utility-prices.jpg

utility-prices.jpg

And a PS, went to a Registrar GP training session recently and was chatting to a Trainee GP who earns $2500 a fortnight for working 40 hours a week and no pay for any training and development, I was quite shocked at this but asked around at work ( work in the health sector) and was told that's about right, still struggling to get my head round it....

Is the $2500 a fortnight before or after tax? If it's after tax then it's about what my OH earns which equates to around $85k a year. Not bad earnings for someone still training if you ask me.

Best tell the people in the uk they havent had any fuel price rises in the last decade,seeing as paying for heating and hot water etc is supposedly one of peoples biggest concerns these days according to "surveys",including the 2.5 million "scroungers" with flat screen tellies,5 holidays a year abroad and free Jetski's courtesy of the DWP...

I wont get upset in the slightest, I have no issue with an individuals particular situation, it is when that individual situation is used to describe the whole country which is obviously absurd.

Something like this post of yours, you mean?

"I dislike the sensitivity to any criticism either real or perceived, the insecurity, the bizarre belief they are somehow special and different to other nationalities. The constant backslapping and self congratulation. The need to put other nationalities down to make themselves feel better."

Yes it can hurt the average aussie.I speak regularly with my mates,all working yes,mainly casual jobs,but two of them have had their electricity cut off twice because they can't afford to pay it.At this rate we'll all end up living back in caves!:eek:

I really fear that we have seen nothing yet. Most still gloat about the good times here. Something tells me there is going to be a steady reduction in living standards coming up in Australia, building up slowly but decline al the same.

The boom bust scenario is by appearances far from over. I very much doubt government of either side will even begin to get a handle on it, besides the Libs starting to cut conditions on gaining power, increasingly over time.

We will have a divide in society in Australia probably not experienced since the depression. Sounds alarmist but the writing has been on the wall for sometime.

Overpriced housing,probable reductions in welfare spending,increasing governments debts. The WA State Govt continues to rack up utility costs.Debt has blown out in this state.

During the depression folk lived in the sand dunes catching rabbits for tucker. Hopefully not that bad but the cost of living on the huge numbers in casual work is all telling. Not going to be easy for many of us.

It's awful, electric was 8c a unit when I arrived 8 years ago and now it's 22c. thankfully we are doing OK. Thankfully this will put off many new poms coming and it will leave boring Perth to us boring, uneducated people who love it.

Every cloud has a silver lining. Yep the bogans will be left in peace...

I personally think its bad, I personally think they should earn loads more, if I'd done 10 years medical studies I'd expect to earn quite a bit more.....

I'd go as far to say GPs are slightly overpaid if anything. $70 to $75 for ten to fifteen minutes of pretty standard service. If money is their goal they should have become merchant bankers or something akin.

Guest chris955

Thats a strange thing to say, I havent heard anyone say anything even remotely along those lines but its irrelevant when talking about how expensive Perth is.

When you compare countries it is clear that the UK hasn't had any fuel price increases over the past decade - check out the flat graph of UK prices below. What an expensive place Australia is: [ATTACH=CONFIG]19224[/ATTACH]

Thats a strange thing to say, I havent heard anyone say anything even remotely along those lines but its irrelevant when talking about how expensive Perth is.

It is perfectly relevant, you crap on about fuel price inflation across Australia as though it was exclusive to Australia. It is a global issue..

Guest chris955

Its not relevant in the slightest in a thread about Perth.

It is perfectly relevant, you crap on about fuel price inflation across Australia as though it was exclusive to Australia. It is a global issue..

Guest Guest 47403

Not too bad a 60% rise since 2008 compared to the rises we have seen in the UK over the last decade.

Archived